No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the positions we addressed. The value of all the guys was about right. I liked the aggressiveness of moving up and getting the guys they wanted. The players definitely fit scheme wise. I just HATE Pouncey and Thomas. I think both can be solid players (Thomas less so than Pouncey), but screw solid players in the 1st and 2nd round. Really like the Gates and Clay picks though.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

I'm REALLY happy with this draft personally. As I've stated, I want to give Henne another shot and we finally went out and got some pieces for it. I thought interior line was our biggest need and we got the best one in this draft, Thomas was one of three backs that were on my 'man-crush' list so I was ecstatic to come away with him, Gates might have been my favorite pick of them all, finally a freaking deep threat to take advantage of Henne's deep ball. I like Clay, he's a good receiver and has more upside than any of the current TEs we have behind Fasano IMO. Kearse was my favorite small school sleeper in this draft and I LOVED that pick. Wilson is an interesting story and has special teams skills but he'll need to be out some established guys to make the roster and has an uphill climb so we'll see what happens.

Overall, I was happy with this haul. My only complaint is a lack of a developmental QB. Its tough to envision going into next season with just Henne and <insert veteran QB here>. We can still sign someone like Devlin, Portis, Potts, Tolzien, etc in free agency but with the lockout throwing things all out of whack, who knows if they'll get there in time to legitimately have a chance.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
        I liked the positions we addressed. The value of all the guys was about right. I liked the aggressiveness of moving up and getting the guys they wanted. The players definitely fit scheme wise. I just HATE Pouncey and Thomas. I think both can be solid players (Thomas less so than Pouncey), but screw solid players in the 1st and 2nd round. Really like the Gates and Clay picks though.
        I just about agree with everything you said here. I like the aggressiveness as well, but wasn't so sure they needed to be aggressive in getting Thomas. I would've preferred to stay at 79 and take him if he was still there or go with another weapon like Taiwan Jones instead. If we were going to move up for Thomas, we should've done that for Ryan Williams or Mikel LeShoure, who I felt were perfect for us. Ryan probably went a little sooner than expected, which maybe could explain this, but LeShoure was only taken a couple spots before us and I feel like it was borderline negligent to not make a move there. Maybe Thomas was the guy they liked most, he's a solid player just not an exciting one.

I have to agree with Grizzlegom, Gates was definitely my favorite pick. Really thought he'd come off the board a lot sooner so I was excited when I realized he was still available and that we had finally gotten our deep threat. Maybe the fastest receiver in the draft.

A decent haul, but I definitely felt it could have been a lot better. Only time will tell I guess.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
          I just about agree with everything you said here. I like the aggressiveness as well, but wasn't so sure they needed to be aggressive in getting Thomas. I would've preferred to stay at 79 and take him if he was still there or go with another weapon like Taiwan Jones instead. If we were going to move up for Thomas, we should've done that for Ryan Williams or Mikel LeShoure, who I felt were perfect for us. Ryan probably went a little sooner than expected, which maybe could explain this, but LeShoure was only taken a couple spots before us and I feel like it was borderline negligent to not make a move there. Maybe Thomas was the guy they liked most, he's a solid player just not an exciting one.
          From what I saw/heard, they were really high on Williams, LeShoure, and Thomas so after Williams and LeShoure went, they half-panicked and felt they had to move up for Thomas. Remember, he's only player 2 years at RB ever so he's still got considerable upside.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information