No announcement yet.

Miami Dolphins Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There really aren't any legit LT guys in FA and it doesn't look like they will be there in the draft either so I am really hoping Shelton goes back to LT and we get a new RG. I think we might get two new starters on the OL next year. Hadnot, Carey, and Shelton will all be starters next year. So depending where Shelton plays we either need 2 OGs or a OT and OG.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

steinbach and leonard davis!

Comment

How much are people reading into the Taylor-retirement comments?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee
          How much are people reading into the Taylor-retirement comments?
          yeah i saw that too, why would he?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

he's just talking. Him and ZT will be back next year

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

He said the same thing last year. He is just frustrated.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                He is just frustrated.
                I would be to if I'm a dominating DE and my team missed the playoffs for 5 straight seasons

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

10:00 am Wed is the deadline wayne gave to saban..

Comment

Saban had a press conference. He went over everything we are going to do in the offseason. I'll go over it after the bowl game or tomorrow, but it is quite obvious he is going nowhere. He was asked if he would be the head coach here next year and once again refused to answer. He has already said he was staying and he refuses to even acknowledge the question anymore. He isn't going anywhere.

Quote:
                    Dolphins | Saban to accept Alabama coaching job
                    Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:15:00 -0800

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban will accept the job as the head coach of the University of Alabama football team, according to a team source. Saban has been quoted as saying he is "really struggling" with the decision.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088
                      Saban had a press conference. He went over everything we are going to do in the offseason. I'll go over it after the bowl game or tomorrow, but it is quite obvious he is going nowhere. He was asked if he would be the head coach here next year and once again refused to answer. He has already said he was staying and he refuses to even acknowledge the question anymore. He isn't going anywhere.

Quote:

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban will accept the job as the head coach of the University of Alabama football team, according to a team source. Saban has been quoted as saying he is "really struggling" with the decision.
                      how can chris reports that saban will accept the job if saban himself is struggling with his decision

Comment

Originally posted by Athrun340
                        Originally posted by TitleTown088

Quote:

how can chris reports that saban will accept the job if saban himself is struggling with his decision
                        good question, but oviously he knows somthing the rest of us don't ( even Saben)

they get smoked.

Comment

Mortenson is by far the worst person at reporting news. He reports every rumor as if it is truth. He is worst than the guy on NFL network (Adam Shefter?). Saban doesn't know what he is going to do but he is definitely consisdering it more than I thought he would. We will all know by tomorrow though.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

let's start listing the replacements.......... :roll:

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

Saban didn't go into great detail but he talked about getting depth on OL and he said Shelton might be going back to LT. He talked about getting another edge rusher and getting a play maker in the secondary. He also talked about getting younger up front on the DL. He said he liked how Yeremiah Bell made plays in the secondary so I think its clear he will be a starter next year.

So we are looking at OL depth (LT/OG), edge rusher (DE/OLB), playmaker in the secondary (CB/S), and young DL (DT).

All I know is I hope we can get Adalius Thomas in Miami.

Also some OL to keep an eye on are Roman Oben and Kris Dielman, both are former lineman for Hudson Houck. Eric Steinbeck is another guard I would love to get, he will be expensive though.
                              Man, how sick would our D be if we signed Adalius Thomas, Drafted Alan Branch with our first round pick, and also drafted a top corner like Fred Bennett, Daymeion Hughes, or Josh Wilson in the second round. Man, I am getting excited and hyped up just thinking about it!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

My opinions of recent events.

Nick is gone, and I hope the door hits him on the way out. Lying scumbag. Even if he didnt take the job I would like to see him gone anyways.

Some canidates:
                                Ron Rivera - D.C. of the Bears, great coach and could be interesting.

Cameron - O.C. of the S.D. chargers, a good offensive coach and works well with Houck

Bobby Patrino (sp) - Louisville head coach, very offensive minded. Add him and Capers together and you have a good combo.

O.C. Canidates
                                I wouldnt mind giving a chance with Mike Shula as an O.C. He is a good offensive minded coach and would be a good choice to fill in that position. Specially if we signed Ron Rivera.

For draft ideas the following are my choices personally.
                                If Jarrett or Brohm are there then I take either one of them. Both I think will be studs in the NFL. Barring that take the best player available as long as it isnt a DE, RT or a RB. Every other position on this team can use an upgrade.

I want either a LT or an OG/C in the draft. Perhaps both in the draft if we can swipe something like Beekman. I would rather snag a CB/S in FA honestly then through the draft, we have alot of young players in the secondary. We need depth there.

Now if we get Rivera it might help us getting Adalius Thomas well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information