Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCoy did well during practice sessions during East West Shrine week. i am guessing RAC took notice
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• He has some potential in the defense. If they'd gone with Izzo it would have been to get more leadership on special teams.

Comment

• Chiefs Rumor Mill:

We all know Charlie Weis is a devout catholic. Supposedly Charlie has been attending mass (is mass like deer? is it already plural cause masses seems stupid and mass' is for ownership, right? Guess I should have paid more attention in 7th grade English class) at Pius X (up in my neck of the woods in the Northland). It's been brought up by a few of the HS football parents that Charlie has been very displeased with Cassel so far this year. He has specifically called out his "accuracy on easy throws" as his main source of ire. He has tried on multiple occasions to work and talk with Cassel on the problem, but it persists and it has now become a major source of frustration for Weis and Cassel both.

I don't know how true this "story" is, but it makes sense. Weis is high strung and Cassel isn't the most accurate. It sucks that this comes after Cassel's best game as a Chief. Hopefully they can work this out during the bye week.

I do believe this is something to keep an eye on from here on out. Where there is smoke, there is usually a flame.

Comment

• Cassel is due a 7 million dollar bonus in may of 2011. keep an eye on Cassel this year or he is cut before that bonus is due.
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• There's just been something between Weis and Cassel that doesn't seem right. I'm not sure if it has something to do with Cassel being a McDaniels product...but it sure as hell seems that way. It doesn't seem like Weis desires a good relationship with Matt Cassel... Not like he was with Brady at all.

Comment

• Brady sucked him off and Cassel has rejected him

Comment

• Well, I hope they can both be professionals and work through it before it becomes a big problem.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                  Brady sucked him off and Cassel has rejected him
                  I think the problem is that Cassel developed a relationship with Haley last year. That relationship probably doesn't sit well with Weis...probably feels like Cassel answers to Haley, not Weis.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                    There's just been something between Weis and Cassel that doesn't seem right. I'm not sure if it has something to do with Cassel being a McDaniels product...but it sure as hell seems that way. It doesn't seem like Weis desires a good relationship with Matt Cassel... Not like he was with Brady at all.
                    I think it just shows the difference between Weis and McDaniels. As much flack as Josh gets and deserves, he takes what he has to work with in a QB and makes the most out of it. On the otherhand, Weis demands excellence.

Cassel is a very limited QB, so this is no shocker.
                    Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

• I don't see how Cassel is "limited" (he's got better physical, athletic, and mental tools than 90% of the league and works harder than more than 90% of the QBs in the NFL, too)... I think Charlie just wants his own guy, and not the head coach's guy. He has no attachment to Cassel, and Weis is an egomaniac.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                        I don't see how Cassel is "limited" (he's got better physical, athletic, and mental tools than 90% of the league and works harder than more than 90% of the QBs in the NFL, too)... I think Charlie just wants his own guy, and not the head coach's guy. He has no attachment to Cassel, and Weis is an egomaniac.
                        I'm going to take issue with the first part of this message. I think mentally he is capable, and he has some tools to work with, but he really isn't that accurate of a thrower, which, if you asked me, is probably top 3 in terms of important attributes to have in a quarterback. His inability to consistently throw the deep ball most definitely means he is a limited quarterback.

Also, there is zero way you or anyone could know whether Cassel works harder than 90% or any percent of the leagues quarterbacks. I'd like that statement stricken from the record, your Honor.

Comment

• They don't throw the deep ball at all in this offense. How can you say he's not accurate deep when they don't even throw it deep? It's Weis's style, and it works for winning football games. Get first downs, protect the ball and control the clock. And even to that point, he's completed 60% of his passes beyond 10 yards and had quite a few drops in the first two games.

A lot of being accurate (especially at this level) is timing and getting comfortable. We've seen Cassel be a dominant passer once he settles in and plays with confidence. He just needs to do that every play.
                          Last edited by nepg; 10-03-2010, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• So we're all Giants fans today, right?

Comment

• Can't believe the Chiefs are the only undefeated team in the NFL.

This is just weird. Granted, it's only week 4, but still!

Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                                Can't believe the Chiefs are the only undefeated team in the NFL.

This is just weird. Granted, it's only week 4, but still!
                                i hear ya man.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information