No announcement yet.

2010 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think about if we stay at 12 drafting a guy like Earl Thomas to help fill our FS void right now to help out our secondary?

Comment

Catch,

I think they need to find a way to move down. They need to fill numerous holes and having those picks in rds 2 to 4 is the way to do it..

Comment

Hey guys, how's it going? Long time no see.

With the addition of Marshall, my desire to take Bryant is non-existent which is good because I was really wanting to see us go after the defense and get that taken care of. I love our depth at Corner right now, but Safety, Linebacker and D-Line are all question marks. My ideal scenario sees us trading back to recoup a pick and take Earl Thomas late Round 1. I'm never one to bank on a trade happening though so I wouldn't be thrilled to see us take him at 12 and while he'd be somewhat of a reach himself, if we stay at 12 I would be very happy with Dan Williams. I'd rather reach for a Nose Tackle than a safety and getting Williams means we wouldn't have to duct tape a guy in there. Kindle is probably 2nd on my list right now but I think NT is a bigger need.

Comment

Wow, this board is crazy dead for the day before the draft..

My final thoughts...

I really hope they can trade out of 12 and get back a #2. The quality of players in the 2nd rd is amazing...

If they don't deal, my ideal pick would be Jason Pierre-Paul. I don't think he makes it there though... Maybe a Kindle or Hughes otherwise. Need the pass rusher.

I have been reading the Ryan Mathews name associated with Miami. Not sure how true it is, but that would definitely mean Brown is a goner..

Need a gamebreaking returner in this draft. Preferably a DB who can be a Nate Jones type player while returning kicks.

The greedy part of me wants to keep drafting offense, but the smart part of me says that they really need front 7 help on D..

Thoughts?

Comment

I wouldn't want to see us get Matthews at all. RB is the last of our concerns. We need to re-tool on D, our offence is coming along fine, Henne is a very good prospect, our O-Line played very well last season, we've got a stud WR with a fairly steady supporting cast and our running game is one of the league's best. Right now I think our three biggest needs are at Linebacker, Nose Tackle and Safety. If we address any of those with our first pick I'll be happy.

Comment

Kindle->Morgan->JPP at 12. I'd be really disappointed with Spiller or Williams. I think we get a pass rusher and a NT within the first 3 rounds, a FS too if we manage to trade down. Kindle/Cam Thomas, maybe Hughes/Burnett/Thomas if we get lucky. Definitely want to see a lot of defense. Wouldn't be shocked to see Ronnie be moved, don't want to go RB that early though, I'd be down for Gerhart though, if not just go with Ricky/Hilliard next year. Lot of different scenarios could play out the next few days, can't wait to see what happens.

And hi btw 4U2NV!

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                Kindle->Morgan->JPP at 12. I'd be really disappointed with Spiller or Williams. I think we get a pass rusher and a NT within the first 3 rounds, a FS too if we manage to trade down. Kindle/Cam Thomas, maybe Hughes/Burnett/Thomas if we get lucky. Definitely want to see a lot of defense. Wouldn't be shocked to see Ronnie be moved, don't want to go RB that early though, I'd be down for Gerhart though, if not just go with Ricky/Hilliard next year. Lot of different scenarios could play out the next few days, can't wait to see what happens.

And hi btw 4U2NV!
                Hey guru, nice to see ya man!

I would be very disappointed with Spiller as well and for some reason I'm just not getting a good vibe on Morgan. Gut feeling maybe? So, I wouldn't be really happy with either pick but would be furious with Spiller.

I'm curious as to why you would be disappointed with Williams though. For me, a team is built in the trenches (after QB of course) and when you run a 3-4 the most important piece is who your NT is and I'm not sold on any of the guys we have currently. If we still had our 2nds then I might be more willing to hold off and hope that Cody falls, but I think if Williams is there, we have to take him and built from there out.

That said, I wouldn't be upset with Kindle either as we do need to establish our pass rush. (I think Cam Wake will be a beast btw...saw him play a bunch as a BC Lion and even met him a few times, dude's a sick athlete, an absolute freak)

Comment

Has nothing to do with NT, just Williams. I agree NT is a huge need, which is why I don't want Williams. He's a big body but not nearly strong enough to be a dominant run stuffer. He consistently gets blown up by double teams in college. I don't like taking one of these guys in the first 3 rounds that you're not 100% sure is going to be a great fit. I think Cam Thomas has the ability to be a good starting NT in our defense, but other than him and Cody (who I don't see us being in the range to pick) I don't particularly like anyone for NT early. I wouldn't hate not adding a NT because I think you don't want to reach on someone there because there isn't much you can do with a NT that doesn't work out.

I think Wake at wlb and Kindle/Morgan at slb is a really nice combo.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

Kindle is more explosive and I can see him getting better over the years. He's 250 now and can move around well, if we can get him up to 265 or so he'd be a monster pass rusher.

Morgan isn't as explosive and looks slower than Kindle on tape. Looks like an average 4-3 DE to me. There is no chance Morgan can play upright in the league.

Comment

Just like everyone else, my final hope if to trade down and recoup a 2nd rounder but if it stays as is, I'd hope we'd take Morgan or Kindle there. I am also not really a big fan of Williams in our system. The only early-to-mid round guys that I like for our scheme are Cody (who I think we are out of range for although if the Eagles gave us 24 and 37 we would be) and Troup who isn't as big as we like em but he's very stout and has commanded double teams throughout college. After those two (I'm personally not really a fan of Thomas), I wouldn't touch anyone until guys like Granger, Mullins, and Ivey late.

Personally, I'd be extremely disappointed with JPP and disappointed with Dan Williams or Earl Thomas at 12.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I wouldn't be that upset with JPP. I think this coaching staff would be able to help him realize his potential. I think if he goes to a place like Oakland for example, he'll be a bust but teams like us, Tennessee or Atlanta could get the most out of him.

I am warming up to the idea of getting Sergio Kindle now. I have a gut feeling about Morgan not panning out as we want even if he ends up being a decent player it won't be worth the 12th overall pick.

Comment

Geez, it's even dead on here on Draft Day! What do you guys think of the rumors about the Eagles moving up to 12?

Comment

Wow...just reading Rick Gosselin's mock draft and he's got us taking Demaryius Thomas at 12. I would be livid if that happened! Given the depth at the WR position and all of our needs on D, that would be as wasteful a pick as I've seen in a long time.

Comment

So Jared Odrick. I personally like the pick. Not really a need or a sexy pick, but he does add talent and can play a bunch of positions in different fronts. Plus we get a 2nd back.

Comment

I'm quite happy with the pick. I think the trade down was a brilliant move to get us more picks (especially a 2nd) and I trust our coaching staff to get the most out of Odrick's ability. I was hoping for Kindle, but with him falling out of the 1st round a lot of other teams saw something they didn't like obviously and I trust this regime when it comes to drafting players. If this was the Cam Cameron - Randy Mueller regime I would be skeptical but I trust what Parcells is doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information