Drafting a QB....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting a QB....

Think that it is in your teams best interests to draft Quinn or Russell if they fall. I was wondering what Vikings fans think however?

The only arguement against drafting a QB is that you just drafted one in the second round last year. However that was a stupid pick since he should have been a 4th rounder or later....

I have seen every game T-Jack QBed and he sucked. I know that rookie QBs struggle (Alex Smith and to a lesser extent, Eli Manning did), but T-Jack doesnt have the pedigree and I wasnt high on the guy after College.

I think Jackson is tradable if you want to go that route, you can get a 4th rounder for him which isnt a huge loss

I think that you are in a position to get Brady Quinn in a big steal and it would be a huge, franchise wrecking decision if you guys pass on him (or Russell if he is in the same position)

Actually T-Jack was projected as a 3rd round pick, but he sucked but he didnt have very much help last year other than from Chester taylor.... anyways i wouldnt trade T-jack not yet i would keep him let him compete. Now say we had Both Quinn and Russel at #7 high unlikely but if so i must say i would Take Quinn. I like russel alot but if we are going to take another Qb we need to take the more sure Deal in Quinn rather than The Guy with the bigger bust potential

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
      Think that it is in your teams best interests to draft Quinn or Russell if they fall. I was wondering what Vikings fans think however?

The only arguement against drafting a QB is that you just drafted one in the second round last year. However that was a stupid pick since he should have been a 4th rounder or later....
      Not 4th or later it was a little high but not that much.

I have seen every game T-Jack QBed and he sucked. I know that rookie QBs struggle (Alex Smith and to a lesser extent, Eli Manning did), but T-Jack doesnt have the pedigree and I wasnt high on the guy after College.
      He had what 2 games, with his first being at Lambeau. Not fair to judge based off that with a team that had already givin up.

I think Jackson is tradable if you want to go that route, you can get a 4th rounder for him which isnt a huge loss
      Not really tradeable. He was a second rounder, going down 2 rounds after one year(2 games started) isn't good

I think that you are in a position to get Brady Quinn in a big steal and it would be a huge, franchise wrecking decision if you guys pass on him (or Russell if he is in the same position)
      Quinn is a guy that could be great, but you can't give up on a second rounder after that short of a time. For all we know Jackson could be a probowler. Yes there is a chance they draft him but it's a big risk to take.
      My response in bold.

Comment

Jackson was hardly a second rounder though. if I remember correctly, he was the last pick of the 2nd round... Thats basically a 3rd rounder

Comment

Im with the green bay fan. Be fair its like 7.30am and i havent been to sleep so forgive me jesus.
          What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
          It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

Rick Mirer
            There are fans out there who could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. They would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread.
            -Mark Chmura

Comment

I would be all for drafting a QB. I would prefer Quinn though as he seems more polished then Russell. If we did draft a QB I would want us to cut Bollinger and bring in a veteran like Garcia or maybe even Bledsoe. Our situation going into next year as it stands is frightening with just Jackson and Bollinger and I think this team needs more competition at QB. Who else is worthy of the #7 pick that could make an impact on this team??

Comment

If Gaines Adams is gone, I'm all for getting Quinn. But only if Adams is gone.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jerthemessiah View Post
                  Rick Mirer
                  Or Joe Montana

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                    I would be all for drafting a QB. I would prefer Quinn though as he seems more polished then Russell. If we did draft a QB I would want us to cut Bollinger and bring in a veteran like Garcia or maybe even Bledsoe. Our situation going into next year as it stands is frightening with just Jackson and Bollinger and I think this team needs more competition at QB. Who else is worthy of the #7 pick that could make an impact on this team??
                    Bollinger makes less than Garcia is going to make and you can't spend #7 money, a 2nd round pick money and a big name F/A money at the same position. Plus I hate Garcia as QB option and if Childress brings in anymore Eagles castoffs I'm going to hurl.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

Quinn is a great college QB and I predict will be a Pro Bowl QB within 3 years.
                      So if we draft him I'd be very happy. But I'm not quite understanding the logic in trading away a Qb that we gave up 2 really good picks for.
                      I'd much prefer Jackson / Bollinger starting next year without putting the pressure on him to start from day 1 (basically exactly how the 3 #1's did this year...wait 6 weeks or so before determining if he should start).
                      It didn't hurt Daunte to wait a year.

Comment

If Brady Quinn is anywhere as good this year as Jay Cutler, Matt Leinart, or Vince Young were last year, we'll be in a good situation.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

we may not end up drafting a QB...

Word within NFL circles is that the Vikings haven't backed off in their pursuit of Atlanta quarterback Matt Schaub and will offer their second-round pick in April's draft and an offensive player -- perhaps quarterback Brad Johnson.
                          -- Minneapolis Star Tribune
                          http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                            Or Joe Montana
                            Montana was a 3rd rounder. Mirer was the last big overhyped thing at QB to come out of Notre Dame.
                            There are fans out there who could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. They would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread.
                            -Mark Chmura

Comment

I don't think this article is worth much as it's all rumors without naming any source. Plus why would Brad Johnson hold any trade value right now ? NFLNetwork has been saying all day / night that he's going to be released before friday.
                              Smoot will be too. He's scheduled to make 4 mill in bonus money and we end up saving like 400 grand for both if they are released before friday.
                              I pray we stay away from Ashlie Lelie....though I'd do backflips if we actually traded for Darrell Jackson. I think the Deion Branch trade last year pissed him off. I don't have anything more than a gut feeling on that though.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information