Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meachem to visit!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Meachem to visit!

    Chiefs | Meachem to visit
    Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:44:48 -0700

    KFFL has learned the Kansas City Chiefs will meet with Tennessee WR Robert Meachem April 17


    JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!

  • #2
    freaking awesome!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Good stuff, I'd still prefer Jarrett though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
        Good stuff, I'd still prefer Jarrett though.

        I'm wondering if Tennesee might not take him to give VY a target plus reunite him with Chow

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
          I'm wondering if Tennesee might not take him to give VY a target plus reunite him with Chow
          I think the chance is just as good that they'd take Meachem as he goes to Tennessee and is currently rated higher by many.
          Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

          Comment


          • #6
            I think they'd pick Jarrett over Meachem. Are they equal? Probably in terms of being prospects. But Jarrett brings to the table some name recognition...which pays dividends to CP when people buy his jersey(which I probably would)
            hate him back, it works for me.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
              I think they'd pick Jarrett over Meachem. Are they equal? Probably in terms of being prospects. But Jarrett brings to the table some name recognition...which pays dividends to CP when people buy his jersey(which I probably would)

              I would perfer Meachem just for the fact the he brings the element of speed with him which we could defenitly use. That said if Jarret ends up being the pick I could live with that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Speed? We got speed with Parker and Hall. I think with the huge amount of production Jarret had in College, he's a much better prospect that Meachem.
                hate him back, it works for me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
                  Speed? We got speed with Parker and Hall. I think with the huge amount of production Jarret had in College, he's a much better prospect that Meachem.
                  I'm not arguing with your, but Parker should be a slot guy and I'll be suprised if Hall is still with us. We need someone the defenses can respect going deep and Meachem would bring that element. That said Jeff Webb might be the guy and if the front office feels that is the case then Jarret makes sense. For the short term Jarret appears to be a carbon copy of Eddie Kennison.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    He would be a pretty good addition to the Chiefs offense


                    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
                      I'm not arguing with your, but Parker should be a slot guy and I'll be suprised if Hall is still with us. We need someone the defenses can respect going deep and Meachem would bring that element. That said Jeff Webb might be the guy and if the front office feels that is the case then Jarret makes sense. For the short term Jarret appears to be a carbon copy of Eddie Kennison.
                      I could not disagree with that statement more. Jarrett is much larger and much slower than EK, Kennison until recently was one of the faster receivers in the league and no one will ever be able to say that about Jarrett. What Jarrett brings to the table is a guy who can go up and get the ball and come down with it. He's not going to stretch the field, but he will be a Cris Carter type, always catching touchdown and first down passes. And those are important too, right?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                        I could not disagree with that statement more. Jarrett is much larger and much slower than EK, Kennison until recently was one of the faster receivers in the league and no one will ever be able to say that about Jarrett. What Jarrett brings to the table is a guy who can go up and get the ball and come down with it. He's not going to stretch the field, but he will be a Cris Carter type, always catching touchdown and first down passes. And those are important too, right?
                        My comparison is of the Eddie Kennison now. They are pretty much just the same player at this point of their carrers. They provide a nice value, but two players of the same quality might not be the best direction we can go this season, though if we draft Jarret it wouldn't suprise me if Kennison is cut.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Meachem is visiting like 7 Teams and one is the vikings.



                          Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
                            My comparison is of the Eddie Kennison now. They are pretty much just the same player at this point of their carrers. They provide a nice value, but two players of the same quality might not be the best direction we can go this season, though if we draft Jarret it wouldn't suprise me if Kennison is cut.
                            Cut Kennison? Nah, He'll be with us for another year. I also think that Meachem's stock is rising pretty fast and the VIkes' might pick him up(Although,I think they should trade down for more picks, but what do I know). Jarrett fits Herm's idea of an offense to a T, so if we go after a WR, it'll be Jarrett.
                            hate him back, it works for me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I still don't see a comparison between Jarrett-Kennison, Jarrett has a ton of size and leaping ability that Kennison lacks. And the only way I foresee Kennison being cut is if the Chiefs take 2 receivers on day 1.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information