Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For BBC (And all other Jake Long to Miami supporters)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
    Draft predictions if we dont go offensive line

OT Jake Long- Rams,Falcons,Cheifs

OT Ryan Clady- Cheifs,Broncos,Panthers

OT Chris Williams- Bears,Panthers,Broncos,Lions, or Eagles

OT Jeff Otah- Cheifs,Bears,Lions,Eagles,Pittsburgh

OT Gosder Cherilus- Bears,Pittsburgh,San Diego,49ers

OG Branden Alberts- Pittsburgh or Seattle

Players availible when the phins draft at the top of the 2nd

OT Anthony Collins, OT Sam Baker, Carl Nicks

In my own opinion the Phins will have to reach for one the offensive lineman still left on the board with the top pick in the second. If they wait until the later pick in the second they might be left with nobody who can step in day one and make an impact. This is why I am stressing the importance of drafting Jake Long at #1. If we draft Jake at #1 then we are in the driver's seat to take the BPA at many positions that are going to be of real good value at the top of the 2nd round of the draft such as

QB Chad Henne or Joe Flacco

CB Brandon Flowers or CB Antoine Cason

OG Chilo Rachal

ILB Erin Henderson or ILB Curtis Lofton

DE/OLB Lawrence Jackson or Cliff Avril

All of these players grade out better then the values of Collins,Baker, or Nicks.
    Blue,

I think there is some great value in round 2, though I agree with you that the OT position may be a bit of a reach up there. Although Rachal at G would be a nice pick.

I like the idea of trading down and adding some more depth in rounds 3 to 5. In round 2, there should still be some excellent DB's and WR's to choose from (Patrick Lee, Andre Caldwell, James Hardy, Dajuan Morgan) to go along with the guys that you mentioned. I do think that at least 1, if not both of the QB's mentioned will be gone by their pick. I wish that some impact guys in the front seven on defense would be there in round 2, but I think the majority of those guys are going to be gone..

Comment

Joe,

One other OL name that I like is Duane Brown in rounds 3 to 4. Lots of potential at LT. Another guy is Kirk Barton who could be more of a guy in rounds 4-5 as a RT or G possibility....

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
        He gushed about Anderson and he said Taylor was here to stay. Take any talk about Taylor with a grain of salt tho. The team isn't going to come out and say Taylor is on the block as his value will instantly go down. Ireland and Tuna will say JT is a Miami Dolphin until they deal him for picks.

However, I love you selective reading. You talk about them gushing over Anderson and keeping Taylor. However, you completely ignore Sparano saying that Carey is the starting LT and Mormino is the starting LG. You also ignore Ireland saying that they will not draft for need early in the draft. Funny how you only point out the aspects that help your guy.

Fact is, nothing that was said today has changed anything. He said things that benefit and hurt all candidates for the top pick. We are no closer now to knowing who we will pick then we were yesterday and trying to put together selective parts of article on the web to show otherwise is a waste of time.

Oh and for all the talk about financial implications. Paying a RT 1st pick money is just as bad as paying an OLB 1st pick money. And remember Bill Parcells has the final say in this. He is not a money guy, he is a football guy. He knows that no matter what he is gonna dish out tons of cash and he doesn't care because at the end of the day there is nothing be can do about it.What he can do is just go out and get the best player possible. So whoever is ranked at number 1 on his draft board is who he is taking.
        I actually think that BBC's refusal to address Sparano saying Carey is the LT is just a mistake on his part, because it helps out Jake a little bit as our pick, because most people project him as a RT anyway, and a very good one at that. On the flipside, you are right though, taking a RT number one overall would be foolish, would cost too much, and just is not going to happen. When he named Carey the starting LT for next season, he might as well denounced Jake as our pick alltogether. That's how it's looking right now. Just like I have been saying all along, it is a two-horse race between Vernon Gholston and Chris Long. Chris being the favorite but with Gholston gaining some serious steam and momentum heading down the stretch run here. I feel more confident with each passing day about my Gholston prediction I made months ago. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy with either, I just see Gholston as the pick.
        Last edited by thebow305; 04-02-2008, 12:22 AM.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

[QUOTE=thebow305;984620]

Jake Long is out: Jake is certainly not that, especially because he will never be an ELITE Left Tackle in the NFL based on the perspective of many NFL draft experts.[QUOTE]

Yeah, those draft experts are ALWAYS right.

Perhaps you can explain the Jake Long LT hate. I don't get it. The guy is a crushing run blocker and gave up 2 sacks in his college career, but isn't a good LT in the pros. Ryan Clady gave up way more than 2 sacks this year alone, yet I'm not hearing anyone question his LT ability.

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Addict
            hey Scott, are you going to reconsider certain workout guys (maybe chris long?), because as of now D-Mac is the only one with an 'elite prospect' level...

I don't foresee anyone getting that elusive fifth star right now.

The only one who would really even be in the running is Jake Long.

Comment

Also another tidbit for you guys it seems that both Todd McShay and Mel Kiper Jr. have recently changed Jake Long to be there #1 pick. I would post the link but that would be a violation so go on and look for yourselves.

Comment

We all know Scott like Jake Long more then most. Just like he liked BQ more then most last year.

As for McShay and Kiper. They rotate picks all the time. By the time the draft rolls around, they will have had Ryan, Chris Long, Jake Long and McFadden at the top of the draft that way when one of the guys gets picked they can say they were right all along. That's nothing new with the ESPN guys. That's how they handle things.

Comment

I know I have been getting my head twisted in here over my support for Jake Long but the truth of the matter is I would be happy more then happy if we chose Chris Long. I just think Jake makes more sense at this time or should I say better yet the draft's top overall rated offensive tackle. We have done very little in the offseason to provide our QB's with adequate protection so I deem it necessary to have someone be able to start from day one with very little flaws in there game. Yes we could go out and select a tackle in the 2nd or 3rd but are they going to be as polised as per say Jake Long???? Now if we went on to sign a veteran like Barry Sims then it makes it more plausible for me to wait until later because Sims has been as starting tackle in this league for a long time. He might not be a very good one but he seems like a hold the fort type of guy.

Comment

I know I have been getting my head twisted in here over my support for Jake Long but the truth of the matter is I would be happy more then happy if we chose Chris Long. I just think Jake makes more sense at this time or should I say better yet the draft's top overall rated offensive tackle. We have done very little in the offseason to provide our QB's with adequate protection so I deem it necessary to have someone be able to start from day one with very little flaws in there game. Yes we could go out and select a tackle in the 2nd or 3rd but are they going to be as polised as per say Jake Long???? Now if we went on to sign a veteran like Barry Sims then it makes it more plausible for me to wait until later because Sims has been as starting tackle in this league for a long time. He might not be a very good one but he seems like a hold the fort type of guy.
                    Blue,

No need to defend yourself on the Jake Long thing. He is one of the elite players in the draft. Each of us have our opinions on who the best choice is. I am not in the Chris Long camp myself. I would go VG or Jake before him..

One thing where I disagree with you is that I would not let a Barry Sims signing affect who we draft. He is a journeyman OT who can definitely play for you if you have nothing better, but I would not let that influence my pick at #1. I understand the logic of having him play and developing a lower choice, but if they feel J. Long is the best guy at #1, signing Barry Sims would not make me change that........

Comment

The one and only way I would be content with Jake Long being the pick at # 1 is if I was assured we would be able to get either Calais Campbell or Quentin Groves at #32. That's the thing that scares me the most. This is a deep OT class. Most people say how deep this DE class is, from top to bottom. But it is not full of ELITE-Quality Hybrids. Once you get past Chris Long, Vernon Gholston, Quentin Groves, and maybe Calais (There's a chance he could play there), the drop off is HUGE! And all those guys are 1st round graded guys. There are plenty of OT's graded as solid Round 2 guys, but after the big 4 DE's, the only hybrid that is worthy of a 2nd round pick at all is Cliff Avril. And he is only a LATE 2nd rounder at BEST. And if you ask me, I would rather take the drop off from Jake Long to Gosder Cherilus, than Chris Long to Cliff Avril. Not much difference at all if the first two guys, but in the 2nd two, the gap is HUGE! That's my thinking, whether you agree or not. This is my biggest problem with taking Jake Long.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post

Yeah, those draft experts are ALWAYS right.

Perhaps you can explain the Jake Long LT hate. I don't get it. The guy is a crushing run blocker and gave up 2 sacks in his college career, but isn't a good LT in the pros. Ryan Clady gave up way more than 2 sacks this year alone, yet I'm not hearing anyone question his LT ability.
                        Still waiting.....

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                          Still waiting.....
                          Did you read my above post, I give my full reasoning why I don't want Long at number one, and it has nothing to do with him playing RT or LT.

Oh, and now you've forced me to do it.... I'm definitely giving DeSean to the Eagles in my next mock. Just for you're trolling! :p

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information