Tony G to Atlanta?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony G to Atlanta?

ESPN rumors has Tony G going to Atlanta for thier 2nd round pick. Makes a lot of sense for both sides when you read through it. I like the TE class in the draft this year and though we will never find another Tony G, we may as well sell high while we can still get some value. It will be interesting to see what comes of this.

2008 – 30th overall: Dustin Keller, New York Jets – 48-535-3
    2007 – 31st: Greg Olsen, Chicago – 54-574-5
    2006 – 28th: Marcedes Lewis, Jacksonville – 41-489-2
    2005 – 30th: Heath Miller, Pittsburgh – 48-514-3
    2004 – 32nd: Ben Watson, New England – 49-643-3
    2002 – 21st: Daniel Graham, New England – 38-409-4
    2002 – 28th: Jerramy Stevens, Seattle – 45-554-5
    2000 – 27th: Anthony Becht, New York Jets – 40-356-

those numbers may make teams think about dradfting a TE high when they could get a guy with about 4 years left in hiim for a cheaper price than a 1st.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Well, it would give Kansas the ammo they need to trade back up into the 1st and get Conner Barwin.... and all indications are that the Chiefs are in love with Barwin.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

I hope we (falcons) dont give up a 2nd for a player with 2 years left. It does make some sense though so I could see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
          I hope we dont give up a 2nd for a player with 2 years left.
          Why? Cause a 2nd round pick is such a sure thing?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
            I hope we (falcons) dont give up a 2nd for a player with 2 years left. It does make some sense though so I could see it happening.
            2 years? more like 4 pal!
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I would just prefer to have someone younger who can be with Ryan for the 7 years. By the team the falcons are capable of winning a super bowl then I'm afriad Tony will be on the decline. He's still a top TE no doubt about that.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                2 years? more like 4 pal!
                I'd be very surprised if he was still playing in 4 years.

Comment

It would be a move obviously for this year if Atlanta thinks they have a shot to compete. With White, Jenkins, Turner, and Tony G the offense would be nasty, but I know that the Falcons have let a lot of defensive players depart this year without filling the holes which leads to believe that they are planning to build through the draft.

I personally would love for us to get Chase Coffeman in the 3rd if this trade went though as I believe his game would translate well into the NFL. It's hard to say though what would happen with so many needs and trading Tony G only creates another one with no obvious replacment (unless you believe in Cottom).

Comment

Matt Ryan would have to drool over the possibility of Tony Gonzalez coming. Yeah he may not have many years left, but if you add him then you immediately help solidify the passing game and take pressure off of Rhoddy White.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

Eagles better jump on this.

Comment

Did we forget about Brad Cottam? Tony raved about this kid from day one. I think he can be a great player in our offense and mature with Cassel/Bowe.

I'd be pretty pissed if we trade Tony but whatever. It's a business. He'll always be a Chief to me though.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

If the Chiefs do trade Gonzo, I hope and pray the Chiefs are in a position to draft Jermaine Gresham next year. That dude is a stud and having Gresham and Cottam to line up in double tight would be great.

Comment

I would like Coffman and Cottam.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information