L.J.'s future?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.J.'s future?

What do the other Chiefs fans think about Larry, will he be released do you guys think, traded, or kept around? Forgive me if this is posted elsewhere, I am fairly new around here.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

I originally thought Pioli and Haley would keep him around. I thought Haley might ride Smith and Charles to the playoffs and keep LJ fresh and then set him off in the playoffs like they did with Edge.

The grievance makes me think KC will cut him if they win the grievance, though.

I don't see a trade happening no matter what. I can't see a team right now that would be interested in him.

Comment

I'm not sure I want him here anymore to be honest. Really tired of watching the lack of effort. He can still be a good player once we fix a few of the problems on our oline (which we started to do, with the drafting of Albert) but he doesn't seem like he cares. And it's a shame, because the talent is there and it looked like he'd fit really well into Haleys offense.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Yeah, I do not want him around anymore. He is more of a Raiders player than a Chiefs player, given his personal side of life.

I wonder if Jamaal Charles and Kolby Smith can stick it out themselves or do we need someone else? What do you guys think?

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

I was toying around with the idea of us picking a RB in the first.. trading back and maybe grabbing Wells or something. Or trading back, picking up a 2nd, and using that on a Donald Brown if he's there.

At this point though anything could happen.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I think it would be better for both sides to just move on be it a trade or cutting him.

Comment

ESPN NFL: Arbitrator rules Chiefs not obligated to pay RB Larry Johnson his guaranteed salary and bonuses.

Comment

I don't think the Chiefs winning the grievance means he's going to be cut outright. He's already served his suspension with the league and was still pretty effective when they fed him the ball in a non-moronic fashion. The ruling does help them if they get a decent offer for him in a trade, or if he blows his terms of probation.

Releasing him outright would hurt the team more than help as of now.
                Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

In a poll on Kansas City news Channel 9's website, there is a poll for Chiefs fan to choose whether to keep Larry or release him. As of 6:30 pm CT here are the results.

94% say release L.J.
                  6% say keep L.J.

Comment

I feel like the best move on both sides would be to let LJ go so both parties are able to get a fresh start. No sense in sticking together.

I had thought that picking up a Fred Taylor or a Deuce McAllister type to replace LJ and to be the power back while Kolby and Charles are the complimentary backs (a la what the Giants do) would be a good idea, but I'm pretty sure both guys are off the market by now.

Comment

Deuce McAllister is still a free agent.

Fred Taylor signed with the Patriots.

Comment

Well nothing has happened yet, you guys think it'll happen during the draft...or will he be a Chief in '09?

I know that now he is acting all innocent and willing to work...that's because he's getting threatened for his career basically and that money is going to go away if he doesn't step it up; not to mention the good weapons that are being added to K.C. over the past few months.

Comment

seriously though who is going to trade for him? A rb that is past his prime, and has took a beating in the running game, and has off field issues.

Teams are better off finding one in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                            seriously though who is going to trade for him? A rb that is past his prime, and has took a beating in the running game, and has off field issues.

Teams are better off finding one in the draft.
                            Ok, so will they release him or keep him as the starter in '09?

Comment

they will release him

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information