I'm doing a Dolphins mock draft and would appreciate some input

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm doing a Dolphins mock draft and would appreciate some input

We're doing a mock draft on another site and I'm the Dolphins. I took Gholston #1 and Cherilus #32. What positions should I address for the rest of the draft? I was thinking Wheeler with the next pick in the 2nd round.

http://www.fvsports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59616

This link is for your reference only. I am not encouraging you to become a member, as you do not need to sign up to view the mock draft thread.

Any advice is appreciated.

If you can trade down a handful of spots and get an extra pick, do it. If not, look at Chilo Rachal, Erin Henderson, James Hardy and Cliff Avril before looking at Wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
      We're doing a mock draft on another site and I'm the Dolphins. I took Gholston #1 and Cherilus #32. What positions should I address for the rest of the draft? I was thinking Wheeler with the next pick in the 2nd round.

http://www.fvsports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59616

This link is for your reference only. I am not encouraging you to become a member, as you do not need to sign up to view the mock draft thread.

Any advice is appreciated.
      Man, I hope we take Gholston and Cherilus with our actual first two picks on April 26th. :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

who makes your sigs thebow?

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
          Man, I hope we take Gholston and Cherilus with our actual first two picks on April 26th. :)
          If you look how it played out, Otah almost fell into my lap.
          Last edited by Unbiased; 04-08-2008, 01:26 PM.

Comment

If you look how it played out, Otah almost fell into my lap.
            Yea I saw that. Kinda disappointed you didn't trade up to get him. Could have dealt down later in the draft to make up for the pick you would have lost trading up for Otah.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
              Yea I saw that. Kinda disappointed you didn't trade up to get him. Could have dealt down later in the draft to make up for the pick you would have lost trading up for Otah.
              Agreed. Otah would have been a great pickup, but Gosder will do just fine.

Comment

Just to update you guys....

I was off for a while so they picked for me. Gave me Wheeler with some quality guys still on the board, but I like him as a prospect. I took Brandon Flowers at the top of the 3rd. We stop after the 4th round. I'll look OG for that pick.

Comment

Here's how it went down:

1. Vernon Gholston, OLB
                  2a. Gosder Cherilus, RT
                  2b. Phillip Wheeler, ILB
                  3. Brandon Flowers, CB
                  4. Eric Young, OG

Comment

Here's how it went down:

1. Vernon Gholston, OLB
                    2a. Gosder Cherilus, RT
                    2b. Phillip Wheeler, ILB
                    3. Brandon Flowers, CB
                    4. Eric Young, OG
                    Solid overall. Would have rather gone like this:

1. Vernon Gholston, OLB
                    2a. Gosder Cherilus, RT
                    2b. Brandon Flowers, CB
                    3. Red Bryant, NT
                    4. Eric Young, OG

So really the only thing I didn't like was taking Wheeler instead of Bryant but outside of that, I think it's a very solid overall draft. Would no mind it at all.

Comment

Here's how it went down:

1. Vernon Gholston, OLB
                      2a. Gosder Cherilus, RT
                      2b. Phillip Wheeler, ILB
                      3. Brandon Flowers, CB
                      4. Eric Young, OG
                      I'd be pretty happy with that draft. I would've liked to get a quality tight end though in the 1st 4 rounds somewhere.

Comment

I'd be pretty happy with that draft. I would've liked to get a quality tight end though in the 1st 4 rounds somewhere.
                        Bennett almost fell to me with the 57th pick. Didn't think it was important enough to trade up for, though. I also just traded JT for pick 109, mainly because I wanted to keep picking. I'm thinking Rubin, Rucker, Finley, or Quentin Demps.

Comment

Bennett almost fell to me with the 57th pick. Didn't think it was important enough to trade up for, though. I also just traded JT for pick 109, mainly because I wanted to keep picking. I'm thinking Rubin, Rucker, Finley, or Quentin Demps.
                          Well stupid trade for JT but w/e, it's just for fun anyways. Definately target Rubin. That will make up for Red Bryant eariler and make Wheeler a better pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                            Well stupid trade for JT but w/e, it's just for fun anyways. Definately target Rubin. That will make up for Red Bryant eariler and make Wheeler a better pick.
                            I'd say Rucker, but Rubin would also be a smart choice, especially this late in the draft.

Comment

I'd say Rucker, but Rubin would also be a smart choice, especially this late in the draft.
                              I went Rucker, before I saw the last two posts, because they're talking about going the full 7 rounds (which ruins the point of the JT trade but oh well). These guys don't pay as much attention to the draft as the posters here, so I'm confident Rubin will be available in the 5th round.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information