Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Availability of Brady Quinn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
    Thats my point. We had the chance to draft him but we passed him, so we arent going to have a change of heart in 1 year after seeing him play only 1 drive in the regular season.
    I can give you two reasons...

    1. Peterson had the better value.
    2. Peterson would make a bigger impact during his rookie year then Quinn.

    Comment


    • #17
      i honestly think that Jackson deserves another year. He wasn't horrible this year. although he did make some questionable decisions. A qb can not fuction in an offense without wide recievers.

      sig by fenikz
      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
      You are just a terrible person.
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      I have an iPhone.

      Comment


      • #18
        My only concerns with giving him another year are

        A. Will giving him another year help or hurt out young wide outs?
        B. Every year we give him makes our aging defense that much older. Winfield Williams Sharper Smith
        C. Adrian Peterson cant be a great back if he faces 10 man fronts for another year or two. Especially with his injury concerns.
        D. Im not sure where the problem lies Bad play calling? poor receivers? Sloppy QB play? And does 9tds 12 ints really constitute another year playing QB?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Kid_Ego View Post
          A. Will giving him another year help or hurt out young wide outs?
          good point. but think about this. Jackson's 1.5 years vs. Quinn's one drive. I dont know who made that point but it was sure a good one. I think someone like McNabb might be a better fit for the vikings. and Jackson could play behind a good vet like McNabb.

          sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

          Comment


          • #20
            I have met Mr. Savage IRL he isnt going to get rid of Quinn until he knows his qb situation is in good hands. There is 0 chance Quinn gets moved unless Clevland is able to sign a quality back up/ starter. SO this whole discussion is mute. My Point is we need to seriously think about another REAL OPTION at QB TJ didnt stay healthy and did nothing to secure his job in 12 games. If in fact he is this great treasure everyone else missed out on then he should welcome the challenge I dont see tom Brady sweating the fact the patriots drafted Matt Cassell.
            Real Contenders bring competition in at every position that only makes your team better. They dont hand jobs to guys with sub par stats just to prove a point.

            Comment


            • #21
              ahhhh inside information ban him what is he thinking.

              Who is TJ?

              Correct me if I am wrong was Matt Cassell drafted in the 1st round, and was he suppose to be a top 10 pick.

              Who handed their job to a guy with sub part stats

              Comment


              • #22
                Minnesota did by giving jackson the job with out bringing in some serious compitition

                Comment


                • #23
                  I really dont know anybody who truly believed Brady was a top 10 pick most thought he was the best qb available but even during the draft noone seemed surprised he slide until mid round

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                    ahhhh inside information ban him what is he thinking.

                    Who is TJ?

                    Correct me if I am wrong was Matt Cassell drafted in the 1st round, and was he suppose to be a top 10 pick.

                    Who handed their job to a guy with sub part stats
                    Yep, he was. In fact, he was the 0th overall pick. The Pats had to pre-draft him and pay him 60 million dollars up front or else the Texans (or was MC from the year before? Meh) would have picked him.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Kid_Ego View Post
                      My only concerns with giving him another year are

                      A. Will giving him another year help or hurt out young wide outs?
                      B. Every year we give him makes our aging defense that much older. Winfield Williams Sharper Smith
                      C. Adrian Peterson cant be a great back if he faces 10 man fronts for another year or two. Especially with his injury concerns.
                      D. Im not sure where the problem lies Bad play calling? poor receivers? Sloppy QB play? And does 9tds 12 ints really constitute another year playing QB?
                      A)Changing QB's every season certainly isn't going to help the recievers. This is what they have been doing.

                      B)You are just assuming that he will never develop into a good player. Nobody knows that for sure. He only has 14 starts in his career.

                      C)That ins't going to go away.....ever. Unless the Vikes get the second coming of Peyton Manning at QB. Guys like O.J Simpson, Eric Dickerson and Barry Sanders faced 8-9 guys in the box for most of thier careers. I just read an article about this very thing. Peterson took some of the blame for the lack of a rushing attack. He went over game film with the RB coach, Eric "sleeping with" Bienemy and they found some plays that coould have gone for more yards if he just would have been more patient in behind the LOS. It certainly didn't slow down Chester Taylor. He was playing against the same defences as Peterson.

                      Peterson: "I feel like it was really just me, just getting my feel with the extra guy in the box. There's an adjustment to it. When I went back and watched film and went over it with my coach, I was able to figure it out.

                      If I was just a little more patient on certain plays, it would have opened up for 10- or 15-yard runs. Those are things I'm definitely going to have to work on because I'm pretty sure we'll continue to see those eight- and nine-man fronts."

                      Here's the link to the full article if anyone wants to read the whole thing..There's something in there about Peterson flipping the bill for a bunch of family and teammates to go to the Pro Bowl.

                      http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/14622112.html

                      D)I think it's a combination of all the things you mentioned. Childress sometimes take 2 weeks to make adjustments on offense. Jackson makes mistakes, but 14 games into his career that is expected. 14 starts isn't enough to judge a young QB. Bobby Wade is their #1 reciever and that speaks volumes. Willaimson and Shiancoe can't catch. Ferguson runs like a tight end. Rice is the closest thing they have to a legit reciever and he is very inexperianced.

                      There is a gigantic laundy list of QB's that played poorly in their first full year as a starter. I'm not going to bother listing any of them. Anybody that follows football knows that a guy like Big Ben who tears it up in his first year only comes around about once a decade. Really though, if you just look at the QB's selected ahead of Jackson in the year he was selected, none of them are really tearing it up. Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, Vince Young and Kellen Clemens. Cutler had an average season and averybody else has been really bleh.
                      There are fans out there who could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. They would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread.
                      -Mark Chmura

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        By no means am I saying scrap heap him, We won 0 games in which Jackson didnt start? which was 4 So as I have said many times Bring in competition dont hand cuff the entire team waiting on a Prospect at best. Bring in more options.
                        Cutler has had growing pains but looked much better then Jackson
                        Croyle is a bust
                        Young led his team to the play offs
                        Leinart has showed some promise
                        When I watch TJ play I see happy feet I see a guy who looks scared a guy who isnt ready. His descion making is marginal at best and even when he does make good descions his receiving corp is pathetic. As Much as I liked the draft pick of rice where was he all season.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          We have to understand as fans that we have to be patience. Did we all think that Tarvaris Jackson was gonna be some savior in his 1st year of Starting and lead this team to the playoffs? No. Its going to take time for him to get comfortable in the pocket.

                          We Cant blame this all on Jackson. Like you said the WR Corp is pathetic which i agree with it 100%. Also seeing how a TE is a QB's best friend and when you have a TE we didnt do anything for us this year its not that easy doing well as a QB. Ryan Cook could also to be blame but not as much.

                          We have to realize that Tarvaris Jackson is our Quaterback at the moment. He took huge steps this season and we can only hope for more in 2008 season. Although some competition for him wouldnt hurt him because it never hurts and brings the best out of the player.

                          But We need to get a Veteran Receiver like Berrian or Bryant Johnson.



                          Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            It would depend on the cost.

                            If we are solid next year(about what we were this year) I don't mind giving a first up for him. If we stink, no way, if Cleveland want more than 1 first, no way.

                            Jackson looked solid to me. He basically has a guy who should be the 3rd receiver at best as his first receiver(Wade), Rice missed the games he really struggled in, Williamson stinks.

                            Our receivers were just poor, he also wasn't helped by either tackles inability to pass block. Mount just isn't quick enough on the left, Cook should be playing in NFL Europe(read: Not playing at all).

                            I think he should get another year, I mean if Matt Ryan is there in the 2nd or 3rd round for us, we should take him, if Dixon or Johnson is there in the 6th, again we should nab them. Otherwise, I think we should sign a good solid veteran QB and stick with TJ. If we can get McNabb for nothing, then we should, but otherwise, stay the course.

                            WR, Safety, OT and DE are bigger needs, we can survive with solid play at QB, I mean the games we won were the games that Jackson didn't lose.


                            Props to BK on the sig!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                              It would depend on the cost.

                              If we are solid next year(about what we were this year) I don't mind giving a first up for him. If we stink, no way, if Cleveland want more than 1 first, no way.

                              Jackson looked solid to me. He basically has a guy who should be the 3rd receiver at best as his first receiver(Wade), Rice missed the games he really struggled in, Williamson stinks.

                              Our receivers were just poor, he also wasn't helped by either tackles inability to pass block. Mount just isn't quick enough on the left, Cook should be playing in NFL Europe(read: Not playing at all).

                              I think he should get another year, I mean if Matt Ryan is there in the 2nd or 3rd round for us, we should take him, if Dixon or Johnson is there in the 6th, again we should nab them. Otherwise, I think we should sign a good solid veteran QB and stick with TJ. If we can get McNabb for nothing, then we should, but otherwise, stay the course.

                              WR, Safety, OT and DE are bigger needs, we can survive with solid play at QB, I mean the games we won were the games that Jackson didn't lose.
                              I agree with you. The only thing is the Matt Ryan to the 2nd round. I dont think he will even be there for us at 17. There's 4 teams before us that could use a Rookie QB.(Falcons, Ravens, Panthers, and Bears).



                              Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                The only thing is the Matt Ryan to the 2nd round. I dont think he will even be there for us at 17. There's 4 teams before us that could use a Rookie QB.(Falcons, Ravens, Panthers, and Bears).
                                I would be shocked if he is still there at 17 also but that is because some team will reach on him(imo). I don't really like him as a first rounder, as a 2nd he really would be worth a crack, but I have absolutely no belief that he will be there, that is just the only situation where I approve of us taking a QB, we have our project, we have a decent backup in Bollinger. We just have far bigger holes than QB imo. We have safety where we have no one I consider to be starter good and no projects, DE is still a problem, OT is a problem in a very strong draft(thus should be addressed). WR again is still a problem though I am quietly confident we have our #1 in Rice and and our slot guy in Wade.


                                Props to BK on the sig!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information