X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs sign center Eric Ghiaciuc

Comment

• F'ing nice signing. Niswanger's a good guy, but he's more of a utility backup to me. I've always been a big fan of Ghiaciuc.

Comment

• He got thrown off the bengals. And from Gretz it sounds like he's had some injury issues.....I bet Niswanger and this guy are almost interchangable.
        hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

• I don't think that Ghiaciuc, however the heck you pronounce it, is bad and will be an addition to the team.

Guys I just saw on ESPN.com, rumors mentioning Edgerrin James to the Chiefs? Also, Boldin still a chance for the Chiefs.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
            He got thrown off the bengals. And from Gretz it sounds like he's had some injury issues.....I bet Niswanger and this guy are almost interchangable.
            Because the Bengals have a long history of making the right decision in who to keep and who to let go from their roster...

Ghiaciuc anchored their OL when it was one of the best in the NFL and when the Bengals ran a Top 3 offense. He can handle the big 3-4 NT's the AFC is going to be throwing at the Chiefs. With Ghiaciuc, Shields, and Goff, the Chiefs have a great, veteran interior line. With their depth and quality at RB, they'll be able to run on anyone, which will really open up the offense.

Comment

• Chiefs Announce Front Office Changes

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                Because the Bengals have a long history of making the right decision in who to keep and who to let go from their roster...

Ghiaciuc anchored their OL when it was one of the best in the NFL and when the Bengals ran a Top 3 offense. He can handle the big 3-4 NT's the AFC is going to be throwing at the Chiefs. With Ghiaciuc, Shields, and Goff, the Chiefs have a great, veteran interior line. With their depth and quality at RB, they'll be able to run on anyone, which will really open up the offense.
                Whoa there buddy, you haven't seen Ghiaciuc play it seems. You listed his weaknesses as strengths. He can't run block and can't handle 3-4 DT's. Our Oline hasn't been the same since Rich Braham got hurt and had to retire. There's a reason he's gone this long without being signed and the Bengals are putting their trust in a rookie or Dan Santucci.

Ghiaciuc has experience and is good for a backup. In our scheme, we need power guys and IMO Ghiaciuc is better suited for a zone blocking. He got pancaked more than a fat girl at Waffle House. The biggest drawback for him is that in the AFCN, the massive nose tackles just destroy him. He doesn't have the strength. He was the greatest weakness in our line.

I'm not saying it's a bad signing, just as Bengals fans we didn't want him back because we knew he couldn't produce in our line. He's got a lot of experience, I was surprised he went so long without at least being signed as a backup. Sometimes a change in scenary is good for a player.

Comment

• Yah Ghiaciuc (pronounced Guy-check for those that were wondering) is a smart and athletic center. However, he's not strong enough to handle big 3-4 NT's. when you guys player 4-3 opponents, he'll be good (assuming he sees any playing time). However, with the broncos switching to the 3-4, it seems that you'll see enough big NT's that you won't be pleased him.

Also, Rich Braham was our center when we were a top 3 offense, not Ghiaciuc.

Comment

• Sounds like this signing just adds a little versatility to the line. I still expect Niswanger to start at center (I think I have a higher opinion of him then most), but if there is an injury Ghiaciuc can step in at center and Rudy can move to guard. I like it.

Comment

• What are your guys projections for Larry Johnson this year, if he remains?

1,000 yard season again? Injury? Or will he half ass it? :P

I think he can get back to 1,000 yard season again if he keeps a chip on his shoulder. That will be the key though.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
                        What are your guys projections for Larry Johnson this year, if he remains?

1,000 yard season again? Injury? Or will he half ass it? :P

I think he can get back to 1,000 yard season again if he keeps a chip on his shoulder. That will be the key though.
                        Well, assuming he has competition behind him. And a lot on the line in regards to money. I'd say he's going to have a 1300 yard, 8-10 TD Season.
                        hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

• Its Show Time...

Comment

• Hali hoping for a fresh start

Hali hoping for a fresh start.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1183165.html

Comment

• That catch against the Raiders was insane. I was at that game and really close to where it happened.. in real time it was even better.

Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Man, this forum is dead. How you guys doing today? Who is very excited for this year! I AM!@!!!!#@#$
                                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information