No announcement yet.

The Vikings new QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want Matt Ryan somehow, but I don't want to sink a 1st rounder on a quarterback and Ryan seems to have surpassed 1st-2nd round fringe status to surefire 1st round pick.

My dream come true in the draft would be Kenny Phillips early in round 1 and then trading up and getting Matt Ryan somewhere after later in round 1. It'll never happen but I can dream...
    "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
    4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis3394 View Post
      so you'd rather have tj than basically a clone of jason campbell?
      its funny u say this...because any rookie QB brought in won't get to be eased in like Campbell....hell Tavaris wasn't suppose to play till year 2 or 3 and it only took a half a year....funny how you can compare prospects like they'll have the same output no matter what the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
        its funny u say this...because any rookie QB brought in won't get to be eased in like Campbell....hell Tavaris wasn't suppose to play till year 2 or 3 and it only took a half a year....funny how you can compare prospects like they'll have the same output no matter what the circumstances.
        its true that tj was thrown to the wolves and he is still extremely raw but wouldnt you think that even woodson would complete more than six passes a game?

Comment

Nope i don't think woodson would complete more passes, not yesterday When the line was just letting the Cowboys pass rush come right on through. While at the same time the Viking WR couldnt get open to save their lives. And Andre Woodson definatly wouldn't have done much better in the bears game where Every Reciever dropped just about every pass Thrown to them.

And about the comment up there yea actually i would rather stick with TJ than take Woodson because i don't want woodson at all. If we were to take another QB Early in the Draft I would be fine with Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm.
          Last edited by Crazy_Chris; 10-22-2007, 05:41 PM.

Comment

offseason plans

draft QB

draft big penetrator defensive tackle a player who just gets the jobs done

draft a cornerback that is at least 6'2

draft a safety that is no bigger that 6'2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
              Nope i don't think woodson would complete more passes, not yesterday When the line was just letting the Cowboys pass rush come right on through. While at the same time the Viking WR couldnt get open to save their lives. And Andre Woodson definatly wouldn't have done much better in the bears game where Every Reciever dropped just about every pass Thrown to them.

And about the comment up there yea actually i would rather stick with TJ than take Woodson because i don't want woodson at all. If we were to take another QB Early in the Draft I would be fine with Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm.
              what makes Ryan and Brohm so much better than Woodson? He's at least proven that he can beat a #1 team and put up very good competition against the best in the country while the other two are playing mediocre teams at best

Comment

Woodson is so vastly over rated I don't care if he beat LSU because honestly when i watched him do so i wasn't that impressed with his performance neither was i impressed last week against Florida I watched him throw the ball out of bounds in the endzone a few times that would have been easy TD's the reciever was wide open but woodson missed him i saw it happen twice and than i stoped watching... Overall when i watch woodson play there is absolutly nothing about his play that screams Franchise QB to me... None of the Quaterbacks scream franchise QB to me but the best of the bunch is Matt Ryan

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
                However if Tarvaris doesn't show any progression throughout the season, Matt Ryan is the QB I would like to draft next year. He has everything you look for in a franchise QB good size, decent decision making, Good touch on the ball, he's accurate, he can throw well on the move, and best of all he has a very quick release.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information