No announcement yet.

Dolphins Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree I have always been a big fan of William Joseph from his days at the U. Loved it when my Giants took him but he was more a victim of the injury bug when he played for us then a total outright bust. Would love to see him back in Miami playing for my adopted Phins team as I think he has great potential as an end in the 3-4.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
      I agree I have always been a big fan of William Joseph from his days at the U. Loved it when my Giants took him but he was more a victim of the injury bug when he played for us then a total outright bust. Would love to see him back in Miami playing for my adopted Phins team as I think he has great potential as an end in the 3-4.
      There's still quote a few people are are talking to.

Williams Joseph. Would be solid as a 3-4 DE but I hope he doesn't take time away from Randy Starks or Rod Wright who are both developing and will be better long term.

Keith Davis. Special teams ace and a backup safety. I love the fact we are going after top notch ST players like Charlie Anderson, Boomer Grigsby, Tab Perry (still not signed) and now Davis. Wouldn't mind his addition at all.

Barry Sims. Easily my favorite move. If we can get him on a 2 year deal and draft a OT with our low 2nd, that's ideal in my mind. Gives us a year to groom the guy as Sims can still play a very solid LT and be an excellent mentor.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

Williams Joseph. Would be solid as a 3-4 DE but I hope he doesn't take time away from Randy Starks or Rod Wright who are both developing and will be better long term.

Keith Davis. Special teams ace and a backup safety. I love the fact we are going after top notch ST players like Charlie Anderson, Boomer Grigsby, Tab Perry (still not signed) and now Davis. Wouldn't mind his addition at all.

Barry Sims. Easily my favorite move. If we can get him on a 2 year deal and draft a OT with our low 2nd, that's ideal in my mind. Gives us a year to groom the guy as Sims can still play a very solid LT and be an excellent mentor.
        I agree. I hope we can get Sims locked up so it lessens the chance of us taking Jake Long and getting someone in the 2nd or 3rd instead. I Would love to get all three of those guys. I don't mind Joseph taking snaps away from Starks because I feel Joseph could be a much better player if he can stay healthy, but not Rod Wright. Rod is gonna be a special player for a long time for us IMO. He is very talented and I look forward to seeing his progression and hopefully a breakout year from him in '08.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

Joe,

If Joseph is signed for cheap, I think he is a nice fit. He is still young enough to where he can be part of the future here if he shows something.

Davis is just like you said. Extra depth at S, but good ST guy. Looks like Tuna is really making sure that at least our ST should be greatly improved immediately.

Sims would be an OK transition guy to groom the future LT, though I would not give up a lot of cash to sign him.

I am hoping the Tab Perry and/or Darryl Blackstock signings happen. Both are young guys with ability who fit the size profile wanted for their positions and have the upside that this rebuilding project needs......

Comment

Originally posted by Quagmire View Post
            Joe,

If Joseph is signed for cheap, I think he is a nice fit. He is still young enough to where he can be part of the future here if he shows something.

Davis is just like you said. Extra depth at S, but good ST guy. Looks like Tuna is really making sure that at least our ST should be greatly improved immediately.

Sims would be an OK transition guy to groom the future LT, though I would not give up a lot of cash to sign him.

I am hoping the Tab Perry and/or Darryl Blackstock signings happen. Both are young guys with ability who fit the size profile wanted for their positions and have the upside that this rebuilding project needs......
            Blackstock already eliminated us. He's between the Browns and one other team. Perry left without a contract. Davis is visiting us today.

I'd love to come away with Davis, Sims and Joseph. That would be a fine haul to end the offseason. None should cost too much and the only competition we got is Cleveland for Joseph. Sims and Davis should be ours as long as their contracts are reasonable (which they should be)

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information