Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boosh! Just got him to sign a football I bought a few years ago at that fan day that the Chiefs had. Berry and Brian Waters were at Sprint HQ ("The Campus") today signing and stuff. They're both super nice.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• omgomgomgomogmogmg fapfapfapffpppfppappfpspfppfpa hi eric
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• hey guys. Just wanted some quick fantasy advice.
        I have

Peyton Hillis vs ATL
        Jahvid Best vs STL
        Ray Rice vs DEN
        Jamaal Charles vs IND
        Thomas Jones vs IND

I currently have
        Ray Rice and Peyton Hillis as my starting RB and Jahvid Best at the Flex.

However, it's killing me to see Charles and Jones BOTH on the bench especially when there playing Indianapolis and there awful run d.

Comment

• It's hard to change what you've got starting already.. but I'd put JC in over someone IF IT WERE ME.. because I'm a homer and I have a massive and quite unhealthy mancrush on Jamaal Charles. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
            It's hard to change what you've got starting already.. but I'd put JC in over someone IF IT WERE ME.. because I'm a homer and I have a massive and quite unhealthy mancrush on Jamaal Charles. :D
            I can't blame ya, the guy reminds me a lot of Chris Johnson, and I would have him as a lock to start if it wasn't for Todd Haley and his unhealthy mancrush on Thomas Jones :)

As of now, I'm leaning towards keeping Charles and Jones on the bench because I just don't know who's going to get more carries. They'll likely be playing catch up vs. the Colts so maybe.... just maybe Charles sees more targets in check downs, swing passes, dump offs etc..

I also haven't totally ruled out sitting Rice. The Ravens have shown commitment to passing and with all these new weapons, Rice will see a lot less targets in the pass game.

sorry to spam up your gameday thread :)

Comment

• My gut says Jones gets more carries but "The" Jamaal pops off at least one long run for a TD.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                hey guys. Just wanted some quick fantasy advice.
                I have

Peyton Hillis vs ATL
                Jahvid Best vs STL
                Ray Rice vs DEN
                Jamaal Charles vs IND
                Thomas Jones vs IND

I currently have
                Ray Rice and Peyton Hillis as my starting RB and Jahvid Best at the Flex.

However, it's killing me to see Charles and Jones BOTH on the bench especially when there playing Indianapolis and there awful run d.
                personally, I would switch JC to the Flex and let Best get healthy. Best will start, but they are working Smith into the lineup alot more with Best's bad toe. I too have Best on my Fantasy team and won't play him this week. Even though it's against the Rams, JC has a better matchup IMO.

Then again, I'm a homer as well.

Comment

• We're all homers around these parts! It's ok!

Comment

• So this game against Houston should be interesting. The Chiefs are going to have to work on the passing game in preparation because that seems to be the big weakness for the Texans' defense. They have the worst pass defense in the NFL. Bowe and Chambers need to show up this week.

The defense is also going to need to turn in another performance like this past week v. Indy. Somehow I don't think that's a stretch...

Comment

• Nah, it isn't a stretch. One game with a great defensive performance, okay.. two, maybe.. but five straight games with great defensive play? It's not a fluke, it's a trend, and I think it will continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                        So this game against Houston should be interesting. The Chiefs are going to have to work on the passing game in preparation because that seems to be the big weakness for the Texans' defense. They have the worst pass defense in the NFL. Bowe and Chambers need to show up this week.
                        So does the QB.

Comment

• PM me if interested in being the GM of your team in our forum mock!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43261

Comment

• Well, here it is some 26 hours after the loss to Houston. I've had some time to reflect and simmer down. I was quite upset at losing that game. We had them beat for 53 minutes. After reflecting on the game, I realized how heavily I am invested in this team. I am right back in the swing of fandom like I have been for my whole life. I remember, albeit barely, the loss in '90 to Miami. I remember, vividly, the run to the AFC Championship game in '93. The loss in '95 to Jim Harbaugh, the loss in '97 to John Elway and Terrell Davis, the loss in ;03 to Peyton in the No Punters Bowl and I was in attendance at the RCA Dome in 2006 when the Colts beat us. I remember each one of those heartbreaking losses. I remember how it felt as a kid. I cried in '93 when Joe Montana couldn't get a SB ring for us. I am fully invested as a Chiefs fan and I don't have a choice.

When the Chiefs began losing, it was surreal. I had never experienced what it was like to cheer for a team that had no chance of winning every year. I didn't like the feeling at all. I dreaded Sundays because I knew I was going to watch and it wasn't going to be pretty, but I watched anyway. When I would take buddies from out of town to the game, I would have to tell them, "This isn't what Arrowhead is really like." and then proceed to tell them about the glory days of yesteryear. But I went and watched because I am fully invested as a Chiefs fan and I don't have a choice.

In the last few years, the loses have become hard to cope with, I was becoming numb to losing. It was expected and it happened. I still yelled and screamed, but as the loses piled up, I became less and less upset. Finally, after last year, I quit yelling. I cheered at the good moments (that's hard to make plural), but it didn't hurt like it used to when we lost.

Now, after a hard loss to the Texans, I am fully reinvested as a Chiefs fan. This loss burned me. I was really upset that we let this game slip through our fingers. It feels like it always should have. Thank you Pioli, Haley, Crennel, Weis and the players for making loses hurt again. I hope you never let it get as bad as it was before you came to KC. I am a Chiefs fan and I am fully invested!

Just another Rabid Chiefs Fan!!!

Comment

• The Chiefs should of put away Houston early on, but they didn't. The Texans offense eventually woke up and honestly, they are currently the hardest offense in the league to stop when they are firing on all cylinders.

These last two weeks have shown the Chiefs have made progress, but still have a lot more to make if they want to be contenders.
                              Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

• King Carl, that was beautifully written. I read it twice and had to share it, so I sent it to my mom and a few other rabid Chiefs fans just like us.

And you're right. When losing stops being painful, something is wrong, and that loss DID hurt. It really did.

Just beautifully written. Can't say that enough. +rep forever for that.
                                Last edited by vidae; 10-18-2010, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information