Dolphins Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins Free Agency Thread

In just under 6 hours, free agency will officially begin! We have the most cap space in the league, I so hope we finally use some of it! Any last minute guesses from Phins fans who we will be signing during the period, or RE-signing for that matter???

My Guesses (New Signings):

OT Flozell Adams
    CB/S Eugene Wilson
    DE Marques Douglas
    OG Justin Smiley
    WR Keyshawn Johnson

I really hope we resign Bell too, but if we get Wilson, that could end that. Hadnot would be nice to get back too, I just think that's a longshot at this point. What do you guys think!?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Ugggh Flozell is gone...Agrees to 6 year extension with the Cowboys. Can you say Jake Long #1???????

Comment

rumors are Ernest Wilford will sign tonight.

Oh and we did sign David Kirkus

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
        Ugggh Flozell is gone...Agrees to 6 year extension with the Cowboys. Can you say Jake Long #1???????
        Can you say.... NO!?

Comment

Justin Smiley is a Dolphin!

For 5 years at 25 million. Not too horrible. I think he's on par with the Derreck Dockery's of the world and we got him for 2 million a year less. I like the signing. These are the kind of moves we need to make. He is a good, dependable guard. Not a world beater like Fanaca would have been but definately a guy we can rely on.

Comment

Very solid guard. Reminds of a Chris Snee type for the Giants. Good first signing for the phins as they are trying to build a solid offensive line. Now do we draft Jake Long at #1 to complete the line???? If Calvin Pace signs then it's really looking like Matt Ryan or Big Jake.
            Last edited by BigBlueCrew56; 02-29-2008, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Oh the hatred you have for the Michigan LT HA HA HA

Comment

As a 9er fan I can tell you he is great at pulling. He had a good 06 and an okay 07'. Good signing for you guys nonetheless.

Comment

Calvin Pace coming to the Phins???

Dolphins to make Pace a Mega Offer:Alex Marvez Fox Sports
                  Feb. 29th 56 minutes ago

Don’t be surprised if Arizona linebacker Calvin Pace leaves South Florida as a member of the Miami Dolphins following a free-agent visit.

A league source told FOXSports.com that Miami is preparing to offer Pace the same kind of mega-deal that linebackers Adalius Thomas and Joey Porter received in free agency last off-season. New England and Miami signed Thomas and Porter respectively to five-year, $32 million contracts that included $20 million in guaranteed money.

Incidentally, Thomas and Porter never made the kind of impact in 2007 that was expected for the money paid.

While the 2003 first-round pick struggled as a 4-3 defensive end in his first four NFL seasons, Pace blossomed last year when moved to outside linebacker in Arizona’s new 3-4 scheme. Pace finished with career highs in tackles (98), sacks (6.5) and passes defensed (6).

By franchising fellow outside linebacker Karlos Dansby, Arizona was willing to let Pace test the market. Unless wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald can be signed to a new contract that lowers his salary cap number of roughly $16 million, Arizona appears likely to lose Pace and wideout Bryant Johnson in free agency.
                  Last edited by BigBlueCrew56; 02-29-2008, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Calvin Pace visiting Dolphins. Dolphins preparing to offer him....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7852370

Friday a.m. note -- picking up Pace

Don't be surprised if Arizona linebacker Calvin Pace leaves South Florida as a member of the Miami Dolphins following a free-agent visit.

A league source told FOXSports.com that Miami is preparing to offer Pace the same kind of mega-deal that linebackers Adalius Thomas and Joey Porter received in free agency last off-season. New England and Miami signed Thomas and Porter respectively to five-year, $32 million contracts that included $20 million in guaranteed money.

Incidentally, Thomas and Porter never made the kind of impact in 2007 that was expected for the money paid.

While the 2003 first-round pick struggled as a 4-3 defensive end in his first four NFL seasons, Pace blossomed last year when moved to outside linebacker in Arizona's new 3-4 scheme. Pace finished with career highs in tackles (9, sacks (6.5) and passes defensed (6).

By franchising fellow outside linebacker Karlos Dansby, Arizona was willing to let Pace test the market. Unless wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald can be signed to a new contract that lowers his salary cap number of roughly $16 million, Arizona appears likely to lose Pace and wideout Bryant Johnson in free agency.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I guess it's time for the Dolphins to make way for Mr. Jake Long at #1.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
                        I guess it's time for the Dolphins to make way for Mr. Jake Long at #1.
                        Still early for that, he is not officially signed..... Could be making the way for Matt Ryan as well........ I would hope if they did sign him, that Taylor would be traded..........

Comment

This has to be the most intriguing news of the day for me. Does it mean the end of the line for Taylor (and Porter), thus making Chris Long a viable option still? Does it mean Matt Ryan?

Comment

I have no idea what ths means... hopefully Jason is traded now so Chris or Vernon an still be the pick... what does everyone else think about this???

Comment

I think Pace would be an OLB in Miami's 3-4 and Chris Long a DE, so I don't think there'd be a correlation between Long and Pace.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information