Ted Ginn Jr.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Athrun340 View Post
    there's no way I'm gonna win againts a Ginn nuthugger.

I was just stating the fact btw.
    Of course you're not gonna win when you know nothing about the subject, and I do. Simple as that.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie Brown View Post
      Alright guys, as many of you know I am a Tedd Ginn Jr. supporter but I did some digging up and here is the "read" that sold me on Ginn.

It was written by a well respected, knowledgable guy over at Finheaven (Boomer) who is usually dead on with his predictions. He has a lot of connections in the NFL and with the Dolphins front office so he comes on every now and then to give us some information. I think he has a previous history with scouting too so he stays in contact with a lot of people who look at the draftees on a daily basis.

Here is his post on Ginn..

Amazing read and great points on why Ginn would be a great pick..
      Major props to Boomer
      GREAT post Ronnie... very refreshing to read. After reading that I am even more convinced than I was. And with that, I don't see how the pick can be argued with anymore, it would truly be a great selection for us. I really really hope it happens... It would be the **STEAL** of the draft at number 9.

Comment

Some of the points in his favor are downright rediculous. The one article that was posted said he can completely change field and run away from the entire defense. Can we get real here. He has great speed but it's very, very rare to see a play like that happen in the NFL as the competition is faster and smarter which will put them in better positions to keep his speed in check.

Also I've seen everyone on here talking about how he has 4.2 speed and all sorts of mess. You all realize he hasn't worked out yet and won't work out until April 12th. What happens if he shows up to that workout and runs only a 4.35 or something in that range. He will still be fast but not so much so then many other players in this draft and will send his stock plummeting. Also, he's been out for almost 3 and a half months trying to get healthy. The injury he suffer in the game was a mild ankle injury which most NFL players can bounce back from quickly. He hasn't been able to because it takes away the only thing hes got in his favor. Sorry but there way too many issues surrounding this guy to justify taking him with the 9th pick.

His route running, physicality, health are all questions and his speed will not be able to cover up all those areas like the did in college were he could run away from inferior competition. I know 4.2 speed is 4.2 speed but NFL defense will be able to create packages to help nuetralize his speed the way college teams can not. Now if you get a WR with some speed, better route running and the ability to go up and make a catch, and some size (Bowe, Mecheam, CJ) and suddenly they become harder to cover then a guy that simply has great speed.

Comment

Randall Hill part 2

If you like I can find his autographed photo somewhere in my garage. Might as well as Ginn Jr is pretty much a carbon copy of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsfan79 View Post
            Randall Hill part 2

If you like I can find his autographed photo somewhere in my garage. Might as well as Ginn Jr is pretty much a carbon copy of him.
            Damn.. Maybe you should call up the Dolphins Front Office and let them know so we don't draft the second coming of Randall Hill..

Don't be selfish man.. Help our Dolphins out and relay this information to Randy Mueller!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie Brown View Post
              Damn.. Maybe you should call up the Dolphins Front Office and let them know so we don't draft the second coming of Randall Hill..

Don't be selfish man.. Help our Dolphins out and relay this information to Randy Mueller!!!
              Only if you do the same when you keep wishing to take him for no more reason then "he is a good kick returner"

Because top 10 picks are done for kick returners.

As for my opinion of what is good for the team and my team support I show it when I go to every home game with my season tickets my family has had since the early 80s.

Comment

Only if you do the same when you keep wishing to take him for no more reason then "he is a good kick returner"

As for my opinion of what is good for the team and my team support I show it when I go to every home game with my season tickets my family has had since the early 80s.
                *Clap Clap Clap*

Can someone get this guy a friggin cookie please!?

Comment

Haha first off.. I'd love for you to point out where I state that we should draft Ginn due to his kicking abilities..? or where I said top 10 picks are done for kick returners? I really don't recall ever saying anything like that..

Ginn's kick return abilities are simply an added incentive to his already unique array of talents...

Comment

It is his only good talent. If you look at him as a pure WR he wasnt even as good as Gonzalez was for OSU.

Comment

some problems i have with drafting Ted Ginn Jr at number nine.

1. If you are drafting a player in the top ten, you want IMMEDIATE returns and someone who can step in and start day one. Dont get me wrong, we will get immediate returns in the return game, but he would only see the field on offense in 3 or 4 receiver sets.

2. at this point in time, He is a pure slot receiver. If you line him up outside, he gets manhandled by physical corners. If you think otherwise, then you didnt watch enough game tape. people are talking about the texas and michigan game, but what about the penn state game? or minnesota? or illinois even? last year alan zemaitis shut him down and this year justin king held him to 2 catches. the problem with him being a pure slot receiver right now is that it would give chambers zero help. on three WR sets, chambers (who is the most effective in the slot) will have to stay outside because ginn wouldnt be able to line up out there. one of the reasons for trading welker was that we could put chambers back in the slot. drafting ginn completely goes against that.

3. is he really dedicated to football? he has shown a very poor work ethic since his injury and has been very lackadaisical about trying to get healthy and run. ever since being moved to WR in college he has shown less passion for the game and always expresses how he still sees himself as a corner and he seemed to take some plays off throughout the season because he isnt very happy in his position. he is very adamant about wanting to re-learn CB in the pros and learning a new position, when you already have glaring weaknesses at your current position is just gonna further hinder his development.

there are way too many ifs and questions surrounding his game to justify him being taken in the top ten and i think he would be the biggest mistake we could make. i view ginn as a top 25 pick and i would consider it a HUGE reach if we took him.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Ginn is coming to have a meeting with Miami on the 19th or 20th... That will be his 4th meeting.

1. Combine
                        2. OSU's Pro Day
                        3. Ginn's workout on the 11th
                        4. Meeting on the 19th or 20th

Comment

Every team in the NFL was present at the 1st 3 so you can't really include those. Miami has really only had one more meeting then some teams and even then alot of teams will set up meeting with Ginn.

Comment

Miami is meeting with Russell too I guess it is assumed we are taking him too? :) It would be his 4th meeting as well.

With Chambers, Hakeem, Booker, Hagan (whom they are high on), and Vick, it comes down to WR isnt a primary need yet.

Now having an offensive line to let us run the ball and protect whomver we have throwing it would be useful. Right now we dont have a tackle or guard on the left hand side that has played a pro down (toledo and albai both are raw as can be), so I think you can easily say there is more pressing needs for us.

If it wants to be argued BPA, not sure how someone can argue Ginn is a better BPA then a branch/okoye/Anderson type of player which are much higher rated elite disruptive folks. Specially with the depth in the draft.

Comment

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=6313

if this is true you can have Ginn Jr, in the 2nd round

Comment

Hello round 2. 4.2 speed, lol.

I am being somewhat sarcastic, he is coming off of an injury but still. He will be a late round 1 guy.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information