Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs Cuts

Chiefs chop eight

"Gone are fullback Jed Collins, cornerback Travis Daniels, cornerback Londen Fryar, center Eric Ghiaciuc, tackle Damion McIntosh, linebacker Corey Smith, tackle Herb Taylor, and guard Tavares Washington."

I'm kinda suprised by the D-Mac cut I know he has looked pretty bad in preseason but its not like they have much behind him.

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
    Chiefs chop eight

"Gone are fullback Jed Collins, cornerback Travis Daniels, cornerback Londen Fryar, center Eric Ghiaciuc, tackle Damion McIntosh, linebacker Corey Smith, tackle Herb Taylor, and guard Tavares Washington."

I'm kinda suprised by the D-Mac cut I know he has looked pretty bad in preseason but its not like they have much behind him.

i agree, DMac nor the other guys stepped up last night tho, so i'm sure Pioli will be active with other teams cuts looking for help.

Comment

Yeah I know we will be making some offensive line pickups...

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

I'm sure we will to but I'm not sure it will be an upgrade I think it is just to late to upgrade the line.

Comment

anyone not name McIntosh or Richardson has to be an upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
            anyone not name McIntosh or Richardson has to be an upgrade
            agreed.

those two sucked bigtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
              I'm sure we will to but I'm not sure it will be an upgrade I think it is just to late to upgrade the line.
              I understand that we don't have the depth now, and that there may not be future options out in free agents...however for the time being I would much rather take my chances on some free agents or someone else than what we have had. They looked absolute horrible, and at least if we try to bring in someone else then we are doing something different and not just content with someone who will allow 40 sacks a game.

If we pick up some people or try someone new, maybe they will turn out to be good for all we know.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

I am not holding my breath as of now with D-Mac gone that means Barry Richardson is the starter thats is not any better.

I mean sure we could luck out and find a player out in FA but teams don't cut good OT's this late very often.

I don't want you to get me wrong I'm as down on D-Mac as the rest of you I'm just saying we are still in big trouble on the OL.

Comment

I could not disagree with you more. I think Richardson is a GIGANTIC upgrade. He started what, one preseason game and you're ready to write him off? He didn't look horrible last year. I would take NO ONE starting at RT over Damion McIntosh.. at least then the QB could expect the rusher being unblocked instead of having some shred of hope that McIntosh could get his fat ass in front of a defender at least once a game.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Barry Richardson has been getting beat vs back ups all preseason so I don't see how any one can think he will do better as a starter?

Comment

According to the live blog at KC Chiefs.com

Released...

CB Jackie Bates
                      TE Tom Crabree
                      DE Dion Gales
                      DE Bobby Greenwood
                      G Darryl Harris
                      WR Taurus Johnson
                      WR Ashley Lelie
                      DT Derek Lokey
                      S Bernard Pollard
                      S Ricky Price
                      LB Zach Thomas
                      RB Javarris Williams
                      WR Rodney Wright

Placed on IR...

G Colin Brown

Comment

I'm really surprised Pollard was flat out cut instead of demoted to a backup/special teams role. I guess Page and Morgan will be starting for us this year. Morgan was talented, more talented than Pollard perhaps, but it's still a weird move. Wasn't Morgan more of a FS than a SS?

Comment

It will probably be Mike Brown for as long as he's healthy. good player. I like Pollard too, he can't be any worse than Clinton Hart.

Comment

Pollard is suprising but I hear the staff loves Brown. Leslie was a little suprising too given our recievers haven't shown a lot of speed. I have heard he isn't exactly the hardest worker though and if true that would not fit with this staff. Zach Thomas is a little suprising given he was one of our "big" signings this offseason, but I imagine his career is likely over now. It's amazing what Pioli thought of the last few draft classes of Peterson though as guys are getting chopped one after another.

Comment

Well the main one there is Bernard Pollard, I was surprised to see that...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information