Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the Vikings take DeSean Jackson or Reggie Smith?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol y are u looking at def. when we need a qb... everyone thinks they are content at qb omg when you complete only 30 percent of passes 7 yards or more and have like 2 td and 14 int its time for a change! if flacos still there dont' be suprised if they take him!

Comment

The Vikings are not going to take Joe Flacco at #17. Maybe in round 3 if he's still available but definatly not round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by bdlyons26 View Post
        lol y are u looking at def. when we need a qb... everyone thinks they are content at qb omg when you complete only 30 percent of passes 7 yards or more and have like 2 td and 14 int its time for a change! if flacos still there dont' be suprised if they take him!
        Look at the Receivers. Troy "I drop everything" Williamson and a 3rd option WR at best in Bobby Wade and Ferguson.

Your blaming Tarvaris for not being able to make completions to them? Come On man. Only Brady and Manning could win with them. No way we take QB in Round 1. We have so much bigger needs then another QB to wait on for 2 years before we have a chance to the playoffs when Tarvaris almost took us there by just not messing up when it got tough.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

ok ya i think i was asleep when i wrote that..... but i do think a qb in the 3-6 round is a smart choice b/c i dont' see t.j. panning out but not a qb especially flacco in the first!

Comment

Why is T-jack not panning out?... The expectations some people have for a young QB amaze me. They aren't supposed to play well early on it's completely normal. Tarvaris progressed and got better as the season went on thats all you can really look for in a young QB. bdlysons26, how do you feel about Vince Young, Matt Lienart, Kellen Clemens, and Brodie Croyle? Because if you feel Tarvaris won't pan out surely you feel that same about them.

Comment

This might be a stretch, but I wouldn't mind pigeon-holing the 17th overall pick to a safety. Kenny Phillips or Reggie Smith, preferrably Phillips if he falls. Safeties have the lowest bust rate, and I think either would really bolster our pass defense. Sharper and Smith are terrible in zones.

With our 2nd and two 3rd round picks, I really like the possible combinations of WR-TE. While I wouldn't mind DeSean Jackson at 17, I'd much prefer a safety and then taking advantage of the depth of the receivers and tight ends.

That's my take.
              "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
              4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

i whole heartedly agree Swags....and also, you could throw DE in there as well, Jackson or Ellis could be good 2nd round options for us as well.

Ive been wanting a great playmaking safety for like 3 years now, lol, hopefully ill get my wish this year with Phillips :)

Comment

I don't think a Jackson to Jackson connection is going to help the offense. The defense needs a pass rushing DE more than the offense needs a WR. The WR would end up being under utilized anyway with the poor QBs we have, especially that waste Tarvaris. A good DE would benefit way more with having the Williams Bros taking up 3 to 4 O-linemen up every play allowing him to get after the passer. A DE would also help the coverage to by making opposing QBs get rid of the ball faster causing more turnovers.

To answer the initial question I'd say Reggie Smith because our FS position just went vaccant and DeSean Jackson is way undersized.
                  Last edited by NFLCommander; 02-22-2008, 06:24 PM.

Comment

How about both? Smith in the first and Jackson in the second!

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

i would love to see a S/DE in the first and jordy nelson in the second. I am a big fan of him. great hands.

Comment

Originally posted by giver17 View Post
                        i would love to see a S/DE in the first and jordy nelson in the second. I am a big fan of him. great hands.
                        Nelson?! Maybe in the fourth thru seventh. Wait until the WRs run their times.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information