Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami Dolphins Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by reese
    since u like stats...go look up his from the years previous since i just said he had a down year this year there no point to post his stats for this year
    I did and posted them below :)

    Once more, welcome to the boards. But, please dont take my posts as thinking I dislike CC or believe he should be traded. I am merely stating he is not a number 1 in the NFL.

    Chad Johnson
    Boldin
    Fitzgerald
    Reggie Wayne
    Marvin Harrison
    Roy williams
    Andre Johnson
    TJ Houshmazadeh
    Torry Holt
    Steve Smith
    T.O.
    Donald Driver
    Javon Walker
    Hines Ward
    Marques Colston
    Eddie Kennison
    Muhsin Muhammad
    Lee Evans
    Laveranues Coles
    Issac Bruce
    Terry Glenn
    Joe Horn


    there is a short list off of the top of my head leaving off guys even like Randy Moss and Eric Moulds. I could keep going too for a while on guys.

    Chris would be a GREAT number 2 for us. But he is not an elite number 1 in the NFL.

    He had 1 Good year.

    Comment


    • since 2001 he also has more recieving tds then chad johnson, keyshon johnson,santana moss,steve smith,rod smith,donald driver and plaxico buress...among others... so i guess we should assume none of them are good no. 1s either

      Comment


      • Originally posted by reese
        since 2001 he also has more recieving tds then chad johnson, keyshon johnson,santana moss,steve smith,rod smith,donald driver and plaxico buress...among others... so i guess we should assume none of them are good no. 1s either
        Keyshon is not a number 1.
        Buress missed major time
        Rod Smith is at the end of his career and is not a number 1
        Moss is not a number 1 either if you notice not on my list
        Steve Smith missed an Entire Yers time


        Once more please use something for fact to show how Chambers is actually a number 1? Every reciever above has more yards, more catches then him and they arent even numbers 1 (except smith).

        Driver had more big plays, receptions, yards, etc etc etc.

        http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133276


        Again I am not saying he is a horrible WR, I am saying he is not a number 1 ELITE Wr in the NFL.

        Our Skill position players are not elite players currently.

        Comment


        • how can u make the statement he only had 1 good year twice he was 3rd in the nfl in tds...i would say those both had to be good years...and u put a rookie on ur list and obviosly he coudnt have had more then 1 good year...and eddie kennison? thats a joke what has he ever done to say he is better..i didnt look up all those guys stats but im sure the ones that have been in the league at least since CC has...probley havent put up the numbers he has....as i just posted he has out scored quite a few ppl on ur list

          Comment


          • santana moss is the redskins no 1 wr

            Comment


            • Originally posted by reese
              im not sayin its completely the style offence thats keepin him down...i also wasnt sayin it was bad play by the qb...i said that JH skill set didnt match what CC does best...when u combine that and the inconsistancy as a whole at our QB position to go along with the new offence is why his numbers were down this year....and to the guy that all of a sudden says chambers isnt a good no.1 wr....he made the pro bowl as no 1...led the afc in tds a couple years ago as a no.1...so tell me exactly why he isnt a good no. 1...and b4 u reply read my other post about him and dont repeat anything ive already commented on
              there are many reasons why he isnt a number one receiver. firstly, if u throw away this past season, hes had one season over 1000 yards out of his 5 other seasons. he has been "the guy" since his second season and has shown little improvement since that year. he shows the ability to become a number one but is so bipolar that u dont know which chambers will show up. one game he will drop passes and disappear from the game plan and the next game he could catch 10 passes. hes too inconsistent to be a number one.

              u say his down year is because of poor QB play and a bad offense strategy but chris chambers received the FOURTH highest looks in the whole league. he had a 38.3% reception percentage this year. thats HORRENDOUS. he has 3.69 catches per game and averaged 9.68 looks per game. that means joey, daunte, and cleo were looking for him plenty.

              http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analy...ue=fantasy/nfl

              now i would agree that we should not get rid of him and i do still like him, but we cannot continue to rely on him to be the top target because aside from that one 1,000 yard season, he hasnt been consistent and hasnt proved that he is a number one receiver in this league. u point to his numbers from 2003-2005 and while they were decent, 2005 is the only year where they could even be considered a "number one" guy.

              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • since 2001 CC has more tds then issac bruce,mushin mohammed, tj hous..,joe horn, l.coles, t. glenn has been in the league since '96 and has 42 tds compared to CC 43 just since 2001...also kennison only has 30 something career tds and has been in the league since '96

                Comment


                • Originally posted by reese
                  how can u make the statement he only had 1 good year twice he was 3rd in the nfl in tds...i would say those both had to be good years...and u put a rookie on ur list and obviosly he coudnt have had more then 1 good year...and eddie kennison? thats a joke what has he ever done to say he is better..i didnt look up all those guys stats but im sure the ones that have been in the league at least since CC has...probley havent put up the numbers he has....as i just posted he has out scored quite a few ppl on ur list
                  He broke 1000 yards 4 years in a row, something chris has done only once ever.

                  Dude you are being a homer.

                  Comment


                  • i dont kno what a homer is but by the CC has been in the nfl for 10 years like kennison has then he should have at least 4 years over 1000 yards too and like i said CC has outscored kennison by around 10 tds and done it in 5 less seasons

                    Comment


                    • since when were TD's the only stat?

                      having so many TDs means hes great in the red zone. that doesnt make him a number one, it makes him a receiver that can get open in the red zone.

                      his TDs are the only stat that is up there with the elite receivers. he doesnt have the yards or receptions to match up with them.

                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by reese
                        since 2001 CC has more tds then issac bruce,mushin mohammed, tj hous..,joe horn, l.coles, t. glenn has been in the league since '96 and has 42 tds compared to CC 43 just since 2001...also kennison only has 30 something career tds and has been in the league since '96
                        you are ignoring every fact I placed before you. come on dude, dont be a jets fan :)


                        You are really going to tell me that you believe CC has had a better career so far then Issac Bruce has had?

                        http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1294

                        8 1,000 + yard seasons
                        Even at the end of his career he far our preformed CC this year.

                        Chris gets some of the most balls thrown at him but had a horrible year. Over his career he has had 1 year over 1000 yards once more.

                        Please look at his numbers again and if he was wearing anything but aqua and orange would you honestly say he is a number 1 WR?

                        Comment


                        • look at what i said...i only said since 2001..he has had more tds then the ppl i listed never said he had a better career then issac bruce

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Grizzlegom
                            since when were TD's the only stat?

                            having so many TDs means hes great in the red zone. that doesnt make him a number one, it makes him a receiver that can get open in the red zone.

                            his TDs are the only stat that is up there with the elite receivers. he doesnt have the yards or receptions to match up with them.
                            exactly. He has a huge number of drops every year (last year and this year specially). He has never had major recieving yardage and when faced up against "elite" DBs he disappears.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by reese
                              look at what i said...i only said since 2001..he has had more tds then the ppl i listed never said he had a better career then issac bruce
                              And I am saying that bruce had a better year this year. I am saying he has had a better career then Chambers by far and even at 40 something he was better. He was a number 1 this year when Holt was hurt alot.

                              But Chambers is not a number 1 in the NFL.

                              I have shown you repeatedly the stats dude. There is not much more to say for it honestly.

                              This is like saying Culpepper is a top 5 QB.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Finsfan79
                                Originally posted by reese
                                look at what i said...i only said since 2001..he has had more tds then the ppl i listed never said he had a better career then issac bruce
                                And I am saying that bruce had a better year this year. I am saying he has had a better career then Chambers by far and even at 40 something he was better. He was a number 1 this year when Holt was hurt alot.

                                But Chambers is not a number 1 in the NFL.

                                I have shown you repeatedly the stats dude. There is not much more to say for it honestly.

                                This is like saying Culpepper is a top 5 QB.
                                hahaha QFT.

                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information