Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, Troy Williamson

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S331768.shtml?cat=1

Essentially, Childress says that Williamson will be back. Thoughts?
    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Boo.

He makes way too much money to suck so bad.

Anyone know the cap-hit for releasing him?
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

I'm torn, I'd hate to give up on him and have him actually do something decent somewhere else but at the same time he sure looks like he is never going to get it.

One more year cant hurt though, as long as he isn't holding back Rice and that him being here doesn't stop us getting another WR in the 2nd or 3rd round. I mean drops are something that should be correctable, he just needs to work on it and relax a bit.

Still, I think he is firmly in the Erasmus James category now where you keep him around but expect nothing. If he can get 60 catches, its a complete bonus, if he doesn't, at least you planned for it and got a better option. To be honest I'd really like us to have a long hard look at both Roy Williams and Chad Johnson and see how their availability and cost is, they are legit WRs who can bail out a young QB and if they were opposite of Rice I think we have a really nice thing going. Cost of course being the big question.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

I think you can forget about Roy Williams. Matt Millen may not be the best GM, but even he knows he would be making an Idotic move for the Lions to trade Roy Williams to the Vikings. I like Chad Johnson but im not completely sure Brad Childress would like him. Larry Fitzgerald makes the most sense for the Vikings.

As for williamson the statement in the article is rather vague on the subject. It doesn't quote childress as saying williamson will be wearing a Viking Jersey in the 08 season. It Just says...

Childress said Williamson is still under contract and part of their off-season plans.
        Last edited by Crazy_Chris; 02-05-2008, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
          Childress said Williamson is still under contract and part of their off-season plans.
          Their off-season plans could be to try to trade him...

Personnaly, i think Childress is using the media to increase his value if they decide to trade him. If he comes right out and say he will be cut, no one would ever trade for him. I'm still not sure anyone would want him though. No one can deny his speed and that he gets open, but damn, those hands are ugly...

Comment

I hope he stumbles off of a steep cliff.

Comment

Did Troy Williamson play Hot Hands on Little Giants by any chance?
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                I hope he stumbles off of a steep cliff.
                nice...agreed...or maybe tries catching a ball and accidentally falls off

sig by fenikz
                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                You are just a terrible person.
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                I have an iPhone.

Comment

I think you can forget about Roy Williams. Matt Millen may not be the best GM, but even he knows he would be making an Idotic move for the Lions to trade Roy Williams to the Vikings. I like Chad Johnson but im not completely sure Brad Childress would like him. Larry Fitzgerald makes the most sense for the Vikings.
                  Hey I can dream right? I agree though, i only mention Williams because I heard talk of him being a bit disgruntled in Detroit, I haven't heard anything since though, so that may have been purely a rumour. As for Chad, I can't see Brad wanting him, but the talent is undeniable. I'd love Larry also, but I can't see it happening unfortunately. Would just cost too much, he is what we need though.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Childress hinted that he might be back, and I thought it was probably just posturing perhaps setting up for a trade.

Then I read this ridiculous article:
                    http://www.startribune.com/sports/15704672.html
                    "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                    4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Originally posted by swagger View Post
                      Childress hinted that he might be back, and I thought it was probably just posturing perhaps setting up for a trade.

Then I read this ridiculous article:
                      http://www.startribune.com/sports/15704672.html
                      what is he supposed to say, that troy couldn't catch a cold if he wanted to?

lord knows troy williamson sucks and has a 99.9 percent chance of keeping the title as a bust. he's had plenty of opportunities to prove himself and has subsequently embarrassed himself each time.
                      Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                      Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

Well I thought Williamson was going to be making a hell of a lot more than $435,000, but seeing that it isn't wasting too much money I don't have a problem with giving him one more shot. I just won't be expecting anything good so hopefully he will surprise.

I feel bad for the guy becuase by all reports he has one of the best work ethics on the team but for some reason he just doesn't seem to get it game day.

Comment

sure you can feel bad for him all you want, but when it comes down to it he can't catch the damn ball. I know I can't play pro sports, but you wouldn't feel bad for me if I was on the team and got cut for being horrible. it is life, and it is a part of the game and his job.

bringing in a guy like Fitz would be amazing for this team. honestly, that would do us wonders. a guy like CJ would obviously boost our talent pool, but I don't know if there are enough older leaders around to keep him in line and low profile - something he has never been. I love me some ocho cinco once the pads are on, but I just dont know if he is worth all the baggage sometimes

Comment

No I feel bad for him becuase he works his ass off and it's seemingly all for nothing(according to what I have read). I won't feel bad if he gets cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                              No I feel bad for him becuase he works his ass off and it's seemingly all for nothing(according to what I have read). I won't feel bad if he gets cut.
                              yeah, but if he just doesn't have the talent, he just doesn't have it. its not like he hasn't known since he got in the league

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information