2009 Draft Day Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nepg View Post
    They got a stud DE, a guy who will play DE for them when they switch to a 3-4, and a bunch of back-ups. Considering their starters are pretty-well set, it wasn't terrible. Only real problem I have with it is they drafted some random K when Graham Gano went undrafted...

Tyson Jackson is being very underrated as a 4-3 DE. He can do it all...could be a Mario Williams-type of talent for the Chiefs on the strong side in Pendergast's scheme.

Also, a lot of the guys already on the roster are being overlooked (Barry Richardson). And they've still got a lot of off-season to work with.

Pioli is more of a free agency guy. He does a great job maneuvering and getting 3-4 guys out of each draft, but his real skill is getting quality free agents on the cheap.
    I'm curious why you think Tyson Jackson could be a Mario Williams type DE in the 4-3 when he hasn't shown that he can be a consistent pass rusher period? I'm not saying you're wrong, but what exactly are you seeing that I'm not? He doesn't seem to be a good pass rusher at all. He could be an excellent run stuffer, he could pressure the QB, he can take on blockers for our LBs to make plays, but I really doubt he will ever be anything near Mario Williams.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

according to Alex Magee he was set to become a Bear had KC not taken him

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
        according to Alex Magee he was set to become a Bear had KC not taken him

I head that too. In most of the post draft grades the Bears where celebrated with the Gilbert selecton and the Magee selection was frowned upon. I guess you never know how the draft truely shakes out.

Comment

I don't think we need the draft threads to be pinned up top any more. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
            I don't think we need the draft threads to be pinned up top any more. :)
            I actually just thought about that myself yesterday. lol

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

I was out of town in Vegas/Anaheim. Your wish is my command.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Hope you had a good time!

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information