No announcement yet.

Miami Dolphins Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i agree, i wanted him back too. i love roth though so im happy that hes gonna be starting. definitely do need some depth at DE though, especially for the 4-3 looks if bowens sings elsewhere.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Steinbeck is going to sign with the Browns tomorrow. They were probably our biggest competition for Dielman. I feel really good about him coming to Miami.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

• idk...seattle supposedly likes dielman a lot too but i have to believe with all the history between him and Cameron that he will give us the first shot at signing him.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Porter and Dielman would both be interesting prospects. I would rather get Dielman then porter. I think we go heavy after some beef for the oline in FA. I just wish we had even more money.

Not happy about restructuring KC, he is a great guy, great proffesional and one of the rare "good guys" in the NFL. Very classy as well, met him in person before was very polite and nice.

But that said we do have holliday locked up, and roth starting would be fine. I guess they feel vickerson, evans, 2 wrights all give some good depth as well.

Supposedly we tendered towards Welker to keep hold of him.

Comment

• yea welker, lemon, and bell all got the new 2nd round tender and jones got the low tender (undrafted so no draft pick compensation if someone signs him). we didnt tender Eddie Jackson.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• So we lost our chance at Dielman, Patriots signed Sammy Morris, and they offered Wes Welker...

WHAT THE F*CK?
              Vince Young is going to prove he's the next overrated QB to come out in years.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...

Comment

• Originally posted by I'mAHustler View Post
                So we lost our chance at Dielman, Patriots signed Sammy Morris, and they offered Wes Welker...

WHAT THE F*CK?
                Wes got offered $38 million over 7 years. I love him, but not that much

Comment

• I'm a big fan of moving him actually. A 2nd round pick for a #3 receiver and an above average return man.

I hope we can bring in Chris Brown. I remember something about us trading for him last year, I would really like to bring him in as a back up to Ronnie. I know he has injury problems but as a back up I don't see him having that problem.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

• sammy morris was disappointing to lose, dielman didnt want to leave SD as he had more money on the table from seattle, and welker is NOT worth $5 million+ per year especially when he is nothing better than a slot receiver with return average kick return abilities and above average punt returning.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• No activity in this thread

Comment

• Does anyone know what our chances are of landing Joey Porter in Miami? Or of anything of significance in terms of the Dolphins in Free Agency. Also, why is Cam Cameron not doing ******* anything except losing players? Anyone with answers please your help would be appreciated because as you can see I am a very frustrated and concerned Phins Fan right now!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• Porter is currently "THINKING" about visiting Miami:
                          The Miami Herald has posted a little artice on their website that talks about how the Dolphins remain in serious contention to sign free agent linebacker Joey Porter. Miami is one of the 6 teams believed to be seriously interested in the pro-bowl linebacker. Porter's agent said yesterday that they expect to make a decision soon (possibly today) about whether or not a visit to Miami is "necessary." The article's writer, Jeff Darlington, believes it will take at least around $5 million per year to get Porter.

Comment

• Here's something from thephininsider.com, taken from an interview by Adam Schefter on Sirius NFL Radio:

WIDE RECEIVER TALK
                            Apparently, a contract is in place for signing Kelley Washington, but it has not been finalized yet. The Dolphins are monitoring closely the Detroit Lions. This is because the Dolphins also have interst in Kevin Curtis and should he not sign with the Lions, he may be invited to Miami for a workout. Should he be signed by the Lions, the Dolphins will then go ahead and sign Washington.

JOEY PORTER TALK
                            Adam Schefter believes that the Dolphins are the frontrunner to land Joey Porter. Porter has met with Miami officials and remains in constant contact with GM Randy Mueller. He will visit Cincinnati, though, on Wednesday. But according to Schefter, the only way Porter won't end up in aqua and orange is if the Bengals offer an INSANE amount of money that the Dolphins can't match.

OTHER NOTES
                            The Dolphins did work out Jay Feeley and he could be signed to replace the overpriced Olindo Mare. Miami officials have been in contact with the agents of Ken Hamlin, Nick Harper, and Deon Grant, as well as with many linebackers, including Donnie Edwards, Napoleon Harris, and Ed Hartwell. However, the Dolphins don't want to act on a linebacker until Joey Porter makes his decision. And one last note, Daniel Graham, who has met with Denver and Seattle already, plans to make a visit to Miami within the week.
                            This sounds really good, finally we're doing something right.

Comment

• It seems to me Cameron is doing one of two things.

1. He knows this team needs a huge overhaul and can't compete right now so he is getting rid of the old players and starting over.

2. He is making this his team. Getting rid of players he doesn't see working with his new regime and getting new guys to fill their place.

If Joey Porter, Graham, and Harper sign, it's #2, if he doesn't go after these FAs, it is #1, and being a Dolphin fan is going to be rough for a while.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

• Dolphins GM Randy Mueller and coach Cam Cameron flew to free agent Joey Porter's home Monday to court the former Pro Bowl linebacker.

It appears they're serious about bringing him in the building. Porter would fit nicely in Miami, where he'd replace Donnie Spragan. The Miami Herald reports Donte' Stallworth is scheduled to meet 'Fins brass on Thursday.
                                Rotoworld

Wow, it looks like Cam and Randy really like Porter. It also looks like they want to take a look at Stallworth. Here's to hoping for Porter + Stallworth/Graham, maybe even add Hamlin/Harper/Grant to the list, I would be very happy if it happened.
                                Last edited by miamichamp_305; 03-05-2007, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information