Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh man one more pick before we might get Quinn

Comment

Dwayne Bowe is a great pick.He has size. speed and hands and is a good blocker in the running game

Comment

Stupid Pick Herm

Comment

So far it's been suprising but ok. Bowe is very solid and fits what we are trying to do on offense. I also think that he is going to be a receiver who should be able to help out immediatley. McBride was a little bit of a suprise to me but he definitely potential. The thing I like about the guy is that he appears to love playing football and that is a great trait. It's funny though that the two guys I thought we were getting in Quinn and Wright were both grabbed by Cleveland trading up right in front of us. I would have loved to be in the draft room today.

Comment

Tyler was defenitly a suprise. That said we should be replenished on our DLine now and can hopefully find some jewels at CB and OL tomorrow. Ryan Sims was already projected to be cut, but he might as well have his locker cleaned out now. I'm hoping that we can get a deal done tonight to get back into the forth round because there are some nice DB's left for early in day 2.

Comment

Tyler if he can stop beating cops up could be a steal

Comment

I wonder if the two picks for DLine today means that KC is conceding that Allen is not going to be back after next season. I sure hope not but I think it's a possibility.

Comment

not bad, but we still need o-line help.
                  Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
                    not bad, but we still need o-line help.

Yeah. I'm going to trust that Peterson and Solari can make something happen here. No matter what happened today we were still going to have holes to fill. It wasn't flashy but I'm trusting that Herm is getting the guys that will make a difference.

Comment

I know I trust herm. I have it in my profile that i believe Bowe will be a bust, but I wasn't mad when we made the pick because I trust herms decisions and hopes he proves me wrong. We don't have quality starters or depth on the o-line which is the problem.
                      Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

Some oline
                        move Trent for a 4/5 rounder.
                        get a CB/OT or OG another WR
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I imagine we will take a RB and a Saftey at some point tomorrow. We might even take a QB like Jordan Palmer. We really need to trade Green tomorrow.

Comment

So my question is where will Green Go? I mean, Miami has already taken a QB in the second round. Does he still go to the Phins' as a stop-gap solution? I think a few nods will go to Lineman
                            hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
                              So my question is where will Green Go? I mean, Miami has already taken a QB in the second round. Does he still go to the Phins' as a stop-gap solution? I think a few nods will go to Lineman
                              I doubt they start Beck in week 1. I would have been nervous if they grabbed Quinn, but now I think they have to get a vetren unless they feel Culpepper can come back at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
                                I know I trust herm. I have it in my profile that i believe Bowe will be a bust, but I wasn't mad when we made the pick because I trust herms decisions and hopes he proves me wrong. We don't have quality starters or depth on the o-line which is the problem.
                                I don't know what to think about Bowe, he seems like a nice pickup, exactly what we need for the pick. I looked through the draft history of Herm's drafts as a head coach(2000-2006), and it looks like he has drafted 6 WR's(I'm omitting this draft for obvious reasons). They are as follows:
                                Lavernues Coles 2000-R3#78+
                                Windrell Hayes 2000-R5#153-
                                Santana Moss 2001- R1#16+
                                Jericho Cotchery 2004-R4#108+
                                Harry Williams 2005-R7#240-
                                Jeff Webb 2006-R6#190+

Now, I'm basing my success rating due to their names, I have no clue who Windrell Hayes or Harry Williams are, so I will consider them "negative" picks. So, out of the six picks he has made at the Wide Reciever Position, he has a 4/6 success rate, or ~67%. Granted, this is pure speculation, my bio teachers would carve me a new asshole for that previous analysis, because there are alot of other variables involved in that obviously, I just figured I'd throw that out there....And my roommate was pissed that KC took Bowe(He wanted him to drop to the Vikes in Round 2). He apparently had an awesome senior bowl, my question is why do you think he will be a bust Hook'em?

Also, I hope we address RB this sunday, Who do you think would fit our system in terms of Running back? Do you think Michael Bush will be available at #148? If so, do we take a chance on him? I like Bush, and it sounds like he's healing up fairly well, my only problem with that is that ALL athletes always rush their progress, and he might be doing it just to get a higher draft status.

Other than that, I think Cornerback is a definate need, I feel there is still alot of talent out there for a Cover 2 CB(DeAndre jackson? I'm from Iowa, so I might be biased, I did not see him on the NFL draft tracker though, but Tanard Jackson is still available). It will be very interesting to see what will happen tommorrow...
                                hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information