Dolphins negotiating with Jake Long

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
    I am surprised you didnt get a heart attack when the news first broke out about Jake Long. Way to keep composed HAHHAHAHA
    I knew it was BS, I know deep down Jake won't be the pick, we have to just wait until the 26th to hear the Commish confirm it. :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
      I knew it was BS, I know deep down Jake won't be the pick, we have to just wait until the 26th to hear the Commish confirm it. :)
      Are you going to be at the draft party?????

Comment

SI's Peter King says that we have Chris, Jake and Vernon all rated very closely and that we are using each of them against get other to get the best contract. We want them to accept money that is 5 percent higher then what the number 4 pick got last year according to King. Seeing as Jake Long could fall to number 3 or 5 if we don't take him. Vernon Gholston could fall as low as 7. They are both said to be open to taking the lowball offer from Miami because if they don't and they slip a little, they could be be making million less then even Miami's low ball offer.

Nice to see Parcells getting creative.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
          SI's Peter King says that we have Chris, Jake and Vernon all rated very closely and that we are using each of them against get other to get the best contract. We want them to accept money that is 5 percent higher then what the number 4 pick got last year according to King. Seeing as Jake Long could fall to number 3 or 5 if we don't take him. Vernon Gholston could fall as low as 7. They are both said to be open to taking the lowball offer from Miami because if they don't and they slip a little, they could be be making million less then even Miami's low ball offer.

Nice to see Parcells getting creative.

Parcells is being real business savy and you have to beleive that Big Wayne is loving every bit of this. Very Very smart move to do this and I'd be happy knowing which ever player we get is going to come at a nice bargain. I'd have to imagine that J.Long and Gholston's numbers would be rather similar due to the fact that they are both represented by the same agency. Once they hammer out there agreements then they will take that to the Chris Long camp and see if they are interested in doing the same deal.
          Last edited by BigBlueCrew56; 04-10-2008, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Parcells is a savvy business guy now and you have to beleive that Big Wayne is loving every bit of this. Very Very smart move to do this and I'd be happy knowing which ever player we get is going to come at a nice bargain.
            Yea, supposedly they are are talking in the area of 25 million guaranteed instaed of 35. Huge difference. Peter King already said that Jake Long is very open to the idea of taking less and Vernon Gholston logically seems to be ok with it as well. The one that might not be ok is Chris Long as even if he doesn't go at number 1 he is likely to go 2 or 4 at the worst so he doesn't stand as much of a drop like Jake (all the way to 5) or Vernon (all the way to 7).

Comment

Also We are talking with Derrick Harvey was well. No one seriously thinks we are looking at him for the number 1 pick tho. I wonder if he is our choice as a 3-4 OLB in this draft and are looking at a trade up in the event he drops some. Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility if he drops to the 20 range (Minnesota at 17??) that maybe we package JT and some picks to go up and get him??

Kinda makes you think. Jake Long and Derrick Harvey would be amazing for our 1st 2 picks.

Comment

Also We are talking with Derrick Harvey was well. No one seriously thinks we are looking at him for the number 1 pick tho. I wonder if he is our choice as a 3-4 OLB in this draft and are looking at a trade up in the event he drops some. Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility if he drops to the 20 range (Minnesota at 17??) that maybe we package JT and some picks to go up and get him??

Kinda makes you think. Jake Long and Derrick Harvey would be amazing for our 1st 2 picks.
                Yes it would, I'd still rather have Groves I think though.

Comment

Are you going to be at the draft party?????
                  Nope. Sorry man. I always watch it at home with a bunch of friends, nothing different this year. How about yourself?

Comment

Parcells is trying to screw Atlanta again...I won't stand for it! Leave Jake alone.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                      Parcells is trying to screw Atlanta again...I won't stand for it! Leave Jake alone.
                      Nothing here is a guarantee. In the end I see Gholston as the pick.

Comment

wow...

If Miami took Gholston at #1 that would sure shake up the first few picks.....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Joe,

I agree that it would be great, but how does JT deal not screw the other team? You pointed out when I suggested getting a 2 and a 4 and couple of moves that it was too much, but now you suggest a #1 pick for him? What kind of deal are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Quagmire View Post
                            Joe,

I agree that it would be great, but how does JT deal not screw the other team? You pointed out when I suggested getting a 2 and a 4 and couple of moves that it was too much, but now you suggest a #1 pick for him? What kind of deal are you talking about?
                            Go re read my post before you jump all over my back man. I said JT and some lower picks.

Comment

WOW thebow get over Vernon Gholston he WILL BE A BUST in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                                WOW thebow get over Vernon Gholston he WILL BE A BUST in the NFL
                                As a 3-4 OLB he's as close to a sure thing as there is available on the defensive side of the ball in this draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information