No announcement yet.

2010 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't Randy Starks and Kendall Langford legit starters with Merling behind them? I just don't know why you guys took Odrick in the first and I was seeing if I could get any insight, I'm not hating I just would've liked him to be there at the top of round 2 if the Pats tried to move up

Comment

Odrick is a very good player and is the prototype 3-4 Five Technique. It just happens that position is arguably the most solid and deepest on our team. So the only disappointment here is that he doesn't fill a need and won't be an immediate starter, which is what I was hoping to get out of our first round pick. He was probably one the only guys we could have taken at 28 that would have made me upset.

That being said, I could definitely see Merling being dealt at some point, which has been mentioned a time or two. If we do, and if that was the intention all along, then this pick makes a LITTLE more sense for me. I just don't understand this really at all to be completely honest. But it does help that we got the 40th pick and 4th rounder in that trade down, because believe me, if we took Odrick at 12, I would have been much more upset than I am right now.

Here's to hoping we land one of the first round talents (Kindle, Griffen, Tate, Benn, Cody or even Burnett) at #40.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Idk how to feel about this pick. I didn't consider DE to be a major need but at the same time I'm happy we got a guy I really like and I love that we now have 2 Penn Staters but with Kindle still there...what we do at 40 will play a major factor in how I feel about it.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The Dolphins are actively taking about trades, and many of them.

One player that's been discussed with Miami is Dallas receiver Sam Hurd, whom the Cowboys are actively looking to move after selecting Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant with the draft's 24th pick.

Hurd, whom this regime signed as an undrafted free agent in 2006 during their tenure with the Cowboys, caught just seven passes for 121 yards and one touchdown last season. He's produced 31 receptions for 510 yards and two touchdowns in his four season with the Cowboys. But more importantly he's a core special teams contributor.
          You dont really need him but, he'd make a good 2 or 3 for you guys, if allowed the opportunity. He was one of BP's favorites in Dallas and looking for a real chance somewhere. You guys are pretty crowded there, though so it probably wont happen. But BP is at least looking into it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

John Jerry is a perfect fit for you nice pick

Comment

Randy Starks is being moved to NT, which is a move I like, makes the Odrick pick a very good one. I really liked the fit, just wasn't sure about the need, which is now somewhat there.

I really like Misi, would have preferred Kindle there but I guess the knee issues are pretty serious. Misi is a good fit opposite Wake. If Wake develops into a big time pass rusher, makes Misi's ability in space and such that more valuable.

Like the Jerry pick as well, Smiley is definitely gone and Jerry is a great run blocker. Really like the first 3 picks. FS wasn't addressed but with Allen and Burnett going before our picks I don't mind not getting a guy. Hopefully we can bring in someone to compete with Clemons tomorrow. Maybe a CB who can also return kicks as well, a Cox or Franks type. TE, maybe RB, another pass rusher. A lot of picks late, hopefully we can pick up some more talent.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

I agree about Odrick and Misi, very good fits. Not an exciting draft at all, but filled some needs and added some solid depth. VERY excited for Reshad Jones though. Could be our long term answer at FS.

Also, I think this draft shows that Crowder's time in Miami may be coming to an end. Maybe not this year, but I don't see him on the team past this season.

Comment

They signed Crowder to a 3 year extension last year, I doubt taking a "nickel linebacker" in the 4th round is going to make them cut him with a year left on his deal. Edds gives them depth inside and lets then move Dansby around depending on the situation.

Loves the Jones pick as well, hopefully he can give Clemons some competition. Got some LB depth as well, Carroll has some nice tools, hopefully he can stay healthy and compete. Solid draft overall, a lot of depth on defense.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

I'm really not that familiar with any of the guys we got aside from Odrick but I like what I hear about guys like Misi especially. I do like the positions drafted too, we were in bad need of some re-tooling on Defence and Parcells and Ireland made sure it happened. Next year we can focus on adding some more weapons for Henne.

Comment

The Dolphins are a hard team to project in the draft this year. If they stay put a #15, what players/positions should they target?

Comment

Well the obvious ones would be Quarterback if one of the big ones fall to us, then the other would be running back if Ingram is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch_23 View Post
                          Well the obvious ones would be Quarterback if one of the big ones fall to us, then the other would be running back if Ingram is there.
                          Yup. Basically the offense needs a complete revamping. We need a new QB, RB, a playmaking TE and a better #2 to take some pressure off Marshall. Not to mention some more OL depth and maybe a starting OG if Incognito sticks at Center.

Ugh.

Comment

Yea complete revamping is almost an understatement at this point our offense was awful this year we basically need help everywhere and that could be a little tough this year without a 2nd rounder so hopefully we can find a little help via fre agency.

Comment

Signing Vince Young, Zach Miller, Carl Nicks, Ryan Kalil and Mike Sims-Walker would be a nice start. :)

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                                Signing Vince Young, Zach Miller, Carl Nicks, Ryan Kalil and Mike Sims-Walker would be a nice start. :)
                                Why would you want a mentally weak QB who is trash?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information