No announcement yet.

2011 Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on board with dumping Merling off if someone would give us a late round pick for him (5th-6th). I'd love to see McDaniel back but I get the sense that someone will give him more money/years than us since he's shown versatility to play all three spots on the 34 at a high level.

As for what we do with Odrick, he would be the top reserve and would see tons of PT as Starks would still slide inside on passing downs and he would spell Langford and Starks at the DE spots. I think as long as we bring Soliai back, our DL will be fine because I like Robert Rose and Chris Baker as developmental guys on the bottom of the roster and we'll be a good 4 deep above them with Odrick, Starks, Soliai, and Langford, 5 if we bring back either Merling or McDaniel.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

"Let me tell you this and take it however way you want," Canter said, "If the Dolphins don't pay Paul Soliai, there will be plenty of other teams lining up to sign him as a free agent, I know that ..."

Alrightie then.

That sentiment came within the context of productive, professional talks with the Dolphins, according to Canter, who was quite complimentary of Miami general manager Jeff Ireland. In fact, Canter said he spoke with Ireland earlier this week and the two plan to talk again in Indianapolis during the NFL combine late next week.

Canter did not discuss numbers or specifics of the negotiation with me. I know, however, through a Soliai family source that Miami has made the nose tackle several contract offers. The latest, interestingly, about 10 days ago was a one-year offer.
      http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...situation.html

I sure hope Ireland isnt gonna be cheap towards Soliai, we need the guy to anchor the middle.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

Da-Phins you know the girl in your sig is on the Amazing Race right?

Anyway the reason I came in was to say it looks like Plax wants to play for you guys. Would you take him?
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Its also the same girl that I see on my dick every nite. High five for me!

As for your question, Plax would be a huge risk and I dont view it as a smart move. No doubt him and Marshall would make a great duo and with Bess working the slot, that would smell trouble for defenses. But both have big head egos and always like to ***** so doubt it would work long term. Marshall already acted like a baby several times last year cause he didnt feel like he was getting the ball enough. But If we had a real QB and a type of offense that likes to throw it around then I would certainly take that risk.
          Last edited by Da-Phins; 02-21-2011, 03:25 PM.

Comment

I don't really view Plax as a huge risk personally. I don't really see us attempting to sign him however as this regime has been pretty anti problem children. I'd really have to Plax work out too because what we really need is a deep threat and if he lost any of his speed, which wasn't elite in the first place, he wouldn't really be what we need.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'd be alright with us signing Plax. Always been a big fan. A little bit of a risk, but HUGE reward.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Jason La Canfora Dolphins place franchise tag on DT Paul Soliai.

WOOOOOT. He was priority one. Now we can address the interior line and get some speed on offense and we'll be good to go. haha

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Smart move by Ireland and company. One less need to worry about. I really like the guy but I do wonder rather or not if he is the type of player who just turns it on when its almost pay day.

Also, there's a good chance that we could be landing Shockey. He took a physical for us today and ESPN is saying that we are working on a deal with him. Another good move if we can get this thing done. We have nothing after Fasano and he shoud really help out our redzone offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                    Smart move by Ireland and company. One less need to worry about. I really like the guy but I do wonder rather or not if he is the type of player who just turns it on when its almost pay day.

Also, there's a good chance that we could be landing Shockey. He took a physical for us today and ESPN is saying that we are working on a deal with him. Another good move if we can get this thing done. We have nothing after Fasano and he shoud really help out our redzone offense.
                    I agree about both, although Shockey is a shell of his former self. Won't make much of a difference, but he's a hometown favorite and I've always been a big fan.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Looking like Shockey is headed to Tennessee. I'm a little disappointed. I think Shockey would have added toughness, talent, leadership and a swag that we don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by PhinsRock View Post
                        Looking like Shockey is headed to Tennessee. I'm a little disappointed. I think Shockey would have added toughness, talent, leadership and a swag that we don't have.
                        He's still a FA. Panthers brought him in for a physical and all that junk but didnt offer him a contract yet. I read somewhere that Shockey and our TE coach are good friends so that should help out some. If I had to guess I would say he will end up coming here. He loves Miami and the type of guy he is he would do anything to be able to live in Miami so he can party it up every chance he gets.

WOOOOOO HOOOOO we made it to the 2nd page!

Comment

Shockey is signing with the Panthers. Jeff Darlington said that the Dolphins never made an offer and wasnt all that interested in him. Fasano and Shockey sure would have made a good TE duo.

Other news is the Dolphins placed a 2nd round tender on Thigpen and place a tender on Nate Garner. Cobbs didnt get one so he will hit the market. Kinda surprised by that since how the coaching staff seems to love Cobbs.

EDIT- Incognito locked up for 3 years.
                          AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
                          Last-minute signings still coming in: Miami re-signed guard Richie Incognito to a 3-year deal today.
                          Last edited by Da-Phins; 03-03-2011, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Indifferent on not bringing in Shockey, shell of his former self.

Honestly not a fan of bringing Incognito back. He was mediocre all season and I would have rather went out and signed someone like Gallery and address C in the draft with someone like Wis or Fusco. As of now it looks like we have Long-Garner-Incognito-Jerry-Carey with Berger as the top backup inside and I guess Murtha at OT. Still not a huge fan and hope we take an interior lineman early.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Incognito was able to hold his own at center last year I thought. Granted he only played 2 games there but I still felt he did a better job then Berger. He's more suited for center then he is at guard anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                                Incognito was able to hold his own at center last year I thought. Granted he only played 2 games there but I still felt he did a better job then Berger. He's more suited for center then he is at guard anyway.
                                I agree that he's definitely better than Berger and his skillset is better suited for center, I just don't think he's that good overall. I do understand bringing him back though as without him we'd have to find three starters, having him there gives us an average starter at either OG or C and allows us to go out and find a BPA elsewhere. Hopefully Jerry gets his butt in the weight room this offseason so he can get some strength to handle playing at RG then we really only need to find one more starter out of Garner/Berger/draftpick/freeagent.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information