This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
    Man, this forum is dead. How you guys doing today? Who is very excited for this year! I AM!@!!!!#@#$

This is why football is so popular. The fact that they don't (can't) shove it down our throats for 9 months out of the year drives the demand. I'm so pumped about the football season, but there just doesn't seem to be much to discuss at this point and I'm still not certain how I feel about this team. I'm just hoping to play some meaningful games in December, it seems like it's been forever.

Comment

• Chiefs hire Donovan as executive vice president

“We are very excited to have Mark join our executive team,” said Chairman Clark Hunt in making the announcement. “Mark’s track record of success in the business of the NFL has earned the respect and praise of the entire league.”

“Mark will be a great asset to the Kansas City Chiefs as we make the transition to the New Arrowhead,” Thum added. “We are very fortunate to add his business acumen and expertise to the Chiefs organization.”

“I want to thank Clark Hunt and the Hunt Family for giving me this opportunity to expand my responsibilities and experience base at a critical time for the franchise,” Donovan remarked. “I look forward to being part of the next chapter in Chiefs history.”
      Last edited by Splat; 05-21-2009, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• We signed Donovan from Philly!!! No not that one. :P

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• No longer a backup, QB Cassel growing into new role with Chiefs (NFL.com article)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• Where is everyone at??? It's quiet in here! :)

Comment

• A quiet lull before the real fun stuff starts, that's all!

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                A quiet lull before the real fun stuff starts, that's all!
                Ah, there ya are! :P I guess I could pose a question to possibly get a debate going...

Will Brodie Croyle be on the roster come Week 1 of regular season?

Comment

• Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
                  Ah, there ya are! :P I guess I could pose a question to possibly get a debate going...

Will Brodie Croyle be on the roster come Week 1 of regular season?
                  Oh easy. He showed a lot of promise the days the wind wasn't blowing in his direction. I think if you set him down, make him eat his veggies and hit the weightroom, he could be a really good quarterback. Besides, he's easily the best 3rd string quarterback in the league. It's kinda sad to admit this, but our third string QB this year was far better than the Vikings' starter(Tav. Jack) last year.

What do you guys' expect to see out of Tyson Jackson this year statwise? Since he's the third overall pick:
                  100 tackles, 26 sacks, 10 FF, 1 INT and an "atta boy" from Coach Haley(just kidding).
                  hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

• Depends on how they use him. He could easily end up with 8+ sacks and 60 tackles. That'd be where I'd set the bar if he's the starting strongside DE.

Comment

• Yes, I do think Brodie will be on the roster come week one. If anything he's a capable backup and they're obviously extremely useful if your starting QB goes down. Like I've been saying, I'm still pretty high on Croyle, he just can't stay healthy. He looked good before he was injured AGAIN, so I'd love him as our backup. At least you know you have someone somewhat competent going in if Cassel is injured.

As for Tyson Jackson, depending on how the rest of the line plays and how the additions to the LB corp work out, I could see anywhere between 2 and 6 sacks, but I think that's about all you can expect from a 3-4 DE each year. Anything else is gravy. To get more he'd have to be an exceptional talent and I still don't see that from him, but I'd absolutely love to be proven wrong. I think at most you will have a good, solid football player for 10 years. I don't see that "once a decade" type player here, but again, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Comment

Yes, I do think Brodie will be on the roster come week one. If anything he's a capable backup and they're obviously extremely useful if your starting QB goes down. Like I've been saying, I'm still pretty high on Croyle, he just can't stay healthy. He looked good before he was injured AGAIN, so I'd love him as our backup. At least you know you have someone somewhat competent going in if Cassel is injured.

As for Tyson Jackson, depending on how the rest of the line plays and how the additions to the LB corp work out, I could see anywhere between 2 and 6 sacks, but I think that's about all you can expect from a 3-4 DE each year. Anything else is gravy. To get more he'd have to be an exceptional talent and I still don't see that from him, but I'd absolutely love to be proven wrong. I think at most you will have a good, solid football player for 10 years. I don't see that "once a decade" type player here, but again, I'd love to be proven wrong.
                        I agree with you on Tyson Jackson 100%. As for Croyle, he did look great when I had seen him at camps and can remember getting excited that we had him. If only he could stay 100% healthy like you mentioned it'd be very interesting to see. Maybe a year on the bench of healing and resting will do him good and maybe he'll be a solid backup. At the same time though, with Thigpen...I don't know if we even need Croyle. Thigpen seems like a good alternate choice as it his.

On a side note, I like to post in other sections...as a Packers fan, even the Packers section. I have to mention though that this section feels like home, look forward to hanging around more on here. Joined like 2006 but never got on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
                          I agree with you on Tyson Jackson 100%. As for Croyle, he did look great when I had seen him at camps and can remember getting excited that we had him. If only he could stay 100% healthy like you mentioned it'd be very interesting to see. Maybe a year on the bench of healing and resting will do him good and maybe he'll be a solid backup. At the same time though, with Thigpen...I don't know if we even need Croyle. Thigpen seems like a good alternate choice as it his.

On a side note, I like to post in other sections...as a Packers fan, even the Packers section. I have to mention though that this section feels like home, look forward to hanging around more on here. Joined like 2006 but never got on here.
                          Glad you decided to stop by! The Chiefs posters on these boards are pretty damn knowledgeable, and there are a lot of us. Funny for a team that has won six games in two years..

Comment

Glad you decided to stop by! The Chiefs posters on these boards are pretty damn knowledgeable, and there are a lot of us. Funny for a team that has won six games in two years..
                            Yeah I have noticed, some good Chiefs fans to represent on here. :)

Comment

• Missouri board approves new training camp deal for Chiefs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                                Depends on how they use him. He could easily end up with 8+ sacks and 60 tackles. That'd be where I'd set the bar if he's the starting strongside DE.
                                Even if we weren't playing a 3-4 defense I'd say there's a slim chance Jackson puts up those numbers this year. Rookie defensive linemen hardly ever put up good stats, unless your name is Jevon Kearse and then youre just a freak. He never put up those kinds of tackles and only one year did he post more than four and a half sacks. What he'll be asked to do is take up blockers and allow the linebackers to go free. We won't see a statistical contribution of significance from Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information