Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont care for the #9 pick. Use a double digit.

Other wise, it is 6 months too early to be picking 2011 picks.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      I dont care for the #9 pick. Use a double digit.

Other wise, it is 6 months too early to be picking 2011 picks.

J
      Huh? 10characters
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
        Huh? 10characters
        I think he's just hoping that we pick alot later than #9. Not that your draft is bad. I like it. If we are picking #9, Cassel better have shown ALOT of promise otherwise I think QB should be our #1 priority.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
          I think he's just hoping that we pick alot later than #9. Not that your draft is bad. I like it. If we are picking #9, Cassel better have shown ALOT of promise otherwise I think QB should be our #1 priority.
          I didn't choose the draft order, so that was out of my control.

No QB's were available, as Locker, Luck, and Mallett were all taken before #9, and I wasn't gonna reach for Ponder or Johnson. Then by the time my 2nd RD pick came up, Ponder and Johnson had been taken. At that point, my objective became to solidify the entire team and have a solid foundation for the QB, whether it's Cassel for another year or a rookie QB from the 2012 Draft.

Here's the selection thread if ya'll wanna see the context of the picks: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41298
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
            I love the first three picks. Floyd/Powe/GAlippo are future starters for this club, but I would have liked to see a Center somewhere after that. Center is going to be a big big issue for us next year with Wiegmann retiring and Niswanger definitely not being the answer, but it's hard not to love what you've done.

Solid A from me!
            This. I would be ecstatic if those were the first three picks and probably skip day 3 altogether.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
              Huh? 10characters
              Not a lot later, but in the 7-9, 8-8 region.

My real point is that too much changes between now and October for this to have much value. This time last year Jevan Snead was a 1st round pick.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

• Obviously, no one is disputing that, but we love our mock drafts around here and it is never too early for one. They're all in good fun.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Alrighty, say hello to the 6th and 7th RD picks of your 2011 KC NFL Draft!

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                  With the 169th Overall Pick, the Kansas City Chiefs select...

Colin Baxter, C, Arizona!!!

Baxter is the 3rd ranked Center according to CBSSports's rankings. He's about 6'4, 295 lbs., so he fits the ZBS. I think he was a good get here, and I'm glad not addressing Center sooner didn't come back and bite me in the butt. Anyway, Baxter's got a ton of experience, a lot of talent, and could probably contribute fairly early.

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                  With the 201st Overall Pick and the last selection of their 2011 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select...

B.J. Daniels, QB, South Florida!!!

Ok, this was totally a pet pick by me. I LOVE B.J. Daniels. He reminds me of a mix of Michael Vick and Donovan McNabb. He's not as fast as Vick and doesn't have his arm strength, and he's not as polished of a passer as McNabb, but he's got similar traits to both players. He's got enough talent to change positions, but I planned on keeping him at QB. Worst case scenario is he's a backup QB that would bring an electric element when he had to come in, which I think is a positive, but best case scenario is he utilizes all that talent and becomes a franchise QB.

First thing you notice about Daniels is his running ability, and while it's incredible to see him break a defender's ankles, I very much like his arm and passing ability. Like all college QB's, he'll have to work on his mechanics slightly, but they're not that bad aside from a slightly diagonal throwing motion, which is a concern considering he's 6'1 according to the USF website (Riiiiight, sure he is), and some footwork lapses. But he can get out of the pocket and throw well rolling out, which helps makeup for his lack of height. With a flick of the wrist, he can throw a ball 40 yards while scrambling. He also placed 2nd on South Florida's passing efficiency rating last year. There's not much talent surrounding him at USF, but he makes plays despite that.

There were some unproven QB's available like Dayne Crist and John Brantley, and another super athlete in Colin Kaepernick, but Daniels won out. I'm not confident in Brantley (Florida QB's! Blech!) and Kaepernick was inconsistent, but Crist I liked and there's the Notre Dame/Weis connection which could be beneficial. But in the end, I just had a bigger man crush on Daniels. :D
                  Last edited by TitanHope; 06-04-2010, 07:34 PM.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Yeah I love Daniels as well. Don't know much Baxter but the position is correct for sure.

Overall, solid A still. Great job, all positions of need.

Comment

• hey guys, how's Jamaal Charles doing in workouts and OTAs/mini camps?

I'm so high on him in fantasy this year. How much is Thomas Jone going to be involved in the offense? Is McCluster going to be used more as a WR?

Is Charles going to be the starter day 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                        hey guys, how's Jamaal Charles doing in workouts and OTAs/mini camps?

I'm so high on him in fantasy this year. How much is Thomas Jone going to be involved in the offense? Is McCluster going to be used more as a WR?

JC has not done much in OTA's because he is recovering from surgery on his shoulder but it's nothing serious.

I don't see any way he is not the starter as for how much TJ will involved that depends on who you ask, I believe he is going to get a good hand full of touches.

As for McCluster he has put in alot of work in the slot he will be moved around alot from what I understand but I feel the slot will be is biggest role.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                          hey guys, how's Jamaal Charles doing in workouts and OTAs/mini camps?

Hi.

I expect J Charles to average 16-18 carries a game. Jones in the 10-14 range. A 60-40 split. If Charles gets 240 carries on the season and average 4.4 yards per carry (a middle of the road expectation) he will have 1000 yards. I also expect him to get about 30-40 receptions for another 250-320 yards. I am just being a little realistic and short sided for him. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets 1600 yard from scrimmage. With the touches I projected I see him getting 10 TDs.

So on a realstic level: 1000 yards rushing, 250 yards receiving, 10 overall Tds. A top 10 RB, fantasy wise?

I could have said 1200 yards rushing, 500 yards receiving and 15 overall tds. But i dont want to be a homer :)
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• For Dex.

I expect 40-50 receptions, 40-50 carries. Around 100 touches. Average 5 yards per touch = 500 yards, 3-5 tds.
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• idk, I think Jamaal will get more carries than he did last year, but that might be the homer in me talking.

We've upgraded the two biggest trouble spots along our offensive line and brought in a RB who can run the ball when JC needs a rest (something we didn't have last year).. I expect JC to be even more explosive and a better overall running back than he was last year. Will that translate to better production? Absolutely.

Could be the homer in me, but I'm expecting a BIG year for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                                idk, I think Jamaal will get more carries than he did last year, but that might be the homer in me talking.

We've upgraded the two biggest trouble spots along our offensive line and brought in a RB who can run the ball when JC needs a rest (something we didn't have last year).. I expect JC to be even more explosive and a better overall running back than he was last year. Will that translate to better production? Absolutely.

Could be the homer in me, but I'm expecting a BIG year for him.
                                I'll put some homer in you ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information