Story on Chiefs draft plans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USAF Chief View Post
    If we want Blalock I think we can trade down a bit, but no lower than Baltimore, who it seems in a lot of mocks are looking at OL heavily and favor Blalock.

If we traded back into the second though I think we could pick up Kalil and maybe Eric Wright @ cornerback or Ramirez to play RG and then grab a WR or corner in R3.

If we grabbed Kalil (who is supposedly one of the best technique players at OL this draft and based on my observations does very well with basic blocking concepts and has good skill) we could cut Weigmann and have a new tandem start at RG/OC to go with our solid LG and new tackles.

I think if we are going to shore up our OL we need to do it in one fell swoop so that they can start being coached up and learn to play together because I think the consistency over the years is what made the KC line so dominant back in the DV era.

Whoah...CUT Weigmann? What's wrong with you?
    hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

I thought Weigmann was considering retiring

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
        I thought Weigmann was considering retiring

Sounds like he is not. The article below says he wants to play three or four more years.

http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/73134.html

Comment

Notice how the Chiefs' two best skilled players on offense, and you could easily make a case for overall, are Tony Gonzalez and Larry Johnson. Both were 1st Round picks by the Chiefs, in 1997 and 2003 respectively.

Hmm.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF Chief View Post
            Mark my words - R1 will be defense, whether it is a CB or a DT and I don't think we take a WR until at least R3 (can we pick up Jason Hill in R3 or will he be gone by then?) Another late round prospect Im loving right now is Jacoby Jones out of Lane - serious talent, great measurables and he won't cost us much because of the smaller school stigma.

I'd love to see a Darrell Revis or the CB from Texas in the first. We can use them immediately in the nickel and then eventually move them to a corner spot much how the Texans used that CB they drafted in 05 (name escapes me)

I don't see a tradedown happening UNLESS someone of real value starts to slip (ie Quinn, Brown, Okoye, Carriker, etc...)

Out.
            I think you are absolutely right. I'm almost certain our first pick will be a defensive player. I don't think it will be a corner. I'll have to double check but I don't think Herm has ever drafted a corner in the first round. Off the top of the dome, the highest he's gone was Justin Miller a few years ago in the second round (I'll have to double check that though). So I don't think I see the Chiefs going corner in the 1st. Although I do like Revis and Houston.

I'm still hoping that Meachem makes it to our pick and we take him. But I just don't get the feeling the Chiefs are looking to go offense in the 1st. I can't really explain it but I have this feeling that our 1st pick is going to be a defensive lineman. One from the SEC.

Comment

Drafting a CB is definately a need, but I think DT will have more of an effect. I got a question for you guys: With the FA acquisitions we've made, is the KC defense a top ten defense now?

Comment

Also, I see one guy taking a WR(Dwayne Bowe) and the reasoning is that he is big and is the best Run Blocking WR in the draft....I can also see that. But I don't know about the Bowe guy....

Comment

Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
                  Also, I see one guy taking a WR(Dwayne Bowe) and the reasoning is that he is big and is the best Run Blocking WR in the draft....I can also see that. But I don't know about the Bowe guy....

That is defenitly something to keep in mind as we are drafting. Our WR's are not necessarily great run blockers in it probably was part of the reason LJ didn't break off as many big runs last year as his skills would suggest. One guy I'm looking at in the later rounds is Julius Wilson from UAB. He is a project, but is a very good run blocker and might be just what we need when looking for value on day 2.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information