No announcement yet.

2009 Draft Day Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so livid right now it's not bad enough we traded TG but now we pass on the best player in the draft for this guy who does'nt even give us what we need and that's a pass rush

Comment

Horrible pick. Pioli has made some headscratchers since he's been here.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

He just filled our biggest need.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
          He just filled our biggest need.
          With a completely AVERAGE college player and a total reach at the place we were picking. You can get 5tech DEs in rounds 2 through 7. Picking one 3rd overall is just flat out stupid.

Anyone else would have been a better pick.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
            With a completely AVERAGE college player and a total reach at the place we were picking. You can get 5tech DEs in rounds 2 through 7. Picking one 3rd overall is just flat out stupid.

Anyone else would have been a better pick.
            AMEN!!!!(10 char)

Comment

I do have to agree that it was a reach. Tyson Jackson may prove me wrong, but I think he was a 9th-13th pick area range. You don't get top 5 picks often, unless your a select few teams...so you want to get an elite talent there. I feel like we didn't get an ELITE player with our pick.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

no other way to describe today other then letdown.all the buildup and all we got was that?

Comment

Jarron Gilbert is still on the board. I would have preferred him playing 5tech for us than Tyson Jackson too.

Extremely disappointing day. We got a player who could potentially be good, never great, but will most likely, at best, be solid.

People argue that Tyson Jackson will help our LBs make plays. What LBs? Zach Thomas and Vrabel?

Bleh. I really hope we have a good day two otherwise this could potentially set us back. At least the rest of the AFC West drafted like idiots too.

Comment

It's going to be this way watching Pioli draft. We will draft interior players early and often which is how you build a football team. It's not always sexy. I do think that our LB's will be better once our DLine gets better. I really liked Curry, but I wouldn't be suprised if Tyson Jackson doesn't add 3-5 sacks to Derrick Johnson's total this year just by keeping blockers off of him. I personally thought we would go OLine but I imagine I thought more of Monroe than the FO did. I was suprised we didn't do more moving around today though and it made for a rather boring day 1. Tomorrow will be interesting as I have to imagine there will be some moving around ecspecially to aquire more 2010 picks. I also wouldn't be shocked to see LJ moved tomorrow. Can't wait until the morning when we finally got to pick again.

Comment

If only Carl Peterson would have made a comeback only to make the first round pick and then quit again back to Pioli. lol I just wanted Curry, he is even a good guy. It was nice to see his emotions being drafted too...would have been so nice with Derrick Johnson.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
                        If only Carl Peterson would have made a comeback only to make the first round pick and then quit again back to Pioli. lol I just wanted Curry, he is even a good guy. It was nice to see his emotions being drafted too...would have been so nice with Derrick Johnson.
                        Agreed. Curry and Johnson is fun to think about, but I probably wouldn't have mattered if they were taking on guards and tackles all day long because Tamba Hali or Turk McBride couldn't contain one of the ends. It would have been similar to Houston years ago taking David Carr but not putting an OLine in front of him. Great talent, but no chance to succeed. If we can get these lines fixed we can start getting Curry type players down the road when they can make a difference.

Comment

Yeah, we should target LB again on day 2 though at least for depth. Shall be interesting to see what is up their plans for the second day.

Comment

Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
                            Yeah, we should target LB again on day 2 though at least for depth. Shall be interesting to see what is up their plans for the second day.

I'm actually hoping for Duke Robinson in round 3. Actually, I'm hoping we move down because there is a lot of talent left but Robinson seems to be a great value at 3 though it would probably signal the end of Brian Waters for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
                              I'm actually hoping for Duke Robinson in round 3. Actually, I'm hoping we move down because there is a lot of talent left but Robinson seems to be a great value at 3 though it would probably signal the end of Brian Waters for us.
                              I have to say that I expect Brian Waters to be gone, they keep repeating they want players who WANT to be Kansas City Chiefs and it's obvious that Waters doesn't want to.

Comment

I agree. Sad but probably the best thing to do right now. Wish we would have delt him a year ago when he had some real value.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information