• Show
Clear All

Who do you guys want at #9? CB or DL?
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
      Who do you guys want at #9? CB or DL?
      We really aren't in a need for d-linemen, with Roth and Holliday at DEs and Traylor and Evans at DT. I would much rather see us take a CB like Hall, Houston or Revis and if Allen decides to move to CB then Landry would be the pick. I could also definetly see a trade down. I'll tell you this, the Dolphin's pick will be one of the hardest to predict.

Comment

Unless it's Gaines Adams we don't need DL. CB is a bit of a reach but it is an area of need.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

You have to go BPA and that is simply Landry.

Comment

So what is the deal with Allen? Is he a CB or is he a safety? Be objective in your response . . . don't decide based on whether or not you want Landry or Hall/Houston, therefore making Allen the opposite . . . the team's decision on which position he plays best will determine whether they go CB or S.

I see Allen as more of a safety personally, and I think that Leon Hall is the way to go. Landry could very well be gone at 9 though, making the choice easier . . .
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

what are the chances you guys take okoye?

dont take landry!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                what are the chances you guys take okoye?

dont take landry!!!
                Don't see it happening since we brought back both Holliday and Traylor. DT is a postion that I think we will address in the middle rounds of the draft.

Same goes with Safety. We already got Bell, Hill and Allen there. It would be a waste to draft one with our 1st pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                  So what is the deal with Allen? Is he a CB or is he a safety? Be objective in your response . . . don't decide based on whether or not you want Landry or Hall/Houston, therefore making Allen the opposite . . . the team's decision on which position he plays best will determine whether they go CB or S.

I see Allen as more of a safety personally, and I think that Leon Hall is the way to go. Landry could very well be gone at 9 though, making the choice easier . . .
                  Allen is a safety right now. There is only speculation about him going to CB.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

Are you guys thinking about Carriker at all at #9?

Comment

I don't think so. It wouldn't make any sense with Matt Roth on the team.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

Ideal draft would obviously be to trade out of the number 9 spot, but with what the PHINS have right now this is what I am hoping for:

1st: Landry
                        2nd A: Blalock
                        2nd B: Stanton
                        3rd: Aundrae Allison

Any comments???

Comment

maybe a cb in rd 1. other than that, its good

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

Now that they have traded Welker, I don't know how you cannot draft Ginn at number 9. They willingly traded basically the only qualified returner on the team and the number one wideout. We got two WR's in last year's draft, but neither of them have gotten much playing time. If Culpepper is going to be as good as he was in 2003, and we all hope he will be, we're going to need a super fast receiver to stretch the field. Culpepper has major arm strength and for him to be effective that has to be utilized. No one currently on the roster can do that.

As for the second round, as was really hoping for Mason Crosby. But with the signing of Feely it doesn't look like that is going to happen. It looks like that's going to be the best OG available. We cut BOTH starting guards from last year and have yet to sign someone to fill either spot. There are three Guards that are graded with a low 1/high 2 grade and at least one should still be there at our pick. In my opinion, that will most likely be Grubbs.

With our pick from NE in the second round, that could go just about anywhere, but I'm pretty sure that it will NOT go to a QB. We've invested too much in Culpepper. If he's healthy he's the guy, no question. Plus it looks like Cameron really likes Cleo Lemon. We originally acquired him from SD in the A.J. Feely trade, and Cameron seemed to be pretty fond of him there.

Comment

Originally posted by WesSpice View Post
                              Now that they have traded Welker, I don't know how you cannot draft Ginn at number 9. They willingly traded basically the only qualified returner on the team and the number one wideout. We got two WR's in last year's draft, but neither of them have gotten much playing time. If Culpepper is going to be as good as he was in 2003, and we all hope he will be, we're going to need a super fast receiver to stretch the field. Culpepper has major arm strength and for him to be effective that has to be utilized. No one currently on the roster can do that.

As for the second round, as was really hoping for Mason Crosby. But with the signing of Feely it doesn't look like that is going to happen. It looks like that's going to be the best OG available. We cut BOTH starting guards from last year and have yet to sign someone to fill either spot. There are three Guards that are graded with a low 1/high 2 grade and at least one should still be there at our pick. In my opinion, that will most likely be Grubbs.

With our pick from NE in the second round, that could go just about anywhere, but I'm pretty sure that it will NOT go to a QB. We've invested too much in Culpepper. If he's healthy he's the guy, no question. Plus it looks like Cameron really likes Cleo Lemon. We originally acquired him from SD in the A.J. Feely trade, and Cameron seemed to be pretty fond of him there.
                              Thank god your not our GM haha.. I think Ginn at 9 and Crosby at 40 would be one of the worst drafts we can have.

Although I like Ginn, it's way too early for him and we can get better value

Comment

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphin...fins_0314.html

The Dolphins do not think highly of former Penn State left tackle Levi Brown, who is thought to be the second-best available left tackle. They are, however, impressed with Joe Staley, the Central Michigan product who is thought to be a late first-round or early second-round selection.
                                I really hope that is true. I wouldn't mind us trading up into the late first to grab Staley. Toonster also mentioned trading back to 16 with GB, than trading back again and picking up Staley. I would love for that to happen but it doesn't seem very likely. I really hope the Brown part is true though. I don't want him anywhere near a Dolphins jersey.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information