Sammy Knight Cut?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
    Speaking of trades, is there any new News on where Trent will be going? A 5th for wesley and a 6th for Trent...we need all the picks we can get.
    We are getting a 7th from Miami it appears, that and the pick is New England's from the Wes Walker deal so it's at the end of the draft. That and I have a hard time believing anyone would give up a 5th for Wesley. He might net us a 7th, but will probably be cut outright. I would think we would have a better chance of getting a pick out of Sims than Wesley. Whatever we get helps though.

Comment

I don't understand why Wesley wouldn't get a higher pick, he's a consistent football player and a playmaker, for the most part he doesn't miss many games and he's a big, physical safety. A 3rd or a 4th sounds reasonable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
        I don't understand why Wesley wouldn't get a higher pick, he's a consistent football player and a playmaker, for the most part he doesn't miss many games and he's a big, physical safety. A 3rd or a 4th sounds reasonable to me.
        The way I think about it though is how would we feel if Peterson gave up a third or forth of ours (assuming we had one) for Wesley. He's over 30 and has been inconsistant for his entire career. There is really no upside with him and at his current level he is serviceable but not an all pro. I have always liked the guy but really, he hasn't been much more than average safety and teams know that if they don't trade for him he will probably be released and they can sign him from there. I hope I'm wrong and we get some value, but I just don't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
          The way I think about it though is how would we feel if Peterson gave up a third or forth of ours (assuming we had one) for Wesley. He's over 30 and has been inconsistant for his entire career. There is really no upside with him and at his current level he is serviceable but not an all pro. I have always liked the guy but really, he hasn't been much more than average safety and teams know that if they don't trade for him he will probably be released and they can sign him from there. I hope I'm wrong and we get some value, but I just don't see it happening.
          Actually, Wesley just turned 29 a few days ago, and I disagree with the consistency thing.

2000 - 16 games, 87 tackles, 2 ints.
          2001 - 16 games, 84 tackles, 2 ints.
          2002 - 13 games, 64 tackles, 6 ints.
          2003 - 16 games, 104 tackles, 6 ints.
          2004 - 12 games, 66 tackles, 4 ints.
          2005 - 16 games, 82 tackles, 6 ints.
          2006 - 14 games, 67 tackles, 3 ints.

Since he came into the league he has only missed 9 games, if he plays in a whole season he will get 80+ tackles and is consistently hovering around 5 interceptions per season. And he's played for what? 3 different defensive coordinators and 4 or 5 different defensive schemes? And his production remains the same? Definetely worth a 3rd round pick in my mind.

Comment

I'd love if we got a 4th rounder for him.
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
              Actually, Wesley just turned 29 a few days ago, and I disagree with the consistency thing.

2000 - 16 games, 87 tackles, 2 ints.
              2001 - 16 games, 84 tackles, 2 ints.
              2002 - 13 games, 64 tackles, 6 ints.
              2003 - 16 games, 104 tackles, 6 ints.
              2004 - 12 games, 66 tackles, 4 ints.
              2005 - 16 games, 82 tackles, 6 ints.
              2006 - 14 games, 67 tackles, 3 ints.

Since he came into the league he has only missed 9 games, if he plays in a whole season he will get 80+ tackles and is consistently hovering around 5 interceptions per season. And he's played for what? 3 different defensive coordinators and 4 or 5 different defensive schemes? And his production remains the same? Definetely worth a 3rd round pick in my mind.
              Good points village. Without looking at the stats it just seems that he sometimes has long stretches in which he just disappears. I still don't think though that I would be willing to give up more than a late rounder for him. We'll see what the market brings. I would love to get that 4th rounder we gave up for Bennet back.

Comment

wesley shows up for a couple of games and then disappears like u said above.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information