Jake Long is a Miami Dolphin!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Long is a Miami Dolphin!!!

Its official. Jake Long is our pick. Signed a 5 yr contract today. I think the majority of us wanted a trade down,which obviously was not a realistic option. At the end of the day, I would probably have taken Gholston, but Long is a close 2nd in that race for me. Now they have 4/5 of their line set and can work to acquire depth and a potential starter at LG. Time to start thinking about pick #32 and more importantly, trading Jason Taylor. They need picks. I would seriously lower their draft grade an entire grade if they don't trade him. It is that important they acquire more picks.

Jake Long is a Miami Dolphin!!!

Cant even explain how happy I am that the big boy from Ann Arbor is going to be in a Miami Dolphin uniform. I just want to take the time out to tell a few board members a couple of things. I TOLD YOU SO HAHAHHAHAHAHHA and I TOLD YOU SO HAHAHHAHAHA. Now lets enjoy this together WOOOO-HOOOOOO!
    Last edited by BigBlueCrew56; 04-22-2008, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
      Cant even explain how happy I am that the big boy from Ann Arbor is going to be in a Miami Dolphin uniform. I just want to take the time out to tell a few board members a couple of things. I TOLD YOU SO HAHAHHAHAHAHHA and I TOLD YOU SO HAHAHHAHAHA. Now lets enjoy this together WOOOO-HOOOOOO!
      Thought you left Blue. Haven't seen you here in a while. We must have posted at the same time. Congrats on being the first on this board to say it. I am glad too. I think it is a good thing. Lets hope the rest of the draft goes as well and that they can Taylor out of there for some picks...

Comment

I have been really busy lately and there really wasnt much left for me to post. Everyone knew why I thought Jake Long was the pick so all that was left was to sit back and wait for his named to be called. I have been fighting the good fight for Jake Long since February. Now it's a reality. I think it's time to quit my day job and get into some real scouting HHAHAHAHA. Yah right!
        Last edited by BigBlueCrew56; 04-22-2008, 02:23 PM.

Comment

It's really time to focus on that 2nd pick now. I am really pulling for Quentin Groves with the top pick in the 2nd. Actually what I am hoping for is a trade of that 1st round graded 2nd round pick for more picks. We have set ourselves up now to draft BPA for the rest of the draft since we really dont have to worry so much about the line. Now dont get me wrong I still think the regime will draft atleast two more offensive lineman. Probably somewhere around the 5th round. We still need to draft another guard and possibly another project Tackle to groom behind Carey just in case he gets any ideas of leaving via free agency.
          Last edited by BigBlueCrew56; 04-22-2008, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Blue,
            If Groves was there at #32, it would be a miracle. I just don't see it. That would be the ideal scenario. They could be thinking QB there, (though I predict there will be none there worth taking) but my guess is a best player available pick with emphasis on defensive front 7. Pat Sims from Auburn may be a guy there. Maybe a Dan Connor or Curtis Lofton at ILB. I would really love if Philip Merling was to fall all the way down there, though I really see no chance of that happening. I think he can be a prototype Richard Seymour style 3-4 DE.

I will also throw WR out there again. We really need help there and I don't see too many going in round 1.......

Either way, they need some more picks from a Taylor deal to really make an impact with this draft.. Lets hope that happens....

Comment

Originally posted by Quagmire View Post
              Blue,
              If Groves was there at #32, it would be a miracle. I just don't see it. That would be the ideal scenario. They could be thinking QB there, (though I predict there will be none there worth taking) but my guess is a best player available pick with emphasis on defensive front 7. Pat Sims from Auburn may be a guy there. Maybe a Dan Connor or Curtis Lofton at ILB. I would really love if Philip Merling was to fall all the way down there, though I really see no chance of that happening. I think he can be a prototype Richard Seymour style 3-4 DE.

I will also throw WR out there again. We really need help there and I don't see too many going in round 1.......

Either way, they need some more picks from a Taylor deal to really make an impact with this draft.. Lets hope that happens....

We certainly need some major help in the middle. I like Torbor but I dont think he is an every down linebacker. Dan Connor seems like the hard nosed guy that Parcells likes but does he fit in the middle of the 3-4????

I know we are all juming on Groves but lets not forget guys like Lawrence Jackson or Cliff Avril who will probably have a chance at being there with the late 2nd round pick. I also really like Phillip Wheeler who always seemed to play like a mad man against the U.
              Last edited by BigBlueCrew56; 04-22-2008, 02:42 PM.

Comment

We certainly need some major help in the middle. I like Torbor but I dont think he is an every down linebacker. Dan Connor seems like the hard nosed guy that Parcells likes but does he fit in the middle of the 3-4????
                I think Parcells would want nothing more than to take two guys like Jake Long and Dan Connor with the Phins first two picks. Those seem like a couple of great players to rebuild a franchise with on both sides of the ball. I think Connor would be a great get for you guys.

Comment

I've long thought Connor could be an early target as well. We'll see.

I think we'll be seeing another OL before round 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

Someone like Duane Brown would be perfect in the 4th round if he is there because he has experience playing both L and R Tackle. We need someone who is flexible along the line.

Comment

Someone like Duane Brown would be perfect in the 4th round if he is there because he has experience playing both L and R Tackle. We need someone who is flexible along the line.
                      Blue,

I don't think Brown makes it out of round 2. I am thinking they may go G in early round 4. Maybe John Greco or Mike McGlynn. Both fit the big, tough OL they like and I think both (especially McGlynn) could be backup RT's while starting at LG. Also, do not rule out Chilo Rachal if he makes it to low round 2. That would set up our starting OL for a long time. This draft may wind up having an offensive feel to it because of the depth at the TE and WR positions in rounds 2 to 4 as well...

Comment

Agreed that Connor may fit the profile. I agree. One more OL picked by the fourth rd at the latest.....

Comment

agreed, I want a big time guard,

Lets build these damn oline and dline till people are afraid to play us. I want to dominate the line of scrimage. If Ronnie brown cant run and stay healthy behind this line now we will know it is him that is the issue not the line.

This is the first time since webb and sims that I have felt positive about the miami oline

I am very happy for this pick.

Then again I am the guy that last year got into arguements saying I wanted levi brown for months on end, when folks told me he would be a reach t number 9 hehe. My believe is simple.

Every super bowl miami has gone to contained a HoF olineman. I think we need that caliber oline to get our butts back there

Comment

who do you guys have now

Long
                            Smiley
                            Stalete(sp)
                            some guy
                            Some guy who was picked three years ago.

Comment

Vernon Carey is going to be a probowl RT he isnt just some guy that signed three years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information