Draft Day Decisions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Day Decisions

I figure it is looking like we are going to get a top 3 pick again for the second time in 4 years. What I think Miami should at least consider come draft day is try a convinces Jake Plummer to come back and trade Ricky Williams for Jake. If that doesn't work I figure we will trade Ricky for Free Dinner at Golden Corral coupon.

Round 1) I figure we should go after either Jake Long (OT Michagin) or go with Glenn Dorsey (DT LSU).

Round 2) I think we can get a good saftey like Tom Zibikowski (S Notre Dame) or even get lucky and get someone like Craig Steltz (S LSU) in the 3rd, and get either a OL or a nasty DL depending on what we do in Rd 1.

Tell me what you think and what you think they should do instead.

We have John Beck. Last thing we need is to bring in Jake Plummer.

Assuming we get the number 1 overall pick (which is probably gonna happen), this is how I hope it goes:

RD1: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
    RD2: DeJuan Tribble, CB, Boston College
    RD3: Kirk Barton, OT, Ohio State
    Last edited by Joeyjr09; 10-29-2007, 02:47 AM.

Comment

My dream draft is the following:

Miami trades pick number 1 to Dallas for picks 5,27,2nd rounder

5th pick - Jake Long RT
      27th pick - Aqib Talib CB
      2nd round1 - Michael Oher OG
      2nd round2 - Josh Barrett S
      3rd round - Fred Davis TE/BJ Raji NT (either one if either there)

That would be a nice draft to me. Could slide in Raji in the 3rd.

Will that happen? Doubt it.

Comment

"We have John Beck. Last thing we need is to bring in Jake Plummer."

Yeah but John Beck isnt ging to start this year or next so might as well bring in someone that is better than Cleo and can help Beck develope and take some snaps to avoid putting tons of pressure on Beck. As for the draft we definetly need help on the OL but we need young talent on the DL as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Miami Kush View Post
          "We have John Beck. Last thing we need is to bring in Jake Plummer."

Yeah but John Beck isnt ging to start this year or next so might as well bring in someone that is better than Cleo and can help Beck develope and take some snaps to avoid putting tons of pressure on Beck. As for the draft we definetly need help on the OL but we need young talent on the DL as well.
          There's already speculation that Beck will be starting when we come off our bye in a few weeks so he'll get some chances this season. He is definately gonna get every chance to start next year. I don't know why we would wanna bring in another castaway QB to take snaps away from our QB of the future. I don't see how gettiing Plummer is any different the Daunte Culpeppers, Trent Greens, AJ Feeleys, or Gus Frerotte we've had playing for us. Outside of the fact those guys actually wanted to play. Plummer is retired. Give Beck the chance to start next year, keep Cleo as his backup and bring in a solid older vet like Brad Johnson, a guy that understands he wouldnt be starting but is ok sharing his knowledge and experience with Beck.

Comment

My Dream Phins Draft 2008 (I'm not sure if we have more or less picks than this)

R1) Kenny Phillips (Pick 5 or later)/ Calais (Top 4)
            R2) Frank Okam
            R3) Chris Williams
            R4) Cornelius Ingram
            R5) Trae Williams
            R6) Will Arnold
            R7) Wallace Gilberry

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

I really like Matt Ryan too if Beck somehow doesn't work out!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                My Dream Phins Draft 2008 (I'm not sure if we have more or less picks than this)

R1) Kenny Phillips (Pick 5 or later)/ Calais (Top 4)
                R2) Frank Okam
                R3) Chris Williams
                R4) Cornelius Ingram
                R5) Trae Williams
                R6) Will Arnold
                R7) Wallace Gilberry

I definately want Kenny Phillips if we pick in the 5-10 range (which is doubtful). However if we get the 1st or 2nd pick which is very likely at this point. I don't think we should use it on Campbell. Campbell has looked lazy this year and might not even be the best DE on his team. I love Calais but he's not a good value with the 1st or 2nd pick. There are only 3 players who seem to be elite in this draft. Those are Darren McFadden, Jake Long and Glenn Dorsey. I don't think we could leave talent like that on the board. We cannot afford to reach with a top 2 pick like we did with Ginn last year. We either need to trade down for a team wanting McFadden or take Long/Glenn. If we are going to pick a defender that isn't the best fit for our system, Dorsey is the better of the two and fits a bigger need with our run defense.

Comment

Ok my dream draft/offseason

This is not part of my dream, but i honestly feel this is Zach Thomas's last season in Miami. The wear and tear of losing is killing him, and injuries are starting to pile on. I believe he will retire, and take a job within the organazation.

Sign Max Starks OT from Pitt. Starks is only 25, and @ 6'7 327 he is a beast of a man. He lost his job to Willie Colon, and could be had cheaper then most OT his age. I really feel we are only 1 OL away from a very good OL.

Sign Boss Bailey from Detroit. He has been injruy plaued, but he is young, and athletic.

So with that complete we proceede to trade our #1 overall to Dallas for #5 and #27, and there second rounder.

#5 from Dallas (via cleveland) - Kenny Phillips - S - UM
                  #27 from Dallas - Antoine Cason - CB - Arizona
                  # 32 Shawn Crable - LB - Mich

So thru our first 3 picks we take 3 defensive players. Our offense has been very surprising this yr, but our defense has aged, and is showing serious leaks.

#46 from SD (Chambers trade) - Marcus Monk - WR - Arkansas Monk would be a huge target @ 6'6, and could be a great compliment to Ginn jr

#54 from Dallas - Dre Moore - DT - Maryland - Big guy @ 6'4 320 who can be a big run stuffer in our defense

# 63 Jordan Grimes - OG - Purdue - Another big nasty to bring along, and home groom into our OL

# 94 Darrele Strong - TE - Pitt - Very athletic TE who could contribute immediately

So going into next yr our starting roster would look like this
                  QB - John Beck
                  RB - Ronnie Brown
                  FB Regan Muai
                  WR - Ted Ginn jr, Derk Hagan, Marcus Monk
                  TE - Darrele Strong
                  OT - Vernon Carey and Max Starks
                  OG -Jordan Grimes and Rex Hadnot
                  C - Samson Satele

DE - Matt Roth and Jason Taylor
                  DT - Dre Moore and Rod Wright
                  OLB - Boss Bailey and Shawn Crable
                  MLB - Channing Crowder
                  CB - Antoin Cason and Will Allen (Travis Daniels nickle)
                  S - Kenny Phillips and Renaldo Hill
                  Trade down from the #9 spot Miami

Comment

I love signing Starks and I love the trade down to get extra picks. But I would never sign Boss Bailey. He doesn't fit our D at all. Hes a classic cover 2 LB. Doesn't fit at all with our D. Also don't think we'd need Crable that high. An ILB would be better because I think Crowder would be a better fit for us outside. Crowder just doesn't plug the holes on running downs as well as we need from our ILB and it's noticable when Zach is out. And there's no way Monk goes in the 2nd. I like him mainly due to his size but we could probably get him all the way in round 4 considering we will have the 1st pick of that round He;s have to run very well to go in the 2nd and I can't see him running much better then the high 4.5 range. Considering our offense is building around speed, I doubt Monk is the guy.

Here's how I would do those picks.
                    1(5)- Kenny Phillips, S
                    1(27)- Antione Cason, CB
                    2(32)- Jonathan Goff, ILB
                    2(46)- B.J. Raji, NT
                    2(54)- Fred Davis, TE
                    3(63)- Andre Caldwell, WR
                    4(94)- Kendall Langford, DE
                    6(161)- Andrew Bain, G
                    7(193)- Marcus Walker, CB

And here is our roster:

QB-John Beck, Cleo Lemon, Casey Bramlet
                    RB- Ronnie Brown, Jesse Chatman, Lorenzo Booker
                    FB- Reagan Mauia
                    WR- Ted Ginn, Derreck Hagan, Andre Caldwell, Kerry Reed, Greg Carmarillo
                    TE- Fred Davis, David Martin, Justin Peelle
                    LT- Vernon Carey, Cory Lekkerkker
                    LG- Joe Toledo, Drew Mormino
                    C- Samson Satele
                    RG- Rex Hadnot, Andrew Bain
                    RT- Max Starks, Anthony Alabi

DE-Matt Roth, Kendall Langford
                    DT-Rod Wright, Vonnie Holliday
                    NT-BJ Raji, Paul Soliai
                    OE-Jason Taylor, Rob Nincovich, Quentin Moses
                    LB-Joey Porter, Abe Wright
                    LB-Jonathan Goff, Edmond Miles
                    LB-Channing Crowder, Derrick Pope
                    CB-Antione Cason, Michael Lehan
                    CB-Will Allen, Andre Goodman, Marcus Walker
                    FS-Kenny Phillips, Cameron Worrell, Courtney Bryan
                    SS-Yeremiah Bell, Renaldo Hill
                    Last edited by Joeyjr09; 10-28-2007, 04:14 PM.

Comment

It looks like a top 3 pick again. It looks more like the #1 than anything, I like Glenn Dorsey LSU I figure we take him in the 1st and since we now have two 2nd rounders we can find a good OL in the 2nd. We definitly need help on both sides of the line but Dorsey is about the onlysure thing in the draft and Jake Long is OL but I dont see him being a LT in the pros and since we already drafted a bust LT in Vernon Carey who will be our underachieving RT awhile. We could draft either Tony Hills OT Texas or Barry Richardson OT Clemson with the frist of our two2nd Rd picks. With the 2nd pick we could take Craig Steltz S LSU.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information