No announcement yet.

OT: Royals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem I have with the Royals is that they should be following the Tampa Rays model, but because they are in a crappy division, they tricked themselves into being the Milwaukee Brewers.

They were doing fairly decent in the standings and made a horrible decision to appease the fans by bringing up Hosmer and Duffy. That decision cost them millions, and they were never going to compete... They just got their one hot streak at the beginning of the season.

Comment

June 1st Moose needs to be called up.we're playing ourselves out of it so might as well start bringing some more of the young guys up and get their feet wet

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
        The problem I have with the Royals is that they should be following the Tampa Rays model, but because they are in a crappy division, they tricked themselves into being the Milwaukee Brewers.

They were doing fairly decent in the standings and made a horrible decision to appease the fans by bringing up Hosmer and Duffy. That decision cost them millions, and they were never going to compete... They just got their one hot streak at the beginning of the season.
        i don't see it that way. i agree that i didn't believe they were going to be a contender for the whole season, but they didn't call Hosmer up to appease the fans. they believed they were going to contend and they were getting 0 production out of 1st base. Kila was a failure at the major league level and everyone saw it. they had to replace him anyway. it did cost them millions, but i don't give a **** about how much it cost David Glass! the Glass family has been stealing millions from MLB and the Royals fans since they bought the team. Hosmer deserved the call up and they had an opening at 1st base. might as well let the kid come up and get his MLB education a little ahead of schedule.

Duffy was the only pitcher at AAA that had earned a call up and it was due to an injury. it wasn't like they brought him up for no reason. again, i don't care about how much it costs. i'm tired of being cheap and waiting til next year. eventually, next year has to be this year. plus, it isn't like these kids are going to come up and instantly rake. they're going to struggle a bit in the beginning. at least with a few of them, that learning curve is starting now rather than later.

Comment

great job by Dayton Moore and the KC Royals. they did the right thing and drafted Bubba Starling @ #5. drafting a college pitcher would have been the easy thing to do being closer to the big leagues and being a pitcher would have been the easy thing for Dayton to do to help protect his job. instead, they draft the super upside 5 tool CF high schooler from a KC area HS. Bubba is a risk because he has a scholarship from NU to play QB. IMO, the Royals have the best chance of signing him because he is a local kid and his family is a big part of his life. plus, the Royals have been willing to sign a player for more than slot in the past. this is a great step to keep the minor leagues full of good talented players for years to come.

Comment

So I'm thinking the Royals should take advantage of some bad teams that need to shed payroll... This is their opportunity to get some starting pitching for next year.

The Dodgers and Astros are both needing to dump payroll and have some solid starting pitching that the Royals could potential nab on the cheap.

There's also teams with good prospects like the Pirates who are desperate to continue their run and could use a guy like Melky Cabrera to keep their playoff hopes alive.

Dayton Moore better be highly active this week...

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information