Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a BC fan, I love Gunnell in the slot in this offense. He's amazing at finding holes in coverage. Very underrated player.

Comment

• There was a debate on what Dexter McCluster would play RB or WR well he has a RB number but I still look for him to spend alot of time working the slot.

Comment

• WTF, now someone is saying that Henderson isn't coming to visit the Chiefs. It isn't like it was some schmuck like me blabbing his mouth John would be here. I heard it from John's mouth.

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/12958728273

Comment

• Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
          I may just be ill-informed, but I have heard no stories about being a locker room cancer. I will do some digging and see what I come up with. Maybe someone else has seen/heard a story to the contrary.
          I figured he wasn't a good "presence" in the locker room since he was being cut from the jags. The guy is still a player, why cut him otherwise?
          hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

• Apparently Del Rio called him out last summer saying he didn't believe his shoulder injury was serious and that he was milking it. Before the season they met and "cleared the air". I have not heard of any other issues with him. He was released I imagine because his salary didn't meet his production and he's really probably a 20 snap a game player at this point. I still would love to have him, but I guess now it's not looking good.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
              WTF, now someone is saying that Henderson isn't coming to visit the Chiefs. It isn't like it was some schmuck like me blabbing his mouth John would be here. I heard it from John's mouth.

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/12958728273
              Both John and his agent have said he would talk with the Chiefs this week I don't know where this is coming from?

Comment

• All this character stuff is crazy I don't care what they do in their personal life as long as they produce on the field. I am sick of rebuilding. And my question is on offense we struggled to make short and long third downs. Has this been improved by the players we have brought in honest opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC.grown View Post
                  All this character stuff is crazy I don't care what they do in their personal life as long as they produce on the field. I am sick of rebuilding. And my question is on offense we struggled to make short and long third downs. Has this been improved by the players we have brought in honest opinion.

Yes. McCluster up the gut. :p

Seriously, we had 27% conversion rate on 3rd last year and I don't see how we improve that by much. Our defense will likely be on the field forever again. I hope I'm wrong and the line somehow takes on a new life, but I don't see it for this year. Hopefully Berry has 15 int's.

Comment

• Sorry, but I disagree.

I absolutely care about character. We are going to build this team the right way, I still believe that, but I do not want some asshole who beats his wife or rapes women or gets drunk and kills someone behind the wheel. Same thing goes for locker room cancers.

I'm sick of that kind of behavior in the people that children look up to. It's sickening. You shouldn't get a pass because you can run fast or can throw a ball. That is the correct message to be sending.
                    Last edited by vidae; 04-27-2010, 10:29 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                      Sorry, but I disagree.

I absolutely care about character. We are going to build this team the right way, I still believe that, but I do not want some asshole who beats his wife or rapes women or gets drunk and kills someone behind the wheel. Same thing goes for locker room cancers.

I'm sick of that kind of behavior in the people that children look up to. It's sickening. You shouldn't get a pass because you can run fast or can throw a ball. That is the correct message to be sending.
                      As usual Vidae, well said. I don't want my son to come up to me and say "Daddy, I want to be like Larry Johnson and smack some hoes up in the club" I'd like him to say "Dad, next year, can I help out with the can drive like Jamal Charles did?" I wasn't on the Pioli bandwagon until he cut that peice of trash Larry Johnson. It takes a lot of guts to stand up in the public and say we won't stand for horrendous behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC.grown View Post
                        All this character stuff is crazy I don't care what they do in their personal life as long as they produce on the field. I am sick of rebuilding. And my question is on offense we struggled to make short and long third downs. Has this been improved by the players we have brought in honest opinion.

Also, in response to your "have we improved question" I would say emphatically yes on offense. Drafting Eric Berry, assuming he is as good as he is promised, I would say our defense has improved. Not addressing ILB kinda frightens me, especially with two guys' who are supposed to be 43 weak side backers(DJ and Demorrio). Most improvement has come across the Offensive line. Lilja, Weigmann and Asomah. With those three guys we have increased our depth at center, guard and made our offensive line somewhat formidable. WR is going to be really good this year. Here's to hoping D-Bowe makes a huge comeback! We potentially have the best RB combo in the NFL. There's no reason for this offense to not be a top ten Offense.

Comment

• Agreed Herm, but you're forgetting one of the biggest acquisitions for this offense: Charlie Weis. Things are looking up gents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
                            As usual Vidae, well said. I don't want my son to come up to me and say "Daddy, I want to be like Larry Johnson and smack some hoes up in the club" I'd like him to say "Dad, next year, can I help out with the can drive like Jamal Charles did?" I wasn't on the Pioli bandwagon until he cut that peice of trash Larry Johnson. It takes a lot of guts to stand up in the public and say we won't stand for horrendous behavior.
                            Woah, what is your son doing in the clubs? Moreso, where are these clubs in KC that are letting kids in? This is a serious problem!

:D

Comment

• There's an article on ArrowheadPride quoting Herm Edwards as saying Dorsey can play nose tackle.

"He can do that," former Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said of Dorsey playing nose tackle. "There's no question. Yeah, he can do that. He can hold up on the double team. There's no doubt."

Well, I guess that makes it official (if it wasn't already), this is a bad idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
                                Yes. McCluster up the gut. :p

Seriously, we had 27% conversion rate on 3rd last year and I don't see how we improve that by much. Our defense will likely be on the field forever again. I hope I'm wrong and the line somehow takes on a new life, but I don't see it for this year. Hopefully Berry has 15 int's.
                                Less pressure on the QB (from screens, Charles running, and improved talent along the OL), more and better options for the QB (whole year of Chambers, Bowe not being a *****, McCluster out of the slot or backfield, ditto for Charles), and a better power runner (Jones).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information