Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Arby's Minicamp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2009 Arby's Minicamp?

    I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything or what everyone else thinks, if there will be another Arby's minicamp this year open to the public at Arrowhead. I went the past 3-4 years, but with the new era in town, I'm not so sure they will do this again.


    Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

  • #2
    I really hope they do. The last few years were a LOT of fun. I love getting out to Arrowhead when it's not too cold and not too hot, though last year I was dumb and didn't take sunscreen.. so if you go, and you burn easily, don't forget it!

    Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

    Comment


    • #3
      It IS fun, and most of all it's FREE even. lol I just hope that Pioli will continue the trend. A good chance to get to see all of the new rookies too at this event.


      Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
        It IS fun, and most of all it's FREE even. lol I just hope that Pioli will continue the trend. A good chance to get to see all of the new rookies too at this event.
        Yeah, it's a blasty blast. I had a great time last year.

        Word of advice: Don't sit at the end zones! Sit at the 50 yard line, unless you'd like to just hang with your group/whatever. Sat at one of the endzones with some family last year and we couldn't see anything at the other side. Kinda sucked. :)

        Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

        Comment


        • #5
          What do you mean by Arby's? Like legit Arby's food?
          | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
            What do you mean by Arby's? Like legit Arby's food?
            Arby's sponsors this day. It's a fan day at Arrowhead. Grab a ticket from any participating Arby's (not yet, when they're available, IF they're available under this new regime) and head up to Arrowhead. Parking and admission are free and you can watch the team go through some drills, get some practice in, and at the end they break off into groups and sign stuff for the fans. I got a football signed by Waters and McIntosh (I was sitting near where the offensive lineman broke up) but they don't stand out there forever.

            My advice, be respectful when asking for an autograph and you're more inclined to get it. Also a "thank you" afterwards doesn't hurt. Some people were throwing stuff at the players and being kind of rude, not even saying thank you, etc.

            It's a lot of fun and it's free. I can't remember if they had concession stuff open, but I'm pretty sure they did.

            Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
              Arby's sponsors this day. It's a fan day at Arrowhead. Grab a ticket from any participating Arby's (not yet, when they're available, IF they're available under this new regime) and head up to Arrowhead. Parking and admission are free and you can watch the team go through some drills, get some practice in, and at the end they break off into groups and sign stuff for the fans. I got a football signed by Waters and McIntosh (I was sitting near where the offensive lineman broke up) but they don't stand out there forever.

              My advice, be respectful when asking for an autograph and you're more inclined to get it. Also a "thank you" afterwards doesn't hurt. Some people were throwing stuff at the players and being kind of rude, not even saying thank you, etc.

              It's a lot of fun and it's free. I can't remember if they had concession stuff open, but I'm pretty sure they did.
              Yeah concessions are open during it...and over the past few years at the end of the practice I went around with a Chiefs hat and tried to get as many signatures as possible. I think I have Larry Johnson, Ty Law, Jared Allen, Tamba Hali, Greg Wesley, and maybe 1-2 other guys.


              Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

              Comment


              • #8
                Has any one heard any thing yet I have went the last three years and would like to go this year as well?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've been looking but I haven't seen anything yet. There is an Arbys a block from my house so I'll take a ride up there and see if there is anything going on.

                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                    I've been looking but I haven't seen anything yet. There is an Arbys a block from my house so I'll take a ride up there and see if there is anything going on.
                    It would have been announced by now I am sure. Looks like we are out.


                    Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X

                    Debug Information