No announcement yet.

T-Jack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't say Tarvaris Jackson is the only thing keeping us from being a playoff team rather it's the passing game as a whole. It's a combination of having a Young, Raw QB with not even a full season of starts, a over-all bad group of WR's, and a Offensive line that is inconsistent in pass protection.

As for QB's I don't like Chad Pennington as an option for us he won't be able to stretch the field and he isn't exactly mistake free either.

I don't think Andy Reid is going to get rid of McNabb unless Donavan asks to be moved.

IMO T-Jack has played well enough to earn another year to show what he can do.

Comment

i think he has warranted an extra year to see if hes the guy...i would just stress in the offseason the advancement of his reads on the field
      seeing him today stare down his recievers was scary to the point that i didnt wanna watch after halftime lol

Comment

Right now Tavaris Jackson should be viewed as the fallback option and all trade avenues must be explored through first. You never pass on a chance to improve your team especially with someone as unpredictable as he has demonstrated. I doubt at this point Philly deals McNabb unless a team really blows them away with an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
          Right now Tavaris Jackson should be viewed as the fallback option and all trade avenues must be explored through first. You never pass on a chance to improve your team especially with someone as unpredictable as he has demonstrated. I doubt at this point Philly deals McNabb unless a team really blows them away with an offer.
          Hahahahaha, are you kidding me? I firmly believe in the exact opposite. Instead of looking at options to replace him, we must look at replacing some other positions in which we have shown ourselves to be deficient within and therefore make the path of success for him, an easier one. The only way you even think about bringing someone else in is if they come at a ridiculously cheap price and allow you continue on moving forward without potentially taking a few steps back. Just my two cents.
          SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
            Hahahahaha, are you kidding me? I firmly believe in the exact opposite. Instead of looking at options to replace him, we must look at replacing some other positions in which we have shown ourselves to be deficient within and therefore make the path of success for him, an easier one. The only way you even think about bringing someone else in is if they come at a ridiculously cheap price and allow you continue on moving forward without potentially taking a few steps back. Just my two cents.
            Putting all the talent you want in front of him is still not gonna disguise the many flaws of his game. Team management is really gonna have to study whether or not he is still their answer at QB in the offseason. It wouldnt shock me at all if they brought in someone else via trade, FA or even the draft to spice things up a bit. Going through another season with Tavaris Jackson and nobody else behind him wouldnt be a wise choice if this team wants to take the next step and make some noise in the NFC. This team is way too talented to go to waste.

Comment

More talent as in a good WR and a RT that can actually protect him would help him tremendously. Many of these "flaws" can be attributed to the lack of talent at WR or the very inconsistent pass protection(mostly from RT) the rest can be atrributed to in-experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                More talent as in a good WR and a RT that can actually protect him would help him tremendously. Many of these "flaws" can be attributed to the lack of talent at WR or the very inconsistent pass protection(mostly from RT) the rest can be atrributed to in-experience.
                Exactly. With young quarterbacks, you want to surround them with as many weapons as possible in order to make their jobs easier. If you do not surround them with talented players, you are putting them in position to fail and really are demonstrating an inability to run a team.
                SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

I am not sure if T-jack is the answer. But I cant see anyone doing much better then he is with what hes given. T-jack didnt lose the game yesterday near as much as he had been asked to do way too much.

Comment

Exactly. With young quarterbacks, you want to surround them with as many weapons as possible in order to make their jobs easier. If you do not surround them with talented players, you are putting them in position to fail and really are demonstrating an inability to run a team.
                    I feel like we've been in agreement so much more as of late, and that just puts a big ol' smile on my face. :)

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                      I feel like we've been in agreement so much more as of late, and that just puts a big ol' smile on my face. :)
                      The difficult times are over buck, now its time for the honeymoon stage of this relationship.:D
                      SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

The difficult times are over buck, now its time for the honeymoon stage of this relationship.:D
                        Let me just put the Marvin Gaye record on......

"Let's get it onnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

Comment

Get a room ...

lol

Comment

I was curious about the constant Tarvaris Jackson and Donovan McNabb Comparions's. So i went to pro-football-reference.com and did a little Research and i think the comparsion is valid and very intriuging as the numbers show...

Tarvaris Jackson & Donovan McNabb comparison(first games 14 started)

Record: 8-6 | 6-8
                            Attempts: 348(24.9 per game) | 421(30.1)
                            Completions: 201 | 233
                            CMP%: 57.8% | 55.3%
                            Yards: 2,174 | 2,257
                            Yards Per Attempt: 6.25 | 5.36
                            Yards Per Completetion: 10.8 | 9.7
                            Yards Per game: 155.3 | 161.2
                            TDs: 11 | 17
                            INTs: 15 | 13
                            Average rating: 72.3 | 67.4
                            Rush Attempts: 66 | 79
                            Rush Yards: 317 | 504
                            Rush TD's: 4 | 3

Comment

My opinions on Tarvaris Jackson are to let the kid play next year and how about Childress doesn't be an asshole and give him some targets besides Bobby Wade and Vishante Shiancoe. Seriously, what the hell was he thinking there? I say we get a Desean Jackson or a Malcolm Kelly in round 1 and pick up a tight end in round two or three like Fred Davis or Martin Rucker. Or even in round 4, we should look at Tamme. The guy is a god damn animal, he catches everything thrown his way and will do absolutely anything to win. If we had a recieving corps of Rice, Jackson/Kelly, Wade and Allison with Rucker/Davis/Tamme at Tight End, that could help Tarvaris out. We would also need to look at addressing RT to help protect him and give him time in the pocket. Cherilus wouldn't be too bad of an option if he slipped to pick in round two.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information