No announcement yet.

Oh, Troy Williamson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Williamson played for free, the Vikings would still be getting ripped off. Before a wide receiver should be able to make a cent in the NFL, he should be able to catch a ball.

Williamson doesn't have a case of the drops, he literally can't catch. You don't drop as many wide open passes as Troy does simply with a case of the drops. He lacks hand-eye coordination and body control.

Anybody who wants to give him another chance just because he is making a relatively small amount of money is foolish, IMO. Keeping him on the roster, money or no money, is a huge risk. What if the teams had lost in week 17 that would have enabled us to make the playoffs... and Troy drops a completely wide open bomb for what would have been a sure-thing TD. He could have cost us a playoff spot.

Williamson deserves a 4th year for the Vikings about as much as Ted Kaczynski deserves the right to use the USPS.
    "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
    4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Originally posted by swagger View Post
      If Williamson played for free, the Vikings would still be getting ripped off.
      Wow. This needs to be a sig quote.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I didn't say I wanted him back I said I wouldn't mind it. I would rather have him gone, but if for some reason Childress decides to keep him I really wouldn't care anymore considering he isn't making millions of dollars we could put into a top F/A. Just to emphasize how little he is getting, Ferguson last year(after coming of sub par/injury riddled seasons) got signed to a deal bigger($700,000) than what williamson is scheduled to make.

Comment

If Williamson played for free, the Vikings would still be getting ripped off. Before a wide receiver should be able to make a cent in the NFL, he should be able to catch a ball.

Williamson doesn't have a case of the drops, he literally can't catch. You don't drop as many wide open passes as Troy does simply with a case of the drops. He lacks hand-eye coordination and body control.

Anybody who wants to give him another chance just because he is making a relatively small amount of money is foolish, IMO. Keeping him on the roster, money or no money, is a huge risk. What if the teams had lost in week 17 that would have enabled us to make the playoffs... and Troy drops a completely wide open bomb for what would have been a sure-thing TD. He could have cost us a playoff spot.

Williamson deserves a 4th year for the Vikings about as much as Ted Kaczynski deserves the right to use the USPS.
          well actually, troy didn't lose us the season in week 17 because the skins won, which knocked us out. otherwise, I agree with you on the rest

Comment

Originally posted by giver17 View Post
            well actually, troy didn't lose us the season in week 17 because the skins won, which knocked us out. otherwise, I agree with you on the rest
            That's why I said "What if the teams had lost in week 17 that would have enabled us to make the playoffs..."
            "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
            4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

That he hasn't had the same receivers coach for two consecutive years is startling. Still, he's had three years to show if he's worth keeping. Sidney Rice looks to be a very good pick for the Vikes.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

From Rotoworld

The Vikings will meet with the agent for Troy Williamson this weekend.

Williamson, coming off a career worst season, will likely be cut this summer.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Comment

That's why I said "What if the teams had lost in week 17 that would have enabled us to make the playoffs..."
                  yeah well you can 'what if' about anything, but it doesn't mean it happened. now had he dropped that pass, and as a result we missed the playoffs that is one thing, but to rest our lack of a playoff birth squarely on his shoulders though is overboard.

Comment

Well, there isn't much at the WR position on the Vikes so I could see keeping him as an option, but he shouldn't be moved past either slot or the #3 or #4 WR spots on the depth chart. I could see hi being cut because he isn't worth the contract he has and the more cap space the better this day-in-age in the NFL. I'm not afraid to say I had really high hopes for this kid when we drafted him.

Comment

I read somewhere that the Jaguars are interested in Williamson...I hope they would wait for him to be released but what is his current trade value?

Comment

Not much at all I'd be surprised if we were able to get more than a 5th round pick.

Comment

since I've seen him play very little....what is the knock on him and why hasn't his talent translated into NFL production...

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                            since I've seen him play very little....what is the knock on him and why hasn't his talent translated into NFL production...
                            the s.o.b. cant catch. he's fast as hell, has great separation speed, but cant catch the ball.
                            oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

It sucks that he didnt pan out for u guys, he was supposed to replace Moss. I remember during one of the Packer-Viking games last year him burning everyone and Jackson throwing a perfect pass and him dropping it. It was a sure touchdown, the game turned out 9-7 in favor of the Packers that was a huge drop. Did Moss want out of Minny or did Minny want him out I dont remember? That was a great day for all Packer fans that we didnt have to face him twice a year anymore. He always killed us.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                                I read somewhere that the Jaguars are interested in Williamson...I hope they would wait for him to be released but what is his current trade value?
                                i am not sure, but it can not be much. maybe a 5th or something ******

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information