Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Bo late for his first practice

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- If Dwayne Bowe wanted to make a good first impression, he failed miserably.

Kansas City's first-round draft pick began his professional career by showing up 30 minutes late for his first practice.

Stretching exercises and coach Herm Edwards' welcoming remarks were finished by the time the wide receiver from LSU hurried onto the field for the opening session of a three-day rookie mini camp.

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- If Dwayne Bowe wanted to make a good first impression, he failed miserably.

Kansas City's first-round draft pick began his professional career by showing up 30 minutes late for his first practice.

Stretching exercises and coach Herm Edwards' welcoming remarks were finished by the time the wide receiver from LSU hurried onto the field for the opening session of a three-day rookie mini camp.
    Not sure why he was late, but I'm not going to let that bother me too much this early. It appears that he was very passonite on his first day but also went through some of the struggles that a first year reciever is going to have. Did we hear about any of the other draft picks performance? Every article I have seen talks just about Bowe.

Comment

my guess is he was dealing with something involving his family.I would not put too much stock into day 1 remember he was off of playing football for a few months so it takes a little time to get into the feel of things

Comment

Eh, whatever. He will ball. Heard Tank was just that on the first day as well.

Comment

This sounds like people are trying to find things to make stories out of.
          hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

I would have to disagree with you guys as a rookie practice is huge he needs to be there on time and be there every day I hope Carl can get him in to camp on time. IMO WR is one of the hardest spots to come in as a rookie and start he needs to learn everything he can at practice.

Comment

well on a bright side it sounds like Tank Tyler has dominated everyone so far in mini camp

Comment

Yea, I think Tank is killing people. I hope McBrides' growth won't be stunted by playing both positions....I guess that's why they picked him before Tank?
                Also, it said he only missed the stretching/warming up section. He still got all the "learning" for the young WR. Has anyone went to the mini-camps? If so, tell us what you think of the prospects so far.

Comment

The open mini camp is'nt til June 2nd so all I see is clips on the news

Comment

That's what i hated about Bowe. He drops way too many passes. I still think we're gonna regreat passing on Meachem.
                    Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
                      That's what i hated about Bowe. He drops way too many passes. I still think we're gonna regreat passing on Meachem.

Robert Meachem: Shows Up Out of Shape

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...e&type=fantasy

Comment

Originally posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
                        Good grief he has one bad day and you're ready to label him a bust

Comment

as long as he shows up on Sundays lol
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Dropping balls, I think that was due to his horrible eyes in College. At least Bowe wasn't out of shape. Keep in mind the guys that were throwing to him were "NFL wannabes" not any professional guys already on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                              Good grief he has one bad day and you're ready to label him a bust
                              I had him labeled as a bust before we ever drafted him. I think he could very well prove me wrong though. I voiced very clearly that I though Meachem was going to be a stud.

And to respond the the vision thing. He got better his senior year, but he still dropped balls. I saw him drop at least 4 during senior bowl practices as well.

I'm not trying to throw him under the bus, and i just have to wait for him to prove me wrong.
                              Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information