• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reese
    Originally posted by Finsfan79
    Originally posted by reese
    Not every team in the NFL has a number 1. We do not have one. We have 2 number 2s and a number 3 in Welker.

Chamber is a number 2. Actually some teams have number 2s that are better then him.

Wayne and Boldin for 2 of them :)

Get us a QB, and a number 1, slide chambers to number 2. Then use Ronnie brown correctly and our team can become an offensive force.

We still need a Left Tackle too overall.

no ur wrong we actually have a no. 1 it is chris chambers...if the coach says in a press conference that CC is our no 1 guy and we need to find ways to get him the ball..then that tells me we have a no 1
    They threw to him more then anyone in the NFL except 4 people this year. Out over 200 WRs and TEs in the NFL. There was only 4 People that got thrown to more then Chris Chambers this year!

He does not have the numbers of a number 1. Not every team has a number 1 dude. Plain and simple.

Who is SF's number 1? Who is Minnesota's number 1? Chris is a good number 2 WR, he is above average and if he becomes more consistent and catches balls easier (less drops) he will end up becoming a number 1. But, at this point in his career he has not shown himself to be a number 1.

ok so u just proved my point...obviously if we threw to him that much then we have a no 1...and like i said b4 rather or not u like that he is our no 1 or if ur happy with his production as our no 1 wr is beside the point..he still is our no 1
    Yet being thrown to all of those times his production was Crap. Wes Welker out produced him. Chambers did have more drops then anyone else on the dolphins though

I think I am done with this debate you keep making little sense in your "points". When the two of us have been showing reasonings for our positions.

Comment

• On another note, I think Troy smiths horrible game in a way hurts us for our draft position. If his stock had flown up there by a great game it could of made one of the top elite talent guys fall and slip to us (Gaines adams would be wonderful). Or our make our pick more valuable for a trade back.

Any thoughts on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizzlegom
        u are missing the point that being the top target on a team does not make u a number one receiver in the NFL.

it means u are the top target on a team with no better alternative. is antonio bryant a number one? how about Reche Caldwell? Keenan McCardell?

u are taking the whole number one thing way too literally.
        new england may be a team with no true no 1...antonio bryant is sf no 1...he is very talented..had a decent considering there circumstances..and KM plays for a team who's offence revolves completely and totally around there rb...LT gets the ball over 50 % ove the time so u cant count him...so basically being in the top 5 in recieveing tds since 2001 isnt good enuf for yall so u must want him to catch 80 passes a year adn 1400 yds and 10 tds a year thats what u want or he isnt good enuf..well tell me then if thats what it takes then who else in the nfl does that every year

Comment

• Originally posted by Finsfan79
          On another note, I think Troy smiths horrible game in a way hurts us for our draft position. If his stock had flown up there by a great game it could of made one of the top elite talent guys fall and slip to us (Gaines adams would be wonderful). Or our make our pick more valuable for a trade back.

Any thoughts on this?
          i couldnt see troy smith getting into the top ten no matter how well he played. the only QB who might rise enough to allow someone to fall or increase the trade value of the pick would be if brohm came out and had a great combine, IMO.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Seems like the new guy is a Chambers lover.

Comment

On another note, I think Troy smiths horrible game in a way hurts us for our draft position. If his stock had flown up there by a great game it could of made one of the top elite talent guys fall and slip to us (Gaines adams would be wonderful). Or our make our pick more valuable for a trade back.

Any thoughts on this?
              i couldnt see troy smith getting into the top ten no matter how well he played. the only QB who might rise enough to allow someone to fall or increase the trade value of the pick would be if brohm came out and had a great combine, IMO.
              good point but the hype machine of the big ten, OSU and ESPN's love of them I figured would help project him higher. Still I would love to see Brohm come out and do very good in the Combine.

The idea of having 3 Legit QB canidates, 1 great DE/OLB, 1 LT, 2 top WR, 1 RB, 1 DT.

After that it seems to drop off for secondary guys and the rest.

Comment

• Don't look now, but from what I have been reading over the past few days, Pete Carroll just might be our next HC. Wayne really likes him alot and he will do anything to bring in the guy he wants.

Comment

• Pete Caroll HC
                  Norm Chow OC/ Assistant Head Coach (so promotion)
                  Don Capers DC

interesting. But I really dont like caroll still he is a Wayne type signing as wayne likes the big names,

Comment

• could be interesting indeed, but i would really prefer a youn hot shot coordinator or something like that. although im sure carroll could get manny wright turned around.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace
                      Don't look now, but from what I have been reading over the past few days, Pete Carroll just might be our next HC. Wayne really likes him alot and he will do anything to bring in the guy he wants.
                      Pete Carroll seems like a good coach, but he must be ******** to leave USC for The NFL. He gets paid as much as most NFL Coaches, he has kids begging him for a scholarship to play for him at USC and he goes to a BCS bowl every year.

Not to mention that his USC Team From this year would beat the dolphins if they were to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by hasane
                        Originally posted by Ace
                        Don't look now, but from what I have been reading over the past few days, Pete Carroll just might be our next HC. Wayne really likes him alot and he will do anything to bring in the guy he wants.
                        Pete Carroll seems like a good coach, but he must be dumb to leave USC for The NFL. He gets paid as much as most NFL Coaches, he has kids begging him for a scholarship to play for him at USC and he goes to a BCS bowl every year.

Not to mention that his USC Team From this year would beat the dolphins if they were to play.
                        Disagree with the last statement. The difference in talent and abilities in the pro game to college game is amazing. Even the great canes team of 2001-2002 (often called the greatest team ever for 17 1st rounders and 35 picks in the nfl) would have trouble beating an NFL team.

That said I think his ability to evaluate talent would be interesting as a GM.

Comment

Originally posted by hasane
                          Originally posted by Ace
                          Pete Carroll seems like a good coach, but he must be dumb to leave USC for The NFL. He gets paid as much as most NFL Coaches, he has kids begging him for a scholarship to play for him at USC and he goes to a BCS bowl every year.

Disagree with the last statement. The difference in talent and abilities in the pro game to college game is amazing. Even the great canes team of 2001-2002 (often called the greatest team ever for 17 1st rounders and 35 picks in the nfl) would have trouble beating an NFL team.

That said I think his ability to evaluate talent would be interesting as a GM.
                          I think they could take the Raiders and the Lions

Comment

• Originally posted by hasane
                            Originally posted by Ace

he hasnt been to good in the NFL but he is definitely a great college coach. he does have a good situation in USC but there has been a lot of officials looking into the university lately for illegal tampering with prospects, especially because of the whole reggie bush thing. it could be a good time for him to get out and be like i had nothing to do with any of that.

but again, i dont think a college coach is the answer, i would really like to see us bring in a young assistant who could stick around for a long time. the average life of a head coach is too short nowadays and id like to see us commit to someone young and have him around for a good 10 years...this is definitely wishful thinking.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by hasane
                              Originally posted by Ace

he hasnt been to good in the NFL but he is definitely a great college coach. he does have a good situation in USC but there has been a lot of officials looking into the university lately for illegal tampering with prospects, especially because of the whole reggie bush thing. it could be a good time for him to get out and be like i had nothing to do with any of that.

but again, i dont think a college coach is the answer, i would really like to see us bring in a young assistant who could stick around for a long time. the average life of a head coach is too short nowadays and id like to see us commit to someone young and have him around for a good 10 years...this is definitely wishful thinking.
                              I would really like it if the Dolphins tried to get the OC from USC to be the Dolphins OC his name is Lane Kiffin, the son of Tampa's DC

Comment

Originally posted by reese
                                Not every team in the NFL has a number 1. We do not have one. We have 2 number 2s and a number 3 in Welker.

Chamber is a number 2. Actually some teams have number 2s that are better then him.

Wayne and Boldin for 2 of them :)

Get us a QB, and a number 1, slide chambers to number 2. Then use Ronnie brown correctly and our team can become an offensive force.

We still need a Left Tackle too overall.

no ur wrong we actually have a no. 1 it is chris chambers...if the coach says in a press conference that CC is our no 1 guy and we need to find ways to get him the ball..then that tells me we have a no 1
                                They threw to him more then anyone in the NFL except 4 people this year. Out over 200 WRs and TEs in the NFL. There was only 4 People that got thrown to more then Chris Chambers this year!

He does not have the numbers of a number 1. Not every team has a number 1 dude. Plain and simple.

Who is SF's number 1? Who is Minnesota's number 1? Chris is a good number 2 WR, he is above average and if he becomes more consistent and catches balls easier (less drops) he will end up becoming a number 1. But, at this point in his career he has not shown himself to be a number 1.
                                well the question is the quality of throws joey harrington gave him ..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information