#1 Pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 Pick

Scenario: You're stuck at #1, who's the pick?

Chris Long or Vernon Gholston

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
      Chris Long or Vernon Gholston
      Way too early to narrow it down to that. It could be any of Chris Long, Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey, or Matt Ryan with Vernon Gholston and Darren McFadden being dark horses.

Comment

Right now I'd go Chris Long with Jake as the other top option.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

It may be early, but It WILL be one of those two, think what you want, but if we stay at # 1 it will be either Chris Long or Vernon Gholston.

Remember who said it would be Ginn, months before the draft....

Well, I haven't narrowed it down to one single option yet, I'm still breaking it down, but I have it down to 2. Bank on it. You can completely rule out Glenn Dorsey and Jake Long, thats for sure. Most likely Ryan too.

McFadden could be a slight option, but only to use as trade bait, we would never keep him, but I'm still looking at that as an option as well. It's still a little too early to tell.
          Last edited by thebow305; 02-17-2008, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
            It may be early, but It WILL be one of those two, think what you want, but if we stay at # 1 it will be either Chris Long or Vernon Gholston.

Remember who said it would be Ginn, months before the draft....

Well, I haven't narrowed it down to one single option yet, I'm still breaking it down, but I have it down to 2. Bank on it. You can completely rule out Glenn Dorsey and Jake Long, thats for sure. Most likely Ryan too.

McFadden could be a slight option, but only to use as trade bait, we would never keep him, but I'm still looking at that as an option as well. It's still a little too early to tell.
            You've been living off that Ginn prediction since it happened. Get over it man. I remember being right about Cam getting rid of Culpepper when everyone on here thought he was gonna be given a chance yet I don't hold that over people's head.

Don't act like you know everything just because you guessed a pick right.

Comment

Okay here are the top three and I am going to dicuss why we should or shouldnt take them

1. QB Matt Ryan Boston College

Why I would take him:

With John Beck being on the roster it would make sense to get in another QB to compete with him.

Why I wouldnt take him:

I think the Phins need to give John Beck another year with a rebuilt offense. Ireland has already come out and said they where impressed by what they saw of him on film and he looked better then they actually thought. He was also the 1st phone call Ireland reached out too. I feel they should give him his fair shake and add a solid veteran on the roster to bring him along. I wouldnt be opposed to taking a late round flyer on Erick Ainge in the 4th or 5th.

2. DE Chris Long Virginia

Why I would take him:

Long would be a solid player to add to any team and should be a fine defender in a 4-3 or be a 3-4 OLB in the mold of Mike Vrabel.

Why I woulnt take him:

At 6'3 275 he is just too small to play down 3-4 defensive lineman. He did it in college but that wont fly in the pros. Now he could be a great OLB but is he better then Gholston????. The current roster also has Taylor,Porter,Roth, Moses, and A.Wright all whom could be viable options at 3-4 OLB and at very least you could wait another year for adding such a player. So would paying top dollar to an OLB when you already have strong depth at that spot make much sense at this time. In my opinion I dont think so.

3. OT Jake Long Michigan

Why I would take him:

Jake Long is massive at 6'7 330 so he obviously fills the Parcells size requirement. The Phins just purged most of there offensive line by releasing Shelton,Alabi, and Toledo. Carey is a stud but needs someone to play along side of him. With all the big dollars Tackles are getting it should be easy to justify paying Long top dollar. Long and Carey would be young bookend tackles that will lead this offense for many years to come. Some have said why not just sign Flozell. Well because Flozell is old and by the time the team is ready to compete in the next few years he will be that much older. While if you take Long he and Carey will be at there max primes. You could have the option of keeping Carey at LT or moving him back to the right but the most important thing going on here is you have one less thing to worry about which is your offensive line. With Long and Carey they can pound the hell out of teams and protect John Beck or who every the QB is back there.

Why I wouldnt take him:

I really cant find a negative not to take him other then he should be more of a top 3-5 pick then a #1 in any other normal year but this isnt a normal year as there really isnt a clear cut #1 pick other then a guy like McFadden which this team doesnt need. Some say he is too slow for LT but even if he cant beat Carey at LT then he moves over to the right and the team still wins because the line is still solidified.

So after all this being said my pick would be

OT Jake Long Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                You've been living off that Ginn prediction since it happened. Get over it man. I remember being right about Cam getting rid of Culpepper when everyone on here thought he was gonna be given a chance yet I don't hold that over people's head.

Don't act like you know everything just because you guessed a pick right.
                Wow.... you're comparing the Culpepper situation to the Ginn pick... Culpepper was a piece of ****, if you asked me I would've told you he was going to be gone, but I didn't feel like it even deserved any attention at all. Congrats on that... and I'm not saying I know everything, but I do probably know a little more than most. I weigh every little option before the draft and all the evidence as it is, and if anyone would have monitored the Ginn situation as much as I did, they could have predicted it as well. I just do my homework, that's all.

Comment

Feast your eyes on something Long LOL!

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...goryId=2806068

Comment

If Jason Taylor is traded before the draft then hands down the selection will be DE/OLB Chris Long.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
                      Jake Long is massive at 6'7 330 so he obviously fills the Parcells size requirement. You could have the option of keeping Carey at LT or moving him back to the right
                      Was this serious? Since when does Jake Long weight 330? He's 6'7 and 310. He's actually very lean. He's not at all the type of beefy 330 pound OL that Parcells likes. He's actually the opposite.

If you draft a OT at number overall, keeping Carey at LT is not an option. Carey as average at best at LT last year and spending a number 1 overall pick on a RT is just not smart management.

I disagree with pretty much your entire assesment of Jake Long.

Comment

If Jason Taylor is traded before the draft then hands down the selection will be DE/OLB Chris Long.
                        Or Vernon Gholston... DUH! :D

Comment

Was this serious? Since when does Jake Long weight 330? He's 6'7 and 310. He's actually very lean. He's not at all the type of beefy 330 pound OL that Parcells likes. He's actually the opposite.

If you draft a OT at number overall, keeping Carey at LT is not an option. Carey as average at best at LT last year and spending a number 1 overall pick on a RT is just not smart management.

Carey was a vey solid LT last year, not a Pro Bowler, but did a lot better than expected. He would be a Pro Bowler at G or at RT, but I would not say he was average at all.

Comment

Jake Long
                            College Michigan
                            Conference Big Ten
                            Sport Football
                            Position LT
                            Jersey # 77
                            Class Senior
                            Career 2004 present
                            Height 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)
                            Weight 335 pounds (152.0 kg)
                            Nationality United States
                            Born May 9, 1985 (1985-05-09) (age 22)
                            High school Lapeer East High School,
                            Lapeer, Michigan
                            Bowl games

This is straight from his Wikipedia. Now it does look like he is closer to 315 but you act like you've never seen a site post the weight of Jake Long before that has him listed at 330 plus.

Comment

Jake Long
                              College Michigan
                              Conference Big Ten
                              Sport Football
                              Position LT
                              Jersey # 77
                              Class Senior
                              Career 2004 – present
                              Height 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)
                              Weight 335 pounds (152.0 kg)
                              Nationality United States
                              Born May 9, 1985 (1985-05-09) (age 22)
                              High school Lapeer East High School,
                              Lapeer, Michigan
                              Bowl games

This is straight from his Wikipedia. Now it does look like he is closer to 315 but you act like you've never seen a site post the weight of Jake Long before that has him listed at 330 plus.

Wikipedia has him listed as 315. The official Michigan site has him listed at 315. ESPN has him listed at 315. This site has him listed at 313.

So to anwser your question. No most reliable sites don't list him anywhere near the weight of 330 and he doesn't weight anywhere near 330.

He is not anywhere close to a Parcells type of OT and you should really look at places other then Wikipedia to get your information. Anyone can change anything on that site at any time. It's just an open pool of information, much of it is false and there is nobody there to filter it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information