No announcement yet.

Week 1: Chiefs vs. Ravens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our D did some good things but to say they played "great" is a little much I think they should be middle of the pack but to say they will be fighting for a playoff spot is a little much.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
      Our D did some good things but to say they played "great" is a little much I think they should be middle of the pack but to say they will be fighting for a playoff spot is a little much.

Great might be a little much, but the fact that our offense coulnd't stay on the field really hurt the D. I thought they played well given the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
        Middle of the pack is fighting for a playoff spot.

I've had them going 4-2 in their division since before training camp, and winning 4+ games out of their remaining schedule isn't beyond comprehension. I have them as a 7-win team at worst, but am predicting a 9-7 effort. From what we saw Sunday, and what I think will happen with the OL, that might be underselling what this team is capable of this year.
        Last edited by nepg; 09-14-2009, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
          Middle of the pack is fighting for a playoff spot.

I've had them going 4-2 in their division since before training camp, and winning 4+ games out of their remaining schedule isn't beyond comprehension. I have them as a 7-win team at worst, but am predicting a 9-7 effort. From what we saw Sunday, and what I think will happen with the OL, that might be underselling what this team is capable of this year.
          I meant middle of the pack in D I don't see two teams from our Div going to the playoffs and I don't see any won winning the Div other then SD.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
            I am livid at the Ravens. Instead of taking the FG, which pretty much guarantees a victory as well with as much time on the clock and us having no TOs.. they go for the TD? On 4th down? If they don't make it, we have 35 seconds and we're only down by 7.

That just screams classless to me. Running up the score for the sake of it is stupid when a FG accomplishes the same thing and is a lot less risky.
            Vidae we weren't trying to run the score up, we have basically a rookie kicker and he had already missed 1 FG and got booed off the field. His confidence was shaky and we didn't need to give him an oppurtunity to be run out of town in week 1 (even though if you listen to the radio thats basically happening today). We ran it because if you stopped us you would have had to go 99 yards on our defense, and if you couldn't stop us it was game over. Could we have just kicked the FG yes but if he misses that then his confidence is completely gone. I don't think it was classless as much as it was a decision to protect our kicker mentally.
            HALL OF FAMER!
            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
              Vidae we weren't trying to run the score up, we have basically a rookie kicker and he had already missed 1 FG and got booed off the field. His confidence was shaky and we didn't need to give him an oppurtunity to be run out of town in week 1 (even though if you listen to the radio thats basically happening today). We ran it because if you stopped us you would have had to go 99 yards on our defense, and if you couldn't stop us it was game over. Could we have just kicked the FG yes but if he misses that then his confidence is completely gone. I don't think it was classless as much as it was a decision to protect our kicker mentally.
              Yeah, I don't completely disagree with you, but you have to remember that my post was sort of in the heat of the moment. I still think you kick the FG and move on because it's essentially a chip shot and if your kicker misses that, he shouldn't be on the team anyway!

I'm not nearly as pissed as I was then. It was just frustration at having come so close and still losing. Losing 24 out of 26 will do that to you. Take no offense and forgive this particular Chiefs fan for that whining rant. :P

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                Yeah, I don't completely disagree with you, but you have to remember that my post was sort of in the heat of the moment. I still think you kick the FG and move on because it's essentially a chip shot and if your kicker misses that, he shouldn't be on the team anyway!

I'm not nearly as pissed as I was then. It was just frustration at having come so close and still losing. Losing 24 out of 26 will do that to you. Take no offense and forgive this particular Chiefs fan for that whining rant. :P
                I understand man, I was talking to a friend of mine after the game and we were remembering how last year the same kind of late losses happened to you guys alot. And I kept sayin man, as much as it sucks to lose late to me thats a good thing, it means that you are very close to being a winning team. All it will take is to win a couple of those games late and the whole culture turns back around.

I think you guys will be fine this year, murderers row schedule to start the season doesn't help but it should toughen you guys up and bring your team together right away.
                HALL OF FAMER!
                PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

They went for the TD because if they didn't get it, the Chiefs would have the ball at their own 1-half yard line. They're also giving the Chiefs a chance to not have any points go up on the board if they can stop the run. The Patriots do the same thing. It's more of a respect thing than a disrespect thing. Gives the other team a chance to keep the score what it should be (31-24 in the case of KC-Balt) if their defense really wants it.

The Chiefs were still playing at that point (Haley used the time out), so why should the Ravens lay down?
                  Last edited by nepg; 09-15-2009, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information