Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a Foot?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

"Profootballtalk.com is reporting the Pittsburgh Steeelers will cut linebacker Larry Foote in a move that will save the defending Super Bowl champs $2.885 million in 2009 salary space. The report quotes and unnamed NFL source."
    Last edited by Splat; 04-28-2009, 02:28 PM.

Would you be mad if I said Kendrall Bell has made me skeptical of any former Steelers linebackers going forward?

Comment

Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
      Would you be mad if I said Kendrall Bell has made me skeptical of any former Steelers linebackers going forward?
      I would not be mad at all but this is some what different this would be taking a 3-4 LB and having him play 3-4 not forcing him to play 4-3.

Comment

Would Bell have been better if had run a 3-4 defense at the time? I still insist that Mitchell and Bell should have been switched. Anyways, Foote would be coming into the same defensive scheme, so I would give him a shot, although I'd rather take a look at Leroy Hill.

Also, if Levi Jones becomes available, I would try to sign him to a 2-3 year deal, solves a lot of problems on the o-line immediately.

Comment

I was saying that tounge in cheek as yes Bell would have performed better in a 3-4.

I do also agree village with the Levi Jones idea. I know his injury history is scary, but he would provide an immediate upgrade at RT and gives us a couple of years to groom some young guys. I would feel much better if that would transpire.

Comment

Ya, it's a bit different going from a 3-4 to a pseudo 3-4 (what Foote would be doing) than it is going from a 3-4 to a 4-3 (Bell). I like the idea of it. Foote would likely rotate with Thomas and DJ at MLB and OLB.

Comment

Sounds like he wants to play for Det which is his home town.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...+to+join+Lions

Comment

I saw that earlier today and wondered if K.C. would pursue.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                  Sounds like he wants to play for Det which is his home town.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...+to+join+Lions
                  Can't argue with him. The Lions may have a better offense then us if any of their young guns come through.

Comment

Foote will go where he's paid the most. But I'm with you guys. We need one more LB. Isn't Derrick Brooks still unsigned? I know he's old, but that should allow him to fit in with Vrabel and Thomas :)
                    Pioli Will Lead, I Will Follow!

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefLee View Post
                      Foote will go where he's paid the most. But I'm with you guys. We need one more LB. Isn't Derrick Brooks still unsigned? I know he's old, but that should allow him to fit in with Vrabel and Thomas :)
                      Intriguing, but I don't think Brooks is the answer in the 3-4. He is a very cover 2 linebacker, meaning he is a little undersized, and if his speed has diminished at all he would become a huge liability.

Comment

He is an official free agent. I don't see how the Chiefs couldn't at least LOOK into the possibility of signing him.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

LB Foote says he's close to 1-year deal with Lions

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information