Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quagmire View Post
    You make it seem like #26 is not a lot to give up.]
    If your a contending team, would you rather give up a mid 1st and 2 3rds for Jared Allen or a low 1st for JT?

So no I don't think it's a outrageous asking price considering what people have already shown they are willing to pay.

As for the trade up from 32 to 26. Mite as well stop bringing it up every other post. All articles including the one your brought up have neve mentioned a trade down and in fact most mention Miami is asking for a 1st rounder but will likely settle for a high 2nd. We are looking to get more picks, not switch places.

btw... you don't need to post me sun-sentinel articles and stuff to try to prove me wrong, I've read them all man. They are local papers, no way I haven't seen it.

Besides what's so crazy about me thinking they could get a late 1st if reports are we are asking for a mid 1st and then we will only get a 2nd. My projection is right in the middle of what we are asking and what people are offering. It's compromise. It's not anywhere near as crazy as 4 QBs in round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
      If your a contending team, would you rather give up a mid 1st and 2 3rds for Jared Allen or a low 1st for JT?

So no I don't think it's a outrageous asking price considering what people have already shown they are willing to pay.

As for the trade up from 32 to 26. Mite as well stop bringing it up every other post. All articles including the one your brought up have neve mentioned a trade down and in fact most mention Miami is asking for a 1st rounder but will likely settle for a high 2nd. We are looking to get more picks, not switch places.

btw... you don't need to post me sun-sentinel articles and stuff to try to prove me wrong, I've read them all man. They are local papers, no way I haven't seen it.

Besides what's so crazy about me thinking they could get a late 1st if reports are we are asking for a mid 1st and then we will only get a 2nd. My projection is right in the middle of what we are asking and what people are offering. It's compromise. It's not anywhere near as crazy as 4 QBs in round 1.
      Joe,

If you are asking me if I would take Jared Allen over Jason Taylor at this age if the price was equal, the answer is YES. Allen is a better player than Taylor right now. Now, in no way would I have given up the $$ and picks that Minnesota did, but if all things were equal, I take the 26 yr old in his prime.

Everyone is saying that teams basically don't want to give a 2 let alone a 1. I could ask for $20,000 for my 2002 Dodge stratus, but there is no chance I am getting it....

I am not trying to prove you or anyone wrong, just posting an article that I think nailed the need to trade Taylor. Not everyone is in Florida or reads the website for the papers.. If I want to post them, it is because I think it is informative.

IF you still think my 4 qb thing is outrageous, then you obviously have not seen that the interest in Henne and Flacco is skyrocketing. I am more confident than ever about it happening. I think the Jags dropping 6 spots and giving another pick is 10 times more realistic than a 1 straight up for Taylor. Trust me, I hope you are right because we should laugh all the way to the podium if they pull that off.

Comment

Originally posted by Quagmire View Post
        Joe,

If you are asking me if I would take Jared Allen over Jason Taylor at this age if the price was equal, the answer is YES. Allen is a better player than Taylor right now. Now, in no way would I have given up the $$ and picks that Minnesota did, but if all things were equal, I take the 26 yr old in his prime.

Everyone is saying that teams basically don't want to give a 2 let alone a 1. I could ask for $20,000 for my 2002 Dodge stratus, but there is no chance I am getting it....

I am not trying to prove you or anyone wrong, just posting an article that I think nailed the need to trade Taylor. Not everyone is in Florida or reads the website for the papers.. If I want to post them, it is because I think it is informative.

IF you still think my 4 qb thing is outrageous, then you obviously have not seen that the interest in Henne and Flacco is skyrocketing. I am more confident than ever about it happening. I think the Jags dropping 6 spots and giving another pick is 10 times more realistic than a 1 straight up for Taylor. Trust me, I hope you are right because we should laugh all the way to the podium if they pull that off.
        I'm kind of thinking that 4 QB's is not so unreasonable anymore. I could definitely see 2 or 3. I just hope we aren't one of them that makes the 3rd or 4th one. That would suck.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information