This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Kansas City Chiefs General Discussion Thread

We used to have one of these threads and either its gone or I'm blind and can't find it so I made a new one for random Chiefs talk...

Can a mod sticky please?

First topic is...

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest

"San Diego free agent Mike Goff visited the Chiefs on Tuesday. The Chargers are not going to bring Goff back but he could start in Kansas City."

• TheMatriculator
    replied
    Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Come back a couple of months later and they are in the playoff hunt. For that matter, they hold the tie breaker on Denver. The Chiefs have the Ravens, Browns and Raiders. The Broncos have the Steelers, Bengals and Chargers.

Running the table is no given, but the Ravens have not played well this year and start a backup QB. Cleveland is in the hunt for 1st overall pick. Denver is also starting a backup against Pittsburgh 8-5 and Cincinnati 10-3. Picking up two games in the next two weeks is not out of the question, then game 17 and the tie breakers matter.

J
    A strange season no doubt. Even if they don't win the division, its still been an amazing (maybe bizarre would be a better word) year. I honestly thought they were dead when Jamaal went down and they lost to the Bears.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalBam View Post
    Not good looking at draft sites in the middle of October. Had high hopes this season.
    Come back a couple of months later and they are in the playoff hunt. For that matter, they hold the tie breaker on Denver. The Chiefs have the Ravens, Browns and Raiders. The Broncos have the Steelers, Bengals and Chargers.

Running the table is no given, but the Ravens have not played well this year and start a backup QB. Cleveland is in the hunt for 1st overall pick. Denver is also starting a backup against Pittsburgh 8-5 and Cincinnati 10-3. Picking up two games in the next two weeks is not out of the question, then game 17 and the tie breakers matter.

J

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBam
    replied
    Not good looking at draft sites in the middle of October. Had high hopes this season.

Leave a comment:

• TheMatriculator
    replied
    I'm trying to take a positive attitude, really I am. We knew the front end of the schedule was really hard (Broncos, Packers, Bengals in successive weeks). We knew the O-line was going to struggle with all the new faces (even before the injuries). We knew the secondary might have issues with the #1 CB on suspension. Still they have a chance to go 2-2 if they win this weekend. That's about the best that I could have reasonably expected before the season started. Hand me another glass of Kool-Aid.

Leave a comment:

• villagewarrior
    replied
    Is Jeff Allen healthy? He needs to be playing over Grubbs if he is. Zach Fulton last year was better than the Doctor has been this year. That switch needed to happen at halftime. The line is atrocious and needs to be priority number one to address come the offseason.

Additionally, and this is a small problem, but DAT is terrible. I'm ready to cut bait on that one. Can we get some receivers in town please? And get ready for post-Alex Smith life with a QBotf?

Leave a comment:

• villagewarrior
    replied
    I'm anxious for football season. Chiefs, KU (yes, KU), and college football in general. It's only been a few weeks since the draft but I already feel deprived. Plus, the growing annoyance at the Adrian Peterson and New England Patriots situations. Enough with it already!

Leave a comment:

• Splat
    replied
    Eric Berry is finally going to play this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• villagewarrior
    replied
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
    How bad would it be to let Albert go(which I think we will have too, we're pretty tight in the cap space) move Fisher over to the Left side and let Stephenson hold down at RT. I'm guessing we'll draft a guard in the first this year(per a lot of mocks) and let Asamoah walk too. Kinda worried about the age of the Offensive line.
    Eh I don't like guard in the first round. The Chiefs need a legit receiver, QB of the future, and to upgrade the defensive line and backs before investing another first round pick in the offensive line.

Leave a comment:

• Hermstheman83
    replied
    How bad would it be to let Albert go(which I think we will have too, we're pretty tight in the cap space) move Fisher over to the Left side and let Stephenson hold down at RT. I'm guessing we'll draft a guard in the first this year(per a lot of mocks) and let Asamoah walk too. Kinda worried about the age of the Offensive line.

Leave a comment:

• KaneMarko
    replied
    Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
    Pro Bowlers: Charles, Albert, Poe, Houston, Hali, McCluster, Flowers and Berry.

I think of that group Charles, McCluster, Poe and Berry are the most deserving. I thought McCluster really came into his own, the current regime did a much better job of scheming to his strengths than the last two did, while I thought using Berry in a Polamalu type role was excellent for him. Charles is a beast like we all knew, and Poe is just beginning to tap into his potential.

I understand Houston and Hali going with their numbers, but the majority of Houston's damage was done in two games against rookie tackles and he missed a lot of games with the elbow. I will say he defends the run better than Tamba, but the inconsistency with the pass rush is concerning. Hali was inconsistent as well, but I also think opposing teams got away with bear hugs on him all season long.

I don't get Albert or Flowers going. Both are good players at their positions, but I wouldn't call either performance Pro Bowl worthy. Especially Albert, as his injury proneness continues. Would still resign though.

Biggest travesty was DJ not getting to go. Never mind the interceptions and sacks (which he had plenty of), but he frequently was the guy knifing through traffic to blow up opposing ball carriers, often behind the line of scrimmage. The dude is as good of a linebacker the Chiefs have had in a long time, and I think it's a big disrespect towards him that he didn't get elected.
    I've always defended Branden Albert but I'm with you on that. Especially with his penchant for getting hurt. Seems like every few games or so he's always laying on the turf with some injury. It's great nothing has ever been "serious" to the point where he's missing an entire season or anything. But are we willing to give him a 6 year 60 million dollar contract? IDK. I'd be hesitant with that. Especially given where we are cap-wise and the fact that we just spent the #1 overall pick on LT and Donald Stephenson has shown some potential at OT.

But yeah, IDK how DJ doesn't make the pro-bowl. This may have been on of his strongest years as a pro. He seemed to be everywhere most of the year. I don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• KaneMarko
    replied
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
    I totally agree with you with all aspects. I think I'm always optimistic that the third string QB will develop....that being said, I'm still waiting for the Jags' to unleash the Stanzi..How did chase daniels look today? .
    Chase looked relatively good I thought. No one will mistake him for Manning or anything. But all things considered he showed well. He had a nice pass that was in the air for 40 yards to AJ Jenkins that looked pretty impressive. Overall I thought he threw the ball well and made some plays with his feet when he had to. Great signing for Reid/Dorsey. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a Mizzou guy :)

Leave a comment:

• TonyGfortheTD
    replied
    It's too bad he never got a ring, but I am glad that I no longer have to see him in a Falcons uniform.

It never felt right at all.

Leave a comment:

• villagewarrior
    replied
    Seeing TonyGfortheTD reminds me that Tony Gonzalez retired. Here's to 88, one of the greatest players of all time.

Leave a comment:

• TonyGfortheTD
    replied
    Well okay guys, it's time to discuss who is the next candidate to be the Head Coach.

What? We're not making a change? We're in the playoffs?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information