Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcons willing to trade to #1 for Ryan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcons willing to trade to #1 for Ryan?

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/...ins-draft.html

Wow if we could get a 2nd rounder out of the Falcons that would be so great. Then we take the best Long that's left at #3. BRILLIANT!!!!!!

If they are not sold on Ryan and can get a #2 for moving down 2 spots, they better take it. However, I say that from there, they may still be able to make the deal w/ Dallas for the 2 #1's and Fasano and/or Carpenter. Or they can sit there and take Gholston if he is still there.

Comment

In a heartbeat I make that trade. That would be ideal in my mind. The TVC calls for the number 3 overall and both of Atlanta's 2nd RDs. I don't think we'd get both but I'd do it for their number 3, their early 2nd and their early 3rd. Then I would serious look at this:

1-Vernon Gholston, OLB
      2-Branden Albert, OG
      2-James Hardy, WR
      2-Anthony Collins, OT
      3-Atyhba Rubin, NT
      3-Justin King, CB
      4-Kendal Langford, DE
      6-Orlando Scandrick, CB
      7-Marcus Dixon, DE

Something like that would be awesome. We get 4 players for the defensive front 7. We get two top notch OLs. A tall rangy WR and 2 CBs to push Lehan and Daniels off to other teams.

Comment

I would so love this trade. If Miami could just hit the hype machine real hard on Matt Ryan and If Blank gets blinded by this and falls in love with Ryan then I cant see why this doesnt happen. But does Arthur Blank hold any ill will towards Parcells for walking out on him???? Hmmmm who knows

Comment

Who knows, I think Atlanta could pick up Ryan with their pick, but if Miami spreads some rumors and stuff...it could happen.

Pittsburgh Steelers Florida Gators Pittsburgh Penguins

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
            I would so love this trade. If Miami could just hit the hype machine real hard on Matt Ryan and If Blank gets blinded by this and falls in love with Ryan then I cant see why this doesnt happen. But does Arthur Blank hold any ill will towards Parcells for walking out on him???? Hmmmm who knows
            I could be wrong but Arthur Blank doesn't seem like a guy that would hold back his team for personal reasons. He was really good friends with Vick but changed his tune with all the issues because moving forward was the best thing for his team.

I doubt any personal grudge with Parcells would stop Blank from going and getting Ryan if he felt Ryan was the man to turn them around. Man I really hope this trade is true.

Comment

In your dreams Phins fans...TD would never trade up for any QB in the 1st let alone Matt Ryan with $35 mil guaranteed at the #1 overall pick. lol.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Well if the Falcons trade Hall for an extra 1st then they will be in a very good spot to move up to #1 with all those picks. Even now without there extra 1st they have plenty of picks.

1. Atlanta Falcons(via trade with Phins)- QB Matt Ryan Boston College

2. St. Louis Rams- DE Chris Long Virginia

3. Miami Dolphins(via trade with ATL)- OT Jake Long or OLB Vernon Gholston

I vote for Jake and then try for Quentin Groves with that top pick in the second. Then try to grab Joe Flacco and John Carlson with the rest of the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  In your dreams Phins fans...TD would never trade up for any QB in the 1st let alone Matt Ryan with $35 mil guaranteed at the #1 overall pick. lol.
                  Problem is that TD is in a very unique situtation in which a franchise has been burnt and the owner needs a new face to his franchise. A big name QB or RB is what puts fans in the stands. Arthur Blank will be making this pick for the franchise not TD.

Comment

I would absolutely love this trade, it would be a dream come true for me!

Because I no longer want us to be picking number one overall and at this point I would be willing to take a Snickers in exchange to move down a couple spots. :)

Just messin around obviously, but for someone like Parcells, who believes in stockpiling picks and building through the draft, this would be the perfect way to do just that. To be able to add a 2nd rounder or possibly just a third I don't know how they wouldn't jump all over this.

In a Perfect Case Scenario, this is what I hope we do:

Trade the #1 Pick to Atlanta for the #3 Pick, DeAngelo Hall, and maybe a 3rd rounder. Then, turn around and send the #3 pick to Dallas for the #22 and #28 picks, a 3rd rounder, and Bobby Carpenter.

This way, we end up with 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders, and 3 third rounders. While also filling out our needs at Cornerback and Inside Linebacker. Then Sign Flozell Adams, and bring Keyshawn out of retirement to fill the role of a possession guy and experienced vet to teach some of our younger guys. And re-sign Rex Hadnot & Yeremiah Bell.

Then draft like this:

1a) DeSean Jackson
                    1b) Kentwan Balmer
                    2a) Quentin Groves
                    2b) John Carlson
                    3a) Joe Flacco
                    3b) Chilo Rachal
                    3c) Justin King
                    4) Marcus Harrison
                    6) J Leman
                    7) Amarri Jackson

Something like that could be a big upgrade to our defense and offense and would make a us a good young team with a solid foundation heading into next season and beyond. The starting lineup would roughly look like this:

Offense:

QB: John Beck
                    RB: Ronnie Brown
                    FB: Reagan Mauia
                    WR1: Ted Ginn
                    WR1: Keyshawn Johnson
                    WR3: DeSean Jackson (Slot)
                    TE: John Carlson
                    LT: Flozell Adams
                    LG: Chilo Rachal
                    C: Samson Satele
                    RG: Rex Hadnot
                    RT: Vernon Carey

Defense:

LE: Kentwan Balmer
                    NT: Marcus Harrison or Paul Soliai
                    RE: Rodrique Wright
                    OLB: Jason Taylor
                    ILB: Channing Crowder
                    ILB: Bobby Carpenter
                    OLB: Joey Porter
                    CB: DeAngelo Hall
                    CB: Will Allen
                    FS: Jason Allen
                    SS: Yeremiah Bell

With the top backups being: Matt Roth, J Leman, Quentin Groves, Justin King, Lorenzo Booker, and Ricky Williams.

That's something nice to look at.

And for those questioning the DeSean Jackson pick, I think he may fall in the draft a little due to his weigh-in, maybe even further than that. But if he does, he would be a nice option next to Ginn in the slot and would give us the fastest WR combination in the league. While also allowing Ginn to focus more on being a true Wideout, which is what I've heard they are wanting to do with him.

Let me know what you guys think!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

I like it but i hope some way we can get jake long

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                        I would absolutely love this trade, it would be a dream come true for me!

Because I no longer want us to be picking number one overall and at this point I would be willing to take a Snickers in exchange to move down a couple spots. :)

Just messin around obviously, but for someone like Parcells, who believes in stockpiling picks and building through the draft, this would be the perfect way to do just that. To be able to add a 2nd rounder or possibly just a third I don't know how they wouldn't jump all over this.

In a Perfect Case Scenario, this is what I hope we do:

Trade the #1 Pick to Atlanta for the #3 Pick, DeAngelo Hall, and maybe a 3rd rounder. Then, turn around and send the #3 pick to Dallas for the #22 and #28 picks, a 3rd rounder, and Bobby Carpenter.

This way, we end up with 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders, and 3 third rounders. While also filling out our needs at Cornerback and Inside Linebacker. Then Sign Flozell Adams, and bring Keyshawn out of retirement to fill the role of a possession guy and experienced vet to teach some of our younger guys. And re-sign Rex Hadnot & Yeremiah Bell.

Then draft like this:

1a) DeSean Jackson
                        1b) Kentwan Balmer
                        2a) Quentin Groves
                        2b) John Carlson
                        3a) Joe Flacco
                        3b) Chilo Rachal
                        3c) Justin King
                        4) Marcus Harrison
                        6) J Leman
                        7) Amarri Jackson

Something like that could be a big upgrade to our defense and offense and would make a us a good young team with a solid foundation heading into next season and beyond. The starting lineup would roughly look like this:

Offense:

QB: John Beck
                        RB: Ronnie Brown
                        FB: Reagan Mauia
                        WR1: Ted Ginn
                        WR1: Keyshawn Johnson
                        WR3: DeSean Jackson (Slot)
                        TE: John Carlson
                        LT: Flozell Adams
                        LG: Chilo Rachal
                        C: Samson Satele
                        RG: Rex Hadnot
                        RT: Vernon Carey

Defense:

LE: Kentwan Balmer
                        NT: Marcus Harrison or Paul Soliai
                        RE: Rodrique Wright
                        OLB: Jason Taylor
                        ILB: Channing Crowder
                        ILB: Bobby Carpenter
                        OLB: Joey Porter
                        CB: DeAngelo Hall
                        CB: Will Allen
                        FS: Jason Allen
                        SS: Yeremiah Bell

With the top backups being: Matt Roth, J Leman, Quentin Groves, Justin King, Lorenzo Booker, and Ricky Williams.

That's something nice to look at.

And for those questioning the DeSean Jackson pick, I think he may fall in the draft a little due to his weigh-in, maybe even further than that. But if he does, he would be a nice option next to Ginn in the slot and would give us the fastest WR combination in the league. While also allowing Ginn to focus more on being a true Wideout, which is what I've heard they are wanting to do with him.

Let me know what you guys think!
                        I absolutely hate the idea of bringing in DeSean Jackson after drafting Ginn last season. They are like clones of each other. Why on earth would we use 2 1sts on the same player? Malcolm Kelly would be a fine pick but Jackson. No way.

Comment

Not to mention Jackson is a reach in the 1st at this point.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I want to see the Oline and Dline built up personally a trade back to number 3 and getting Jake long would make me happy the more I think of it.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                              Not to mention Jackson is a reach in the 1st at this point.
                              Well then we get him in the 2nd and it would be a steal. I would rather get him to come in and be a slot/returner, which is what we need if Ginn is going to focus on being a full-time reciever. Then we bring in a big guy like Amarri Jackson in the 7th, who would be a project player that Keyshawn could mentor and he could end up being a surprise player for us when KJ retires. That's my reasoning for it, you guys may not agree but I have a problem with guys like Malcolm Kelly and James Hardy who have trouble seperating from defenders at the line. We don't want a Matt Jones type player, that's for sure.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information