Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Chiefs, LB Thomas agree to deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Report: Chiefs, LB Thomas agree to deal

    ESPN.com news services

    The Kansas City Chiefs and seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker Zach Thomas have agreed to a contract, The Kansas City Star has reported.

    Thomas, 36, started 14 of 16 games for the Dallas Cowboys in 2008 during his 13th NFL season, recording 94 tackles, 65 of which came solo.

    Thomas rounds out a linebacker corps that includes four-year veteran Derrick Johnson and Mike Vrabel.

    The Chiefs acquired Vrabel from the New England Patriots in a February trade that brought quarterback Matt Cassel to Kansas City for a second-round draft pick.

    Thomas spent the first 12 years of his career with the Miami Dolphins, with whom he was named to his last Pro Bowl in 2006 before missing 11 games with migraine headaches resulting from an auto accident in 2007.

    Thomas made off-the-field news in March when he told The Dallas Morning News that his wife, Maritza, was handcuffed and spent about three hours in jail in July 2008 after Dallas police officer Robert Powell pulled her over for an illegal U-turn.

    Powell, who has resigned, stopped Houston Texans running back Ryan Moats last month for running a red light on his way to the hospital to see his dying mother-in-law. Powell detained Moats for more than 10 minutes, in which time his mother-in-law died.

    "We wanted to tell our story, not knowing how many others have been affected by Officer Powell," Thomas told the newspaper. "We know the vast majority of the Dallas police force are good and professional people, but this guy just seems excessive."


    Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

  • #2
    Veteran middle linebacker Zach Thomas signed a one-year, $2 million contract with the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. Thomas is projected to start at inside linebacker for Kansas City.


    Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

    Comment


    • #3
      I kinda feel like we're turning into the AARP of the NFL.
      hate him back, it works for me.

      Comment


      • #4
        if you go back to when Pioli first got to New England this is similair to what they did

        Comment


        • #5
          Look at New England, Seau, Bruschi, Vrabel...and they win Super Bowl's so I am not one to argue with Pioli at all. We've tried the young thing, and we saw how that worked out.


          Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
            Look at New England, Seau, Bruschi, Vrabel...and they win Super Bowl's so I am not one to argue with Pioli at all. We've tried the young thing, and we saw how that worked out.
            We tried it for what, a year? And even though we have signed a few "older veterans" we're still going to be one of the youngest teams in the NFL. I strongly believe in the youth movement and if we completely abandon that I'm not sure we'll be as good as we could be.

            Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
              We tried it for what, a year? And even though we have signed a few "older veterans" we're still going to be one of the youngest teams in the NFL. I strongly believe in the youth movement and if we completely abandon that I'm not sure we'll be as good as we could be.
              Oh I agree about being young, but I also think we were probably TOO young.

              At the same time we are adding all these veterans, we aren't getting rid of any young players.


              Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

              Comment


              • #8
                There was a rumor (that I haven't seen verified) that we released Will Franklin, who is young and who we drafted LAST YEAR. If we signed Engram and got rid of Franklin then that'd totally be the opposite of what we want.

                Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                  There was a rumor (that I haven't seen verified) that we released Will Franklin, who is young and who we drafted LAST YEAR. If we signed Engram and got rid of Franklin then that'd totally be the opposite of what we want.
                  I agree about Will Franklin. I thought he had big upside. At the same rate though, I did think they needed a better veteran WR to help along a Dwayne Bowe. I like the Engram signing, if used right that is.

                  I don't know how Jeff Webb and Devard Darling made it before Franklin did. This is my opinion but any other fans not impressed with Darling? I'm ready to part ways with him.


                  Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was never impressed with him. He was signed because he had ties to our old WR coach. Never liked him to begin with.

                    Oh well.

                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X

                    Debug Information