Taylor blowing off team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor blowing off team

Well, I am going to do a big I told you so right now. I stated on this BB numerous times before draft day that a trade needed to happen and he would be a huge distraction. That it would be addition by subtraction for a rebuilding team. Well, that time has come with the news that JT refuses to show up for any team activity and has demanded a trade. I am sure that is going to help his trade value right now. The new regime really screwed the pooch on this one. If they had been realistic in their demands, they would already have a piece or two for the future. Instead, they now have a disgruntled veteran who looks more and more like a primadonna. Like I said back in my earlier posts, he would be a distraction and it has been proven correct (much earlier than I expected). Expect him to demand to be traded to a contender with a national profile. Smells to me like Dallas is his goal, but now we will get s##t for him. Major screwup by the trifecta........

Has he mentioned any reason for why he is doing this right now? But i do agree for the most part with your statement, if we could of gotten a 2nd for him i don't know why we would not of done that it's not like we are really going to be winning any time soon and adding another good young player would of helped us in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by fotbll36 View Post
      Has he mentioned any reason for why he is doing this right now? But i do agree for the most part with your statement, if we could of gotten a 2nd for him i don't know why we would not of done that it's not like we are really going to be winning any time soon and adding another good young player would of helped us in the long run.
      He wants a ring.
      DeAngelo Hall looks like James Harden.

Comment

Originally posted by Quagmire View Post
        Well, I am going to do a big I told you so right now. I stated on this BB numerous times before draft day that a trade needed to happen and he would be a huge distraction. That it would be addition by subtraction for a rebuilding team. Well, that time has come with the news that JT refuses to show up for any team activity and has demanded a trade. I am sure that is going to help his trade value right now. The new regime really screwed the pooch on this one. If they had been realistic in their demands, they would already have a piece or two for the future. Instead, they now have a disgruntled veteran who looks more and more like a primadonna. Like I said back in my earlier posts, he would be a distraction and it has been proven correct (much earlier than I expected). Expect him to demand to be traded to a contender with a national profile. Smells to me like Dallas is his goal, but now we will get s##t for him. Major screwup by the trifecta........
        Wait, I'm failing to see the huge distraction. Huge media story? Definately. Distraction? No way. He constantly talks with his teammates, and they all say how they get along with him and it doesn't seem like any of them give a crap that he's not there. Add to the fact that the trifecta cut off the media most the players, the practices and that the team now refuses to comment on JT. I'm willing to bet its a pretty big none story at OTAs because the trifecta is not letting any information get in or out of that place.

As for your rant about having a piece or two for the future. Have you read the reports? I'll try to find the article for you and post it. The highest concrete offer Miami got for him was a 4th round pick. Not the 2nd plus more that we were speculating after the draft. Sources came out after saying that the reason he wasn't dealt was because we were only offered a 4th and the team would rather call his bluff and have him on the team then trade him for a 4th. I agree with that.

You really need to stop bashing the the FO. There's nothing wrong with how the FO is handling this. JT is under contract, he is expected to show up. If he wants to crying and whine like a little baby about being traded and miss practice then that's his problem. The FO shouldn't be forced to trade him for less then he's worth because he is complaining. Instead the FO is doing exactly what it should be doing, cutting off the information that is getting thrown around, distancing themselves from him and concentrating on the players in camp. The team is full of grown men, they are perfectly capable of handling their business without JT and you set a bad president if you start trading guys who whine and complain.

I'm with the FO here. You don't trade JT for a 4th just because he isn't happy. He signed the contract. So deal with it. I bet he comes out and plays for us and has a big year before he ever retires. And I promise you this isn't nearly the distraction in the locker room you are making it out to be. He is talking and getting along with all his teammates just fine. The are professional and know to let him handle his business.

Comment

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/c..._bound_to.html

There's the article. Washing was interested. Some team offered a 4th. Jacksonville was thought to have offered a 4th as well and TB never had a concrete deal on the table. We weren't even close to getting a 3rd for him and you think we could get 2 pieces for the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
            http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/c..._bound_to.html

There's the article. Washing was interested. Some team offered a 4th. Jacksonville was thought to have offered a 4th as well and TB never had a concrete deal on the table. We weren't even close to getting a 3rd for him and you think we could get 2 pieces for the future?
            That's interesting.

I hope you are right about him coming back to us and having a great year! I really do. I could easily see him retiring, I just hope that's not the case.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Im sorry but that thread title just made me crack up...

Comment

Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                Im sorry but that thread title just made me crack up...
                How old are you?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                  How old are you?
                  22 as far as earth years go...

Comment

Wait, I'm failing to see the huge distraction. Huge media story? Definately. Distraction? No way. He constantly talks with his teammates, and they all say how they get along with him and it doesn't seem like any of them give a crap that he's not there. Add to the fact that the trifecta cut off the media most the players, the practices and that the team now refuses to comment on JT. I'm willing to bet its a pretty big none story at OTAs because the trifecta is not letting any information get in or out of that place.

As for your rant about having a piece or two for the future. Have you read the reports? I'll try to find the article for you and post it. The highest concrete offer Miami got for him was a 4th round pick. Not the 2nd plus more that we were speculating after the draft. Sources came out after saying that the reason he wasn't dealt was because we were only offered a 4th and the team would rather call his bluff and have him on the team then trade him for a 4th. I agree with that.

You really need to stop bashing the the FO. There's nothing wrong with how the FO is handling this. JT is under contract, he is expected to show up. If he wants to crying and whine like a little baby about being traded and miss practice then that's his problem. The FO shouldn't be forced to trade him for less then he's worth because he is complaining. Instead the FO is doing exactly what it should be doing, cutting off the information that is getting thrown around, distancing themselves from him and concentrating on the players in camp. The team is full of grown men, they are perfectly capable of handling their business without JT and you set a bad president if you start trading guys who whine and complain.

I'm with the FO here. You don't trade JT for a 4th just because he isn't happy. He signed the contract. So deal with it. I bet he comes out and plays for us and has a big year before he ever retires. And I promise you this isn't nearly the distraction in the locker room you are making it out to be. He is talking and getting along with all his teammates just fine. The are professional and know to let him handle his business.
                    Of course you're with the FO, Joe. You are their biggest apologist. They can do no wrong. If Randy Mueller had done the same thing, you would be bashing him for it.

If the best offer they got was a #4 this past yr, there is no way they could have not had a conditional pick next yr as part of it. I really don't care what articles you show me. Everytime I have brought up an article or quote, you try to find a way to discredit it. I will do the same with what I have seen from you. There are no facts to prove it either way. I do know that they were stupid enough to ask for a #1 which immediately turned teams off... If they had shown they were willing to deal, there is NO way they could not have gotten at least a #3 this past yr, if not a low #2.

If you are telling me this is not a distraction, dream on. This is the definition of a distraction waiting to happen. Not a big deal until training camp, but once it opens, it will be the lead story every day until he shows up.

The Trifecta have done a pretty good job this offeason and the future will be good here. But this is a major screwup. Period...

Comment

Of course you're with the FO, Joe. You are their biggest apologist. They can do no wrong. If Randy Mueller had done the same thing, you would be bashing him for it.

If the best offer they got was a #4 this past yr, there is no way they could have not had a conditional pick next yr as part of it. I really don't care what articles you show me. Everytime I have brought up an article or quote, you try to find a way to discredit it. I will do the same with what I have seen from you. There are no facts to prove it either way. I do know that they were stupid enough to ask for a #1 which immediately turned teams off... If they had shown they were willing to deal, there is NO way they could not have gotten at least a #3 this past yr, if not a low #2.

If you are telling me this is not a distraction, dream on. This is the definition of a distraction waiting to happen. Not a big deal until training camp, but once it opens, it will be the lead story every day until he shows up.

The Trifecta have done a pretty good job this offeason and the future will be good here. But this is a major screwup. Period...
                      Dude, until you bring me something that shows the FO got an offer good enough to trade JT for then I'm on there side. If they turned a 2nd and 5th like we had thought might have happened then yes your right, they screwed up. But they have only been offered a 4th. Trading JT for a 4th is lunacy.

You keep trying to blame them for something they have no control over. Your saying it's their fault because they are asking for a 1st and that's what's costing them a chance to trade him because it is scaring off teams. That's a theory. You think teams are being scared off. I see no reason why if Miami is asking for a 1st, some team wouldn't come and say "well we can offer a 2nd but that's it". But that didn't happen. They were offered a 4th.

Your bashing and blaming the team for not getting a good pick for him but they were never offered a good pick for him.

Either way, this is my last post on the issue. It's stupid to argue with you. You bash the FO mindless on this issue for no reason.

How any real Dolphins fan that has followed JT's career and seen the impact he makes can get mad and insult the FO for wanting to keep JT on the team when they didn't get the offer they wanted is beyond me.

Comment

Dude, until you bring me something that shows the FO got an offer good enough to trade JT for then I'm on there side. If they turned a 2nd and 5th like we had thought might have happened then yes your right, they screwed up. But they have only been offered a 4th. Trading JT for a 4th is lunacy.

You keep trying to blame them for something they have no control over. Your saying it's their fault because they are asking for a 1st and that's what's costing them a chance to trade him because it is scaring off teams. That's a theory. You think teams are being scared off. I see no reason why if Miami is asking for a 1st, some team wouldn't come and say "well we can offer a 2nd but that's it". But that didn't happen. They were offered a 4th.

Your bashing and blaming the team for not getting a good pick for him but they were never offered a good pick for him.

Either way, this is my last post on the issue. It's stupid to argue with you. You bash the FO mindless on this issue for no reason.

How any real Dolphins fan that has followed JT's career and seen the impact he makes can get mad and insult the FO for wanting to keep JT on the team when they didn't get the offer they wanted is beyond me.
                        Their whole approach in this matter has been wrong from the start. Now, according to the Palm Beach Post, they are still asking for a #1. You tell me if that is not stupid.

What impact he is going to make going forward? He was already a lesser player last yr and will continue to get worse.

If they did not have a ridiculous price tag to start, they would have gotten a deal done. It is their stubbornness that has caused this to escalate. Talk to me again when he does not show for training camp and decides he would rather hang out in California than go thru 2 a days. Maybe then you will finally admit they actually made a mistake in not trading him........

Trust me, I am a real Dolphin fan who knows that they suck and need to get better, WITH PICKS!! Not a 34 yr old wannabe actor.........

Comment

Please read Matt Mosley's column on hashmarks 6/2... Says it perfect, as I paraphrase: Taylor asked to be traded this offseason and Parcells' hardline stance prevented that from happening.

Comment

Please read Matt Mosley's column on hashmarks 6/2... Says it perfect, as I paraphrase: Taylor asked to be traded this offseason and Parcells' hardline stance prevented that from happening.
                            Except that if you listened to a word Jason Taylor said during his press conference you will know that's not the case. JT himself said he would like to play for a contender in 2008 but that he has never privately or publicly requested a trade and that he has a contract with Miami and is open to remaining with the Miami Dolphins.

Are you in the business of ignoring JT himself just to reach your own conclusions now? You should know about Matt Mosley by now. He is a huge Cowboy fan and covered the Cowboys for most of his career before joining ESPN. He has been big in the JT to Dallas cause. Please take what he says with a grain of salt. He's one of the most biased writers out there.

JT himself also said he met with Ireland and Sparano at his golf event and that everything went well and that he gets along with them. JT has only met Parcells once for 5 mintues. All we know is that they don't talk often if at all, everything else about trade demands and hard line stances are BS being blown up by the media. It's pretty hard to demand a trade and get responses from a person you don't speak to.

It's people like you that blow this up into the media mess that it is. You keep beating a dead horse over and over. Come TC, JT will be there, he will play his hardest and he will be a professional just like he always has been. The team will be better for it. End of story. There's no back and forth bickering and distractions like you seem to believe. There's only JT doing his thing, the Dolphins doing their thing and the media blowing it up into a huge story. When the time comes, JT will sit with Parcells and Ireland and things will be worked out and that will be the end of it. Until then, stop bitching and moaning.

Comment

Except that if you listened to a word Jason Taylor said during his press conference you will know that's not the case. JT himself said he would like to play for a contender in 2008 but that he has never privately or publicly requested a trade and that he has a contract with Miami and is open to remaining with the Miami Dolphins.

Are you in the business of ignoring JT himself just to reach your own conclusions now? You should know about Matt Mosley by now. He is a huge Cowboy fan and covered the Cowboys for most of his career before joining ESPN. He has been big in the JT to Dallas cause. Please take what he says with a grain of salt. He's one of the most biased writers out there.

JT himself also said he met with Ireland and Sparano at his golf event and that everything went well and that he gets along with them. JT has only met Parcells once for 5 mintues. All we know is that they don't talk often if at all, everything else about trade demands and hard line stances are BS being blown up by the media. It's pretty hard to demand a trade and get responses from a person you don't speak to.

It's people like you that blow this up into the media mess that it is. You keep beating a dead horse over and over. Come TC, JT will be there, he will play his hardest and he will be a professional just like he always has been. The team will be better for it. End of story. There's no back and forth bickering and distractions like you seem to believe. There's only JT doing his thing, the Dolphins doing their thing and the media blowing it up into a huge story. When the time comes, JT will sit with Parcells and Ireland and things will be worked out and that will be the end of it. Until then, stop bitching and moaning.
                              Everytime someone other than you quotes a writer, he has an agenda.. King is a shill, Mosley is a Dallas guy, ENOUGH. Seriously, you always have to be the Trifecta's bodyguard. What good is having a 34 yr old LB for the future of this franchise? NONE... He has a press conference which was a big PR event for his image. Read between the lines, he said he wants out. Open to being traded for a contender. He also killed any possible value by saying he would only play one more yr. If they had not had the hardline stance, we would have had a player for the future instead of one for the past. Dolphin fans have a right to ***** and moan about this because they screwed up huge in not trading him. Maybe you should stop worshipping the ground that Tuna walks on and admit that they screwed the pooch on this one..... Get over the fact that not every decision they made is a great one.......

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information